Openmpt Be Badmouthin Us! :O

That’s not the point… coders are thought to be somewhat smart… THAT’S what makes these statements so surprising/hilarious. I think.

1.) O_O can’t even answer that, it’s so hilariously wrong…

2.) “Oh, and I also want to say that this post does not represent the opinion of the OpenMPT team, so please leave them out of this discussion, thanks!

How about you do the same? You talk trash about “the devs” of Renoise, expect a backlash.

so from ONE (claimed) instance you make a general claim…?! how is that not hilarious/stupid?

and what is this brouhahaha you’re speaking of? byte mentioned it, everybody just shrugs and says “yeah let em, if it makes them happy”… that’s hardly brouhaha. More like “bro, hahahahahhaha…”

Und wovon träumst Du nachts? :lol:

Again, where’s the flaming? YOU flamed, and you get mocked for it. It will stay that way until you’re not posting dumb shit anymore, or until people get bored.

And what is that oldskool attitude you speak of? Do you at least have thumbs, or do you consider them “unfair”, too? Hahah…

no, it’s one example (you’re not even willing to actually disclose – uhhhh…) that doesn’t show SHIT, which you turned into a generalization, and doing that shows… something, but nothing interesting really.

they even ignore the most simple feature requests made by registered users (which are preferred when it comes to implementing features, as far as I can gather from the FAQ). I know some people who actually paid for Renoise but who are frustrated because nobody pays attention to their simple requests.

Dude, when you talk BS and someone points that out, just dig it. “you’re a moron!” is an opinion, too, and it seems to have merit, contrary to what you posted.

posting irrelevant blah blah is something you never would do. ofc. ^^

/trollfood

Yeah thank you, I love you too. Did I insult you somewhere when I was asleep because you have to throw some insults back at me? I thought that people here are actually mature enough to not flame me with replies like this.

Apparently you still haven’t read the original post very well. It’s the other way around actually. Someone claimed that the Renoise devs are taking every single request into account, which I said is not true.

Why’s it wrong? I haven’t seem my share for the copies of OpenMPT we have sold … waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit!

Where are the personal attacks towards Renoise developers in my post? Please tell me the exact findings. And no, “they even ignore the most simple feature requests” does not count, since that was not even an insult.

Byebye. Not-Using-Renoise Troll is feeded now. Sorry for messing up your Renoise forums. I should not have done it. Instead, I will go back making music… with my own tools, which you laugh so much about.

Oh yes it is… I don’t know of ANY other software, freeware or commercial, which has devs so engaged with the community. So saying something like that amounts to an insult IMO.

but yeah, good riddance.

grabs popcorn

Serious though. What ModPlug does is abso-fucking-lutely wonderful. There’s no bloody doubt about that. I mean, sharing knowledge to create software that allows people to create music, without asking anything in return. That’s fucking beautiful and I salute thee. When I started tracking using FT2 in 2000, I stumbled upon ModPlug and I was a very active member of the community. I loved that place, I ‘grew up’ there! My goddamn roots! Bloody fucking yes that I salute thee! On my knees! I extensively used the ModPlug Player, only experimented with the software, it didn’t feel and look right for me, despite me being a full blood tracker, hey no hard feelings, obviously.

I don’t know what happened on the Way of the Hex. But somewhere on the Path of Music, I decided I was more than willing to make a financial sacrifice to get what I needed. Why not? More than one user can testify that Renoise is the most grown-up tracker out there. Practically, it can compare itself with the most acclaimed DAW’s there are, but hey, so can ModPlug when it comes to functionality. So what’s the catch? Why would a hardcore, cheapskate, broke, freeware-tracker-user be willing to make that financial sacrifice? Well, quite frankly, the least of respect I can show to my own music, is making sure I have functional, potent and stable means of achieving it. Renoise is just that. The fact that one needs to exclaim the distaste of something else, in order to assure that whatever it is one’s pushing comes off beter, comes off more like a desperate means of clinging on to… what? What you guys have is amazing, not perfect, neither is Renoise, but bloody amazing nonetheless! Seems only fair to the community and the project itself to… y’know… focus on that. Bonding and all. We’re just different Clans on the Path of Hex. Can we not coexist without judgement? Can’t we all like, just get along? That goes to ‘us’ to, if I may say so. Whatever personal problems we may or may not have with one or another aside.

It’s wrong because Renoise has a small dev team, and I BET you they’re not getting rich with Renoise, nowhere near.

This forum is abound with posts of people saying “you cannot possibly make this so cheap, I wanna donate”… but the team doesn’t accept donations. So people buy T-Shirts and give licenses as gifts to others.

OpenMPT on the other hand I wouldn’t even use if you paid me for it ^^

The point was not the 100 lines of code.
The point is, you haven’t seen the source code so you don’t know.
If you haven’t been part of the dev-team or seen the source code, all your “simplicity” statements are speculations.
Which equals to basicly nothing.

Don’t overgeneralize dude… there’s immaturity in every community. Nobody claimed everyone here was a saint.

Taking something into account is entirely different than implementing it.

I’d say by the way it’s worded, that it is an insult. How could it possibly not be taken as an insult? You’re saying they ignore their userbase.

What? I haven’t seen anyone here insulting Modplug as a tool… where are you getting that from?

You can blame me for being a fan boy for this but Renoise has had, for the duration from v. 1.9 to 2.5, important and innovating changes which expand the capabilities of a tracker. People who have requested for a piano roll feature and true sidechaining and are pissed about them not being added don’t understand the focal point why the changes are decided like this. Renoise is developed like a tracker for people who prefer tracking as means of composing audio. Besides it supports Rewire now.

I am puzzled why a Modplug developer slams Renoise development like that since they are also working on a tracker themselves. Makes little sense to me.

waves, jumps up and down… gleefully

+1

Free software is pretty amazing, not just modplug.
The only problem I have with the renoise-bashing is the assumption of something being simple when someone don’t have a clue.
It’s just tarded to make such a statement based on assumptions.

As I wrote earlier I don’t try to de-value Modplug but it’s amazing that someone tries to de-value Renoise.
Of all the software I own and have used in the past, Renoise is at the top of the “bang-for-the-buck” list.

Ah fuckit… can’t say I didn’t try.

grabs popcorn too

edit: sitting on this side of the discussion was worth paying the money for Renoise alone

soooo true :D

That wasn’t a flame, but an insult you bell-end, stop being a generalizing pussy.
I was summoned like a demon to amuse (!!), but I’m really quite a very nice guy who actually downloaded the new MPT version to engage into a little compo with my close friends. But even though i’ve always loved ModPlug Tracker to no end, i still think you’re a downright cunt.

If MPT’s dev team is smaller than Renoise’s and for a long time until recently Renoise was being developed by a single person (much respect Taktik!) then this has got me thinking Taktik must looks something like this.

(Sorry Taktik)

How else could a one man team be bigger than a (even small) group of Devs on an open source software.

AND actually produce a stable DAW

is that a disease… or actual body fat created by EATING?!? if I was that fat, I would not be able to eat a single bite in the same room as myself :(