New Tool (3.3) line_grab

line_grab

A basic tool to move lines into available empty lines. Similar to Super Nudge but it grabs the whole line including FX columns and jumps over other filled lines, it can also move horizontally but doesn’t work with block selection or through changing delay values.

line_grab

Provides four key-bindings in Pattern Editor / Tools

• Move line up
  • Move line right
  • Move line down
  • Move line left

Additionaly there are some more to move selected DSP devices in a similar manner inside the mixer and sample effects view. Renoise provides keybindings for moving a device inside its own track or chain but it won’t let you move devices between them, this tool implements these missing actions.

Two in Mixer / Edit to move devices across tracks

• Move Device Right
  • Move Device Left

and two in Sample FX Mixer / Device to move devices across sample effect chains

• Move Device Up
  • Move Device Down

see the source on gitlab

download from direct link (this zip includes all my other tools as well)

consider donating :heart:

16 Likes

Absolutely perfect, THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

This kinda thing should be standard

2 Likes

I have no idea how to install it ?
Is it not on the tools page cheers

If you downloaded the zip you can just drag and drop an xrnx folder onto renoise I think.

Alternatively you can copy it manually to your tools folder (location depends on your OS).

Nice, but it should move the related note-off with the note, too! And then crate a new line note column, if required, or rearrange the notes in the track on-the-fly while moving around :sweat_smile:

Also track fx like pitchbend or aftertouch should not be moved along with the note.

Ill look again later but i just see lua files im new to renoise

you drag the folder containing the lua files onto renoise

done it thanks

should mention to people about the shortcuts needed , thanks so much a cool tool

I listed the keybindings that the tool provides in the description but maybe I’ll add a general guide about how to install and configure tools in the repo.

The goal was to move whole lines since in my practice I more often tie fx to notes than I use them separately, the most used example being triggering samples with sample offset fx.

For me this tool is pretty much feature-complete (it does nothing more than the name suggests) but feel free to fork my repo and take it in another direction!

1 Like

version 0.2 - device grabbing

Updated the tool to add similar grabbing functionality to move selected DSP devices inside the mixer and sample effects view.
Renoise provides keybindings for moving a device inside its own track or chain but it won’t let you move devices between them, this update implements these missing actions.

Two in Mixer / Edit to move devices across tracks

• Move Device Right
  • Move Device Left

and two in Sample FX Mixer / Device to move devices across sample effect chains

• Move Device Up
  • Move Device Down
3 Likes