Renoise 1.5 Development Status

where did you readed this?

new features addition has been stopped before your request arrived.

“when it’s done”

just look at the 1.5 screens and ull see the pianoroll tab.

my numpad track on/off request was allready done some time ago by other users including me :)

mlon

They forgot to remove the button when they took the screenshots, it will not be in 1.5. Pianoroll also depends on the greater resolution which is not done yet. But they know how important pianoroll is, for some, just be patient. :)

aha thnx :)

any change you renoisers could implement the turn on off tracks with numpad feature?? would be real easy to implement i guess…
you’d make me so happy if implemented together with some other users who asked for it ! :)

mlon

has the ability to change the sample (not insturment) with the keys been added?

well that’s one way of increasing the resolution, isn’t it. :D

I noticed that there does not seam to be the possibility to move tracks left or right anymore?
Because I could not find it was an option in the cascade menyes and not in the pattern…Have you forgotten about that?

You will be able to drag / drop them …

normal settings or what?! B)

Cool :D

[QUOTE]The pattern editor and the arranger also received some major polishing. The patterneditor is now continuous , so you can see the pattern which was played before and the pattern which will be played next grayed out. [QUOTE]

Sick!!!

:lol:

The pattern editor just displays the pattterns seamless, with the previous/upcoming patterns greyed out, therefore you’d still need an arranger to decide what patterns will be played. It’s not one gigantic pattern.
;)

right - a good suggestion but high-quality time-streching needs more cpu-power - that’s normal (isn’t it!?) - and a HQtime-streching combined automated cutting of single samples of a drumloop needs an advanced sample-editor … i think that’s all possible …

Yes.

Your time perhaps, but if you think we have the resources to write a
faster timestretcher than a company like NI can manage, you really believe
too much in us :P

Doesn’t Cool Edit have time stretching?

…i think it does :huh:

Untill Renoise gets it, why not use that instead? If you have it.

Yes Dufey, Cool edit (or now called Audition) has the timestrech effect…

cough need rewire in renoise cough cough (sorry alex :D ) could link up to Sonar’s native acid timestretching engine that does it in realtime (drag and drop its my main stretcher) or cubase sx / nuendo post rendering system. Track sync control could be renoise’s to handle. Skies the limit.

There are a few vst’s that do timestretching. Intakt isnt bad. For music / fixing beats quick I use sound forge 7.0a too. Good luck.

I think there’s a formant-based pitchshifting library out there somewhere which might be able to be incorporated into Renoise, because I saw it credited in a rather dodgy VST effect that was based on it. Can’t remember the name of it though…

i think it would be a really cool feature. it probably also would really draw alot of attention to this program (i don’t think ANY trackers support this).
i can also see how it would be an extremely delicate thing to design and implement. maybe now that the source code has been restructured they’ll be able to develop stuff like that more easily.

a substitute feature would be a button that uses the FFT pitcher’s algorythm to to keep the pitch steady while the sample has it’s “Beatsync” applied to it, and have it render to the current sample slot.

this is sort of on topic:

what renoise ideas (like the pianoroll, etc…) are you working on that AREN’T going to make it into the 1.5 release?

Features like this (pitchshifting with various methods) aren’t so much difficult to
program, it’s the heavy maths that’s the problem. You can’t just sit down
and design a pitchshifter without the necressary mathematical background.
I do have a (growing) university level mathematical background, but stuff
like this is highly specialized. I wouldn’t even know where to start.