Renoise 2 Vs Sunvox

Now ready for Android!
https://market.android.com/details?id=nightradio.sunvox
:yeah:

So that’s what Android fragmentation means …

laments purchasing original original Galaxy Tab right when it came out

EDIT: Ooh, runs on SGSII haz a happeeee

buzz clone

Well imo Sunvox has the better GUI capabilities and the more advanced modular engine!

Would be great if Alex Zolotov was joining the Renoise team! :lol:

EDIT: Is Sunvox able to use AUs and VSTs?

EDIT: Damn, the gui is so sexy fast and flexible also under OSX now! Last time I checked it wasn’t 60fps… The better buzz imo. But where are the VSTs?

No VST/AU support in the current version :) Only internal modules.
External plugins support will be in future updates.

External plugins … on Android? There’s no common format for that is there? I smell in-app purchases a-comin’…

Sunvox is a nice piece of software, but I like my 3rd party stuff too much to consider it. Plus the modular format doesn’t work for me, much like it didn’t work for me in buzz.

To me it doesn’t feel proper modular, it just feels like an untidy way to run a signal chain.

I wish sunvox all the best and even bought the iphone version myself but I can’t see it becoming a major part of my arsenal unfortunately.

At least not the way it is now.

btw this thread should be renamed to just ‘Sunvox’ or something.

fair

I think of sunvox in some ways similarly to reason - it’s a self contained, closed system… at least for the moment. The utility of that can vary depending on the project … sometimes I need those pristine U-he synths and effects… sometimes the constraints of working within some fundamental building blocks can be inspiring and also make for music with a consistent aesthetic.

I love modular interfaces like sunvox’s. Sure, you’re not doing tricks with audiorate modulation, but you can definitely do more complex signal forking/bussing than you can practically do with more traditional mixer/matrix-style routing. Personally I got into maxmsp/audiomulch early on in my music life, so I think I have that mindset of signal-chain-as-instrument…

~r

wow that looks good, as an ex buzz user it really appeals to me. btw buzz is being developed again, seems a lot less buggy now but not all the machenes work http://jeskola.net/buzz/
sunvox for android too :)

i really dont know why renoise doesnt have an android port. lazyness or narrow minds i guess.

lazyness or narrow minds? Trolling much? As much as I like android and would like to see a renoise port, it would practically be an entirely new program for a market that’s barely profitable for even the most successful apps. You can’t take the current interface as-is and expect it to work on phone-sized screens with no keyboard. Porting makes more sense for sunvox because it was designed for small touch screen interfaces from the beginning.

hehe
thaught that would get someone going, didnt mean any offence by it sorry, just speaking my mind.
as for the market not being profitable, i see really bad apps selling a 7 or 8 quid a go with 50,000+ downloads.
and yes renoise ui would have to be remade for touch screens but it really isnt that hard to do.

I’m a fan of the MAX/MSP and Reaktor thing too and have made quite a few tracks using MAX/MSP only.

I think they’re great. But if I’m doing an opus that requires 40-60 tracks each with multiple DSP elements in them I need some kind of enforced order because I’m a messy programmer.

I dunno… does sunvox do rewire? I could see me using it then as an insert in whichever DAW I happen to be using. Otherwise, I may as well just use Reaktor if I’m going to create something that is pure signal chain.

That said of course, I’m coming from the position where I’ve had the money to purchase these things and sunvox is of course free so…

Like I say, I’m not being anti-sunvox here I’m just saying I can’t see myself putting the time in with it because the ideas in it don’t work for me at this point.

Composed in SunVox

Amazing SunVox tracks
jan - feb 2012

Real-time recording. Coming soon in SunVox 1.7

Very nice. Can you also do step editing by pulling sliders (akin to right clicking parameter sliders in renoise)?

I like Sunvox. Best mobile music production app for Android thus far.

I’m thinking about getting a relatively cheap android tablet to try sunvox on, but am unsure which one I should go for…which one would be best <200 euro, if there are limitations on screensize / ram amount / specs sunvox doesn’t work on.

Here’s a list of tablets I’m looking at: http://www.computerland.nl/a/zcl_02tab/01_tablets/list.aspx