New Tool (3.3): Almost Drums

oh shit, this is great! More like this from you, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

one other thing, would it be possible to get the KS wavelength represented as a frequency value instead of sample length? That would be useful for harmonic tuning in my situation

Oh, please do? Everybody will love a more metallic sound coming from this. Maybe create a new tab, and that would be labeled “metallic”, and the one you currently have could be labeled as “ticks/clicks”? Just a thought. This tool is too damn good. Please don’t drop this, it’s freakin’ incredible.

1 Like

do you mean just convert the length of the buffer to frequency like here?
In wavelen buffer is only some generated noise.

Yes, exactly. Buffer length represented as Hz please and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent tool! Thanks! :slight_smile:

If you don’t already know from this forum post; The MOTHERLODE of Sample Generators

…which lists a bunch of cool useful online sample generating sites, perhaps you can lift some ideas from them in your sound generation tool? :sunglasses:

1 Like

crazy good stuff !
been tinkering with it for an hour and it’s been a blast so far :slight_smile:

This is excellent, this or something similar should be native!!I have a request, please consider adding a random button that randomizes all parameters on a given page.

2 Likes

+1 for randomize!

Hello,
new version is out.

Kick has selectable wave source
Hihat section has two modules oldschool and metalic
Added experimental Cymbal section
Added experimental Claps section
Added randomizer

Please keep your volume low if randomizing.
Filters are beasts.

7 Likes

Oh man! Yay!!!

Right out of the box, the very first bass drum it produces… Just beautiful. @martblek, thank you so much!!! Hi-hats are just wow. Hot damn! The cymbals are basically the open-hats and ride cymbal sounds. YEAH!!!

There’s still a lot to catch up on.
There are a few things I really don’t like, but I’ll save that for next time.
Now I’m going to work again for a while. At least you’ll have more time for reminders.
The randomizer is really basic.

2 Likes

And a new video with a different version of the older track, showing off all the neat percussive sounds this Tool is making (using the TDR Limiter GE in Reaper for loudness/stereo):

5 Likes

Awesome update :metal: :fire:

1 Like

v0.04 is ready for testing.

2 Likes

Quick bug fix in v0.06

1 Like

I’m having a strange issue where the tool seems to have reverted to an earlier version after this last update… cymbals and alternate metallic hihat are now missing, and it’s back to just the 4 original generators.

Did the bug fix revert to an earlier version of the code? Tried reinstalling, updating tools, restarting renoise, etc, all to no avail… anyone else having this problem?

Not here, seems to have changed a bit - now there’s a saturator in mine, and all the pieces are there.

Ok, weird and good to know. Guess I’ll try again

edit: got it working again. for some reason it was loading the old version. who knows why :upside_down_face: