Plans for Renoise?

Classic TNT style…

Producing self at the unimportents lines from others post and ignoring argues and detailed points in a response. And yes, i would want to have both imput methods in Renoise. Tracker and Pianoroll. Why? I described it very detailed in some threads here. But this will ignored permanently from you. Your entire acting here in many post’s is like an arrogant, showmaking, selfloving and self upblowing type of character. How many someone has contributed for the community, or how much impact the content of a post is allowed to have, is measured from you as how many post’s the person have leaved here. Several times i can remind to read lines like …“only x post’s” or “not very much posted here” in your reactions. Argues for better visuals and ergonomics or enhanced workflows are backwarded mostly with “I have no problems!” and “for me is all superp” instead of really reflecting user suggestions under the fact that’s change is not only maked exclusively for you!!! You presume to speak for everyone. But surprise! You do not!!! And as long you acting like this i give a shit on your statements! :slight_smile:

PS. If you now angry to me and want remove your template from Themes & Stuff Discord leave a line her. I drop it then.

happy tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

General purpose, its a silly suggestion. I wouldn’t expect one to be implemented.

No going to argue with you, it’s pointless. Cheers.

1 Like

But… there is already a calculator in - through lua. Activate the Tool Developing console and calculate:

Ther’s reference to built in math functions, e.g. math.sin() etc:
https://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.6

3 Likes

No idea about any of that stuff,i can just use my computers calculator.I was just wanting one inside renoise, it’s no big deal.

A common need in bug reporting and respinding as a developer is to assess how widespread an issue is and if others can replicate it. So when aomebody says “this is broken for me” it is just as useful to say it isnt a problem on your system as it is to confirm the same.

I will mirror TNT’s response - i cant recall a single productive, insightful post about MAKING MUSIC ever from you.

@moloko What's the best way to get pads going? - oh no, look, evidence counter to your narrative that newbies get flamed for asking simple questions. This thread has been a real mask-off for a couple of people here, the entitlement is unreal.

2 Likes

Nice, you pointed out a thread where a newbie isn’t getting flamed. So what that has to do with anything? I never said that every newbie is getting trashed, I said it’s a behavior I’ve seen happening here and the fact that you pointed me to a thread where that doesn’t happen doesn’t mean it isn’t happening or has happened before, which is my point. In fact, this whole thread proves my point. People gaslighting each other, trashing others opinions, a real shit show as someone pointed out.

1 Like

Moloko, mirtazapine is essentially calling you a shithead, you just gonna take that!?!

What “details” are you referring to? And yes indeed, you already demanded a piano roll a million times. Is that the “detail” you’re talking about? I neither ignore nor deny that you explained why you would like to have a native piano roll. On the other hand, others told you several times that there’s a better use for the limited resources than a piano roll. And in fact there are a couple of piano roll tools, too. Not to mention the reason of Renoise’s existence. Nevertheless you still keep fighting, arguing, whining. Driving circles all the time, IF you show up. Don’t be surprised getting a reaction, and in fact that’s also what you literally was asking for in this particular case. But what’s your response? Silly fictious accusations and assumptions, not showing one single example, or let’s say “detail”. And btw, I never presumed to speak for everyone, it’s literally the opposite. But you ignore that just like you ignore the fact that repeating yourself for forever doesn’t increase the chance of getting a native piano roll in Renoise, whether you explain why or not. We all already explained our opinion about that at some point somewhere. If there were plans and/or simply a chance for a piano roll in Renoise, there would already have been an official statement, don’t you think? There’s simply no point to continue in that matter. And really dude, I give a shit that you “give a shit on my statements”. So no, I’m not angry about it. Of course I’ll gladly allow you to keep my template, themes and stuff on your Discord. This is not the Kindergarten, you know? This is a board made for exchange of music, informations and experiences. Everybody can use the stuff that I’ve put in here, this forum, even those who never ever actively showed up. I always gladly help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers, dude. Never take it personal if someone’s thinking differently. :+1:

1 Like

Fuckin TNT hops in the ring with a double clothesline, unbelievable stuff. Look at him there with his shades on.

Hes like the Terminator.

3 Likes

Im not sure you understand gaslighting, or what lynching or boomers are for that matter. Gaslighting refers to the victim of abuse being convinced by their abuser that the abuse isnt happening, deliberately undermining their sanity and perception of reality - a term derived from the story from a stage play. Please provide EXAMPLES of behaviour in line with the above definition of gaslighting. Ive pointed out your nonsense tendency towards hyperbole before and it seems you still have learned nothing. Entitled nonsense. Before you call me a boomer, i was born in 1984 and am therefore a true millenial.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Gettin me pumped for Moloko’s reply! :point_up:

How often i post in this forum and how much i share from my private experience in making music here is only my decission, not yours! So go away with this straw man argument.

[quote=“ToybOx]:., post:207, topic:71327, username:ToybOx”]
Hes like the Terminator.
[/quote]

Lol! Yes, like the plasticine figures one out of Celebrity Deathmatch!

:rofl:

This is sheer carnage.

1 Like

This is an Information. I have screenshoted this for my insurance. And btw. If someone here belongs to Kindergarten then are this you and your “We want no pianoroll” screamers and crybabies! :joy:

Ahhh… and now pure ad hominem! I’m very impressed dude.

Im not sure you understand gaslighting, or what lynching or boomers are for that matter. Gaslighting refers to the victim of abuse being convinced by their abuser that the abuse isnt happening, deliberately undermining their sanity and perception of reality - a term derived from the story from a stage play

The current and popular usage of this term isn’t restricted to actual abuse cases only, it’s what happens, for example, when someone starts projecting their own subjective opinion as a fact in order to justify the discrediting of other’s suggestions and even slandering towards an interlocutor, making it seem as the interlocutor is actually the one saying something absurd or even slandering them. It’s what happened in the aforementioned thread:

Calling out their suggestion as useless crap out of the blue to make OP feels like they’re actually out of place, doing something they shouldn’t be doing, that is: suggesting something absurd (which isn’t the case, it’s only a suggestion, you can find similar requests in the Reaper and Live forums, for example). Remsky actually provided useful commentary in that thread. I’ll say it again: if you don’t like a suggestion and don’t have anything insightful to add to the topic, just keep quiet.

This other type of commentary is a really passive and discrete way of discrediting others that are actually experiencing issues with Renoise, especially when made in reply to someone expressing such and seeking for help or a fix, if they’re experiencing issues with Renoise… well, maybe they’re the ones doing something wrong, innit? Not the fact that Renoise objectively has it’s own quirks (that many times aren’t even specified in the manual) that can actively hinder the user experience (like the one Noby has pointed out here: Does Renoise fully utilize the latest cpu’s? - Help, Support & Bugs - Renoise Forums)

This type of behavior really helps no one, it’s like you said… a mix of many things, including entitlement.

Before you call me a boomer, i was born in 1984 and am therefore a true millenial.”

I’m not going to call you a boomer, relax. I admit that I lost my temper when I made that commentary and I apologize for that, I’m not trying to hurt anyone here, I’m just trying to raise an issue I’ve seen happening here from time to time and that had an impact on how me and other friends interact in this place. If people feel the need to finish a suggestion or commentary asking for others not to lynch them… something is off.

1 Like

guys calm down, drink some juice and make some beats

1 Like