New tool (3.3.0) Automated Sample Recording From MIDI Enabled Hardware

That isn’t out of the scope of the tool, but it’s out of the scope of my current amount of free time. :sweat_smile:. Maybe one day!

1 Like

haha, I can get into that.

BTW, I’ve looked but I can’t seem to find it. Do you have a donation button anywhere?

1 Like

If you are in the Keyzones tab. All the way to the right, select the drop-down menu. Export Multi-Sample. Creates a SFZ file you can open in older versions of Renoise.

1 Like

Woo hoo - thanks! I will give this a try later :grinning: .

1 Like

That’s not needed! If you really want to give something, donate to the cause of LSDJ in my honor :slight_smile: (Little Sound Dj)

2 Likes

Would it be possible to make the midi device and channel selection “persistent” like the rest of the note options ?

Thanks for all you hard work. This tool is rad!

1 Like

Can you explain a bit further? I’m not sure what you mean by keeping them persistent. What’s changing?

I think he means the Device and Channel drop downs keep resetting to default values. It always forgets which MIDI Output I selected.

Whilst we’re at it I’d love the ability to sample to a new instrument, please!

Amazing work. I’m having so much fun turning mono patches in to massive chords!

Got it. I can take care of that.

Should have a PR for dogsplusplus today

1 Like

Thanks Chris! I’ll be ready for it.

Sorry about missing recrnt replies!

PR up and ready to :eye: . I wish I had been watching this thread! I walked away from the auto patch changing feature when life got crazy. I think I’ll pick that back up as it was soooo close to being done.

Merged and released. Thanks!

• Persist settings between uses.

Uploaded to github releases and renoise tools page.

2 Likes

Hi,

Just trying this out with my Nord Drum today. I was wondering if there could be a test mode, where just one otest sample is recorded just to check all the settings (release time and between time etc).

Well, you could limit the range, check the result and then do a proper range :wink:

This tool is awesome!
I love it!

Encountered a bug:

"‘C:\Users\pluge\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.4.2\Scripts\Tools\hack.dpp.hwsampler.xrnx\main.lua’ failed in one of its notifiers.
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.

Please contact the author (…) for assistance…

.\process_slicer.lua:111: std::logic_error: ‘can not access properties of a sample buffer with no sample data.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
.\process_slicer.lua:111: in function <.\process_slicer.lua:98>"

Deleting an instrument that had just finished rendering;

"ers\pluge\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.4.2\Scripts\Tools\hack.dpp.hwsampler.xrnx\main.lua’ failed in one of its notifiers.
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.

Please contact the author (…) for assistance…

.\process_slicer.lua:111: std::logic_error: ‘trying to access a nil object of type ‘class Sample’. the object is not or no longer available.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
.\process_slicer.lua:111: in function <.\process_slicer.lua:98>"

1 Like

I have a couple thoughts here. First, thanks for reporting the issue. Renoise’s sampler has to be configured correctly and unfortunately there’s no way to do it from the tool. When its not configured you’ll see crashes like this. We can probably work on better error handling though.

Make sure “Create a new instrument on each take” is not checked. Once you’ve done that please let me know if it’s fixed your issue.

1 Like

also getting this bug, seems to be failing on every other recording. unchecking “compensate input and output latencies” seems to get it working.

@dogsplusplus @chrisr Great tool. Thanks for making it available to the public.

2 Likes

@dogsplusplus :pray:t2: