Renoise 3 speculation thread

Again the last post is from yesterday. What is happening? Is everybody enjoying Renoise 3.oh and I am the only one not knowing about the release? Have the developers implemented a filter in the backstage just for me to show the old page?

You didn’t get the mail? There’s an ‘agree’ button at the bottom of backstage page. Some disclaimer about the beta being so early that it might break something bla bla.

So.

Everybody check the backstage!

.___.

“And once again he falls for the same old trick. ‘Check the backstage’ they said and checking he did. But all he could find were a bunch of old binaries long archived on his personal hard drive.”

Is the backstage Kafkas door before the law?

Well, 2.8.2 is a minor update done a couple of weeks back with a slew of bugfixes, the official archive i would expect you to have is 2.8.1

I’m still 09xx’ing sometimes… :(

Great, maybe they’ll finally get rid of that damned “pattern editor”.

Amen! Nobody uses that crap anyway… It’s just a bunch of numbers. Finally on ipad, users will be able to embrace the intuitive GUI revamp:

I think that’s all you need, right?

Too much passions going around Renoise v. 3, maybe some suicides coming soon :o/>. Can me ask one question: folks, why you need version 3, you can’t make music with actual version?
If your can’t, try collect mp3 players - that is more easy and funny.

Relax, people won’t commit suicide just because the Renoise 3.0 beta is still under development. And if somebody would actually do that, such a person would be so deeply disturbed anyway that virtually anything could trigger such action (the fridge was empty, the girl in the grocery story counter didn’t smile when he flirted with her, it’s snowing outside, etc).

But I’ve noted that a few Renoise users do seem to be quite immature, but maybe that’s because they actually are 14 year old or something. I don’t really know.

However, I think there’s a clear division line between the older guys who were born in the 1970’s and 80’s, who grew up using trackers and seeing them evolve over time. Guys from that generation are generally more “do it yourself” oriented kind of people. I was born in the mid-70’s and most of my friends were also born in that decade. Today, as adults, we simply don’t expect anybody else to provide things for us, be it the government or some software company - especially not such a small software company as Renoise. The developers are simply doing their thing as good as they can, but the point is: they don’t owe us anything. We’re not entitled to a Renoise 3.0 beta copy.

So again, please just relax and enjoy making music with Renoise 2.8.2. Make a quality speculation in this thread when you’re in a good mood, but let’s not put any pressure or blame on the developers. They’re doing a fantastic job and we should all be happy about the situation here - which is that Renoise 3.0 is being coded, worked on, developed. It’s not voodoo magic, it’s hard work.

Take that millennials!

I reserve the right to throw a tantrum. Just because I’m 33 doesn’t mean I’m out of practice, right?

You’re too much of a pacifist to throw a tantrum :P

Well, that should easily be explained. Being a kid in the 80’s myself, I would hate to look up the decade where I came of age in Wikipedia, and see the following:

Link: WIkipedia

hahahaha NAUGHTIES

Pure speculation!

new year is getting closer and closer… PLEASE made our Xmass to Renoise MASSIVE :D

Oops

Considering the rythm of previous releases, plus some random parameters and the way some camemberts are produced…

IF { Renoise 2.9 beta 1 should have been released IN 05/2013
THEN { Renoise 3.0 beta 1 should be released in winter … FOR
xmass : 2014 !
}
}

Age 51 I won’t risk a heart attack by throwing a tantrum - I think for me it’s more appropriate to fart.

On topic: R3 will come with odour tracking.