No good music apps for it, but so what?

gosh!

I’ll freely tell people that iOS is by far the most capable mobile operating system for a multitude of reasons but I’m not going to buy one.

Quite likely I’d nibble my way through a whole pack of Pringles at a social gathering but I will not buy them myself.

Fruit and nut Yorkie bars used to be one of my favoured chocy breaks but I will no longer by them.

I will always favour a local chippy or kabab shop over a McDonalds for a burger.

Yes I might be a little strange!

No, Apple probably don’t fit on the scale of nasty companies along with Proctor & Gable, Nestle or McDonalds but they have enough policies in place that I disagree with for me to refuse to buy their products. Surely I am free to make this decision??..

It’s because of the Chinese manufacturer Foxconn that assembles the material for Apple who exploits their employees (and the factory guards molests them if they don’t do what Foxconn wants) and even applies child-labour to get all these Apple products manufactured.
Apple some time ago “proudly” announced that Foxconn employees now only have to work 60 hours a week. Still the molest hasn’t turned down.
The fact that Apple condones these actions to beyond borders of understanding is why there are many people who rather get products from the competitor.

If that isn’t enough, try to figure out what the Apple personnel themselves are gaining on the company its success…

Whether you care or don’t care is your decision. I doubt any company is fully clean, but i don’t really care about hype gadgets and if the competition can offer what Apple can, i’ll buy the competition or figure out another way to get the functionality i need.

Turning off “Tap and Send”, which is some kind of friendly name for nfc, seemed to do the most for battery life on this phone.

I didn’t complain because it has no buttons, i was complaining about it not beeing very good for games. It’s not very good for internet either, the screen is way too small for it to be practical. ;)/>/>
I use phone for calling, texting and alarm clock, that’s mainly it. I’d like to get me a tablet some day though, mainly for drawing and portable internet, but i’m not buying a not so smart phone. :D/>/>

You buy Playstation for gaming like it’s designed for, but you don’t buy a smart phone mainly for phoning.

Not something I thought I would use so had it disabled from the beginning anyway.

No, you buy a smartphone to tweet everywhere you can and let everybody know where you are (even when you’re on the toilet).
And as a bonus, your GPS landmark registration is automatically attached as evidence. (which is of course also handy for burglars, because then they know when you are not at home :P)

just to add: imagine how much money apple products would cost, if it would produced in us or eu.

Absolutely free!! Btw, Nestle is a Swiss company. Did you know? Nestlé - Wikipedia

A lot of people think Nestle is an, “evil American corporation.” And I notices you have it sandwiched in McDonalds and P & G… so I am just wanting to clarify that this pancreatic cancer inducing crap: Is Swiss…

http://www.soap.com/p/tasters-choice-nescaf-coffee-37-oz-pouches-4-pk-324899?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=ZQB-26484B&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1323256943&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

but, it says ‘product of the usa’. hmm. oh well.

if the exploitation of the poor american worker by the swiss is what it takes to get me a cup of delicious powdered hot chocolate, i guess that’s the way it’s got to be.

Ticking off the whole hornets nest was defo not my intention, but I guess I should’ve known better. :smashed:

Regarding Foxconn, you do realise that they also assemble products for many other companies, including Nokia and Samsung, right? If you dig into any relatively recent and mass produced electronic device you are bound to find something that came out of Foxconn’s factories. So if you’re going to abstain from buying products on that basis, you’d have to abstain from mostly everything that requires some form of electricity to work. :)

Exactly!

You got a reasonable point here. Though Apple’s secrecy policy did caused folks there to commit suicide or getting molested for and even though Apple isn’t directly responsible for that, they also don’t take drastic countermeasures to prevent it from happening further.

40% of ALL electronic goods produced in the world today isn’t it? But that’s not the entire of my cause of dislike for Apple anyway, and not many of the other companies went on to defend Foxcomm with statements that the suicides that caused the stir in the papers (all from the factory that concentrates on producing iProducts) was still lower per capita in overall China or for any state within the USA. Still it was serious enough for them to then go install suicide nets around the base of their workers accommodations and factories!

As to my Nokia… I don’t think you can return it when the display looks like a cobweb of cracks, even if it is within the grade period when upgrading. Oh well…

I hate this piece of $£&* more and more! I wish I hadn’t broken it so I could have returned it!!

MTP mode only sucks! Having to ever open WMP sucks even more!! Windows Phone software only being released for Win7 and Win8 is a load of tosh! All I wanted to do was put a couple of mixes on it as my mp3 player was at my girlfriend’s but it seems that is an impossibility! Not even the Win7 computers at work will recognise it, even though they have WMP12 installed and should thus be fully MTP compliant!

Anybody want to buy a Lumia 920 (locked to Orange/EE I assume) for a good price? I will claim a new one on the insurance first so you will get one basically fresh out the box ;)

Just install a plain and simple ftp app and your ready to connect. Perhaps there is something like Windows phone manager or a tool that allows synchronising your media files between the phone and your wireless connection.
Mine is also mtp only, but that is because i added a hacked Android copy of the smartphone’s edition in order to get it rooted.

There is some kind of Cloud Storage but that is a PITA for what should be so simple in a few seconds over a cable! Especially when you’re already running late for work due to the Alarm being buggy (if you change the time after turning the alarm on it still goes off at the old time, rather than the new time it displays) so going from computer to online, then online to the phone, when nearly the whole journey to work is underground, really is not ideal!!

First music app I’ve seen and most reviews are people talking about the parts not syncing together. IE it obviously suffers badly from latency on recording!

:-/

EDIT: plus a little synth.

Let me know a price if you’re still interested.