New Tool: (3.2) Drum Layers (Available Again)

New Alpha: Drum Layers

ledger.scripts.DrumLayers_V0.55.xrnx

• If on Mac/ Windows and you have DMG Track Control installed, extra buttons will appear to initalise/ toggle instances of the plug for delay nudging and some other useful functions. The plug is free, but you will need a DMG audio account to authorise it.

Drum Layers

Designed to take drudgery out of layering drums or other samples.

Keyboard Shortcut: Drum Layers

Best place to start is with an empty instrument slot. Press Wav button on the leftmost slot and drag a sample into the sampler. You can now tweak with the other controls and navigate around the sampler. Repeat for slots 2 and 3.

Also:

• Each sample layer has its own modulation and fx lanes pre-routed
  • You can Solo and Mute each layer. The tool uses specially named gainers in the fx lanes to do this.

Should be fairly self explanatory if you are familiar with the sampler functions.

Drum Layers 0.5 - Copy

changelog:

-v 0.56
Removed a print in the timer
You can now rename samples from the tools textfields

-v 0.55
finetune height

-v 0.54
Updated the Initalise dialog to show the selected instrument in renoise.

-v0.53
If you have Track Control installed (Mac/Windows) a new button will appear on each Layer named [TC]. This will automatically add/ open/close an instance of Track Control so you can adjust the relative delay of sample layers to each other, aswell as quick access to a lot of other handy features in one place:

-v0.52
Now double-clicking controls volume and panning controls will set then to the correct defaults (along with right-clicking tuning value boxes which moves those by 12 semitones and 10 cents respectively)

My Other Scripts

7 Likes

UPDATE ON CRASH BUG

I have pinned down the bug that causes renoise to crash with this tool. As it’s a fatal crash with no song backups created, I’m temporarily removing the tool.

Basically it’s caused by having a detached envelope open in renoise then changing the selected sample in the tool via the API

1 Like

As the bug got fixed in renoise for floating modulation windows, I’m restoring the download for this. However use with care and do report any probs if you run into them. I’m just getting round to using/ testing this again myself.

v0.52

• Now double-clicking controls volume and panning controls will set then to the correct defaults (along with right-clicking tuning value boxes which moves those by 12 semitones and 10 cents respectively)

v 0.53 in first post

• If you have Track Control installed (Mac/Windows) a new button will appear on each Layer named [TC]. This will automatically add/ open/close an instance of Track Control so you can adjust the relative delay of sample layers to each other, aswell as quick access to a lot of other handy features in one place:

Updated a shortcut in another tool that might be helpful along side Drum Layers. It now includes closing of plugins opened in the instrument device lanes:

Close All Open Plugin Editors
NOTE: Will not close plugin GUIs contained in doofers

Updated shortcut tool

2 Likes

-v 0.54

• updated the Initalise dialog to show the selected instrument now, to make life a tiny bit easier!

-v 0.55

• finetune height

-v 0.56

• Removed a print in the timer
  • You can now rename samples from the tools textfields

In First Post

1 Like

Something I was considering adding a slider for but not sure yet, so I’ll leave it as a tip here:

If you want to add subtle velocity to pitch modulation (particularly useful on shakers/ closed hats), use the Pitch Velocity Tracking device with following settings:

vel tracking

Scale: On
and set to Unipolar
Max pulled down to a fairly low value to get a natural sound, adjust to style etc.

1 Like