New Tool (3.3): Almost Drums

v0.04 is ready for testing.

2 Likes

Quick bug fix in v0.06

1 Like

I’m having a strange issue where the tool seems to have reverted to an earlier version after this last update… cymbals and alternate metallic hihat are now missing, and it’s back to just the 4 original generators.

Did the bug fix revert to an earlier version of the code? Tried reinstalling, updating tools, restarting renoise, etc, all to no avail… anyone else having this problem?

Not here, seems to have changed a bit - now there’s a saturator in mine, and all the pieces are there.

Ok, weird and good to know. Guess I’ll try again

edit: got it working again. for some reason it was loading the old version. who knows why :upside_down_face:

Had you accidentally toggled this? ;

no, it wasn’t that. it was definitely an older version, as that toggle option wasn’t even available, and cymbals and claps were totally absent

all good now though!

1 Like

So Great! Thank you!!

Oh my god this is amazing bro !

1 Like

Hello,
v0.07 is out.
New section added “Glockenspiel & Gong”.
The glockenspiel still sounds more like a “triangle”
and the gong is still a long way from being a real gong,
but I’m working on it :slight_smile:
I’m looking for the right dissonances.
I’m trying to imitate the sound by splitting the real gong sound into frequencies using FFT,
creating oscillators and putting them together, but there is a betrayal somewhere.
it doesn’t work very well :frowning:

3 Likes

@martblek this thing keeps getting better and better - also LOVE the new layout, much more efficient. Those gong sounds are really neat in the lower frequencies. Great job!

thanks, but I still have a lot to learn

Don’t we all :upside_down_face:

1 Like

any chance of a Renoise 3.1 version for us people stuck in 32bit land?

Hello,
I don’t know how much the api has changed since version 3.1.
if you edit the manifest to an older version, it doesn’t work?
I can’t try it now I’m away from home.

Great update!
love the new UI and the ability to add saturation is really powerful. Easy awesome hard kicks now. Thanks, @martblek
btw, when will we get to see/test this one? looks really interesting and fun

:fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Awesome tool!

1 Like

Hi,
it’s based on my favorite older dAnushri tool with some of my own ideas.
So far it’s just a test and I’ve been learning how to record what’s happening on the screen in this video :slight_smile: I’m currently working on something for AD but I ran into a limitation of the math.random function which isn’t so random and it bothers me with both AD and this tool. I wanted to use the “mersenne twister”, it is very good but too slow for what I need. but i found something interesting and not too much cpu heavy.
after the tests I will see if it has any future at all.

4 Likes

Awesome, well good luck with the testing! looks super fun for pattern-side glitching :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
v0.08 is out.
Experimental glitcher is added /take it with a grain of salt/.

2 Likes