Renoise 3 speculation thread

Alright, alright… i’ll release 3.0 as soon as everyone calms down.

not that I want to convince you to not visit this forum again, anyway in the backstage there is a “My account” section where you can specifiy if you want to receive Renoise newsletter. My memory doesn’t help me in telling if the newsletter always warns about beta testing anyway, by checking my inbox, I have found two newsletter mails which talk about new beta versions of Renoise 2.8, so in the end I assume that subscribing may help you into avoiding such stress

You know, the devs could have just said openly that there is a massive rewrite going on. It’s quite clear from the year-long silence, seen this happen with many different softwares before.

believe me, being italian, I know how it feels to be on the public side of the office door, and trying to understand what is going on at the other side, when all you see is a couple of officers who have been instructed not to tell anything about it, and I would hate being part of the public as much as I hate being the officer.

I personally don’t like the choice made by Renoise developers (I am just an alpha tester and a forum moderator) to not keep people updated about what is going on, and I’m not talking in specific about the current situation but more in general about what has been the habit with every new version, but of course have to accept it and keep my mouth shut.

I also reckon I could be a bit more respectful towards the public when I write about this topic. The problem is that I would like to keep you informed but I can’t, and then sometimes I just can’t resist to be a kind of jerk and write some humour line here and there, while at the same time trying to ensure you that something is going on, and there will be updates in the future.

Goddamnit, I only just got your name. ItAlien. IT… Italy!!.. shit :rolleyes:/>

taktik has shed some light now about the next Renoise release in this thread, so you can now relax and use Renoise 2.8 :)

:lol: nice one, I’ll buy it soon no matter if it come out or not. I had just the undefined feeling that it can come out the very next days. Thanks for good vibes. :D

Ofcourse there is a secret section on the forum.
But, that’s why some of us are posting like crazy… to cloak the figures…
I doubt you want to check every post i have made.

I’ve been following this thread for months while I’ve been in school. It’s been entertaining watching this thread expand to 17 pages over the past few months. I can’t deny my anxiousness in experimenting with a new Renoise. I’m as eager as anyone. Earlier this year Ableton Live 9 was released. I can’t deny that it looks fucking awesome. I found myself going, oh I wish I had that feature. And I wish I had this feature. I waited eagerly for news of what’s to come in Renoises future. What’s the focus going to be? Where can they go from here? What at the end of the is truly missing from the unique gem of a DAW? I know what I wish I was there, but alas I can’t speak for everyone. For me, what I’d really like to see are two things:

1. A better implemented way of dealing with audio from a non-sampling point of view (if that makes any sense). At the end of the day, I’m a bass player before I am anything else. I love electronic music and I love the tracker method of dealing with things. It’s unique and it’s just damn fun. But alas, I still feel the need to rewire Renoise into REAPER just so I can deal with my audio tracks. This is something I’d rather not do. It would be nice to use Renoise and Renoise alone.

2. Some sort of native live functionality. There’s nothing that I would want to see less then to see Renoise become an Ableton clone. However, at the end of the day, Renoise is used for the most part, for electronic/dance music. While Renoise does have tools for live use, such as Duplex (which is fantastic by the way), I still think native is better. I often personally find myself getting confused when working with Duplex.

This just my own preferences and features that I’ve found in my time using Renoise that I wish I had. A piano roll would be nice but it isn’t my number #1 needed feature.

I gonna buy renoise at my next salary, or if i get sth that should be already on my bank but somehow is not than i buy it immidiately -however, pls don’t execute me but I take the opportunaty after the last post and tell also something similar even that I am not a registered user at this moment. It would be nice to see a native renoise multiband compressor someday (something like multipressor would be killer… with multiband expander for decent masterings), with decent algorithms , the renoise plug ins are very good …another dream is to be able to automate the start and end loopmarkers …and I dont know it might is even possible with 2.8 :slight_smile: ok Im out untill Im registered hehe all other is great, wish it is still that light on cpu after the update. One love. Respects and Cheers

Hi, its already possible to create really wicked multi-band comp setups, and do mastering. IMHO, this setup in Renoise easily destroys a lot of the existing vst multi-band compressors that are more, “plug and play.”

Maybe if you view the screen cast I put in this thread? irrc it gives an example of what I see using the Renoise m-send…

I really should write this all out in the tips n tricks. I’ll get to it

Cheers

edit = 4got link

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/36074-so-your-work-in-progress/page__p__280295__hl__%2Byour+%2Bwork+%2Bin+%2Bprogress__fromsearch__1#entry280295

I waited about 7 years for a Buzz update to come, let’s see I can wait 3-6 months for a new Renoise update. :rolleyes: :wacko:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :panic: (T_T)

maybe: revalve 3

Why can’t we have a completely broken 2.9? We’d have endless fun complaining! sobs

My speculation- new version is gonna have a piano roll cause taktik had his hand in dblue glitch 2 and its interface pretty much is a piano roll. And conner seems to be pissed off lately, so thats also sign of a piano roll. Right?

I do not think they made a piano roll. My guess is that the software has been brought up to date with changing technology; ie piano probably was too low on the list to implement (we can hope) and Renoise is still a tracker.

I would not be surprised, if the software now worked on various tablets and what not. but I would totally be surprised if version 3 came with a roll.

I want to immigrate to Jamaica, would you l… Oh,. Sorry, was posting on another forum.

Yeah, I’m afraid Renoise adopted the ‘pad’ mentality and 3.0 probably makes a side step from micro-editing toward some, er, finger-friendly features or whatever. (Meself, I am not using pads, so may be erroneous about the whole thing.)

IPad? No… Renoise is not on that, at least not that I can guess. The entire software would need to work on ios… What I was saying was more akin to, 3 might work ok on win tabs due to some GUI rewrite work, and possibly run on chips other then Intel… I’m also betting that way may have been done, so the software could eventually be deployed? I dunno… I’m just speculating like anybody else…

iPad? Highly doubt it…

…so, 3.0 gets released, shitty features, big disappointment for everyone, and everyone goes back to whatever the fuck they were doing before, like strumming chords on an acoustic guitar or some shit like that, right?