Renoise 3 speculation thread

Of course I have no information rights whatever, but lately I really feel more and more pissed off. People, it’s one more week before Christmas. At least some (!) info would be nice.
And according to this thread I’m not the only one who wonders why there’s generally not more information, news whatever about current development status etc… Look at the Renoise home page, one could think Renoise is dead. And that’s what I mean with “not listening to users”. People just want more information. Even Bitwig Studio releases news from time to time.

And regarding community can participate: I think that was mainly a thing during the early years of Renoise. In the meanwhile it’s an inner circle which is allowed to enter the holy chambers. But that’s understandable: too much people and ideas just don’t work. Though, I would like to see some more user surveys like those some years ago.

If it makes the software better, I’ll gladly wait some extra months for a release. I have full confidence that the Renoise team will make every new version a little better than the previous. That’s the only thing that mattered to me when I bought my license.

What kind of info are you looking for then?

E.g.:

• will we have to wait another three, six or twelve months, or shall I save some Christmas money right now (need to pay for the new version).
  • or: yes, WAV tracks/clips + direct from disk streaming will definitely be supported, because if that’s not the case I probably will switch to Bitwig.
  • or: some info for me as tool developer: will there be changes to the LUA interface x,y,z etc… ?
  • or: will there be multi monitor support and maybe an improved audio mixer ? Because that’s another reason for me to switch to e.g. Bitwig.
  • etc…

BTW @Joule: I don’t see the point why publishing these information would make the software worse or hinder the devs from working effectively.

I can certainly relate to your curiousity level, and personally I find it odd that the alpha testers are so silent as well. In the past, they’ve at least dropped comments indicating that the upcoming stuff is worth waiting for, etc. Some well placed blinking smileys here and there. Today there seems to be something else going on behind the curtains, and probably that’s part of the reason why this speculation thread is slowly approaching a thousand posts.

I’ve noticed that Christmas stresses people out and sometimes causes anger.

Well I think that us alpha testers have been even more present than we should on this thread, since our commitment is to keep silent about new releases.

This commitment often poses us in some embarrassing situations in which we would really like to enlighten an user who is, for example, ranting about something currently missing in Renoise that we already know it has been added to the new release.
Often we simply end behaving stupidly by making fun out of the poor user.

I for first must sincerely apologise for being an asshole at times in such situations, but as I already explained, this is mostly caused by the will to tell something i can’t tell.

Time will come and everything will be revealed. How wise do my words sound?

Yay. A community effort!

PS: I’m with Airmann. Somehow Renoise gets a free pass sucking at predicting deadlines and being terrible at communication. It’s OK though because the volunteers aren’t paid so wasting everyone’s time is free.

Alight, that’s my only Christmas bile for the season. Back to jokes! Who farted?

DREADED EDIT SIG

This is the biggest Renoise burden. So kudos to It-Alien IMHO.

Before joining the team you must swear an oath never to talk about releases. Literally, never tell anyone anything or you get kicked out.

This is the actual communication policy of Renoise since it’s inception. Some years the policy bent one way, other years it bent the other way.

10 months of no homepage updates is a new era, indeed…

Good times.

Wait, I mean who farted?

Sorry, gotta hide my last two posts with a joke. I don’t really care about this stuff anymore. Still, it bugs me to have people think everyone agrees that everything is peachy and that people don’t butt heads every once in a while in our community.

Morals

Lesson Number One:

A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day.

A small rabbit saw the crow, and asked him, ‘Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?

The crow answered: “Sure, why not.”

So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story is: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson Number Two:

A turkey was chatting with a bull.

“I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree,” sighed the turkey, “but I haven’t got the energy.”

“Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?” replied the bull.

“They’re packed with nutrients.”

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it actually gave him enough strength to reach the first branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fortnight, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree.

Soon he was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there.

Lesson Number Three:

A little bird was flying south for the winter.

It was so cold, the bird froze and fell to the ground in a large field.

While it was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on it.

As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, it began to realize how warm it was.

The dung was actually thawing him out!

He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate.

Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him!

The morals of this story are:

1. Not everyone who drops shit on you is your enemy.
  2. Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
  3. And when you’re in deep shit, keep your mouth shut.

lol.

I’d say from November to March, give or take a couple of months,
depending on where one is located, is probably that transitory time of the year
that should not be underestimated.

Penis size comparison is at an all time high. When and where to bust a handful of semen
seems to cause performance concerns as well (This is an economic joke).

Joking aside, I went to my friend’s wake and a year later, his mother’s wake
around this time of the year. I don’t know if the statistics still hold true, but the
hospital and cemetery business is booming around this time.

I remember, not too far away, a family was killed on their way to visit family.
The culprit… a heavy tree branch, possibly weakened by the cold and added frozen water weight,
that snapped and smashed the vehicle they were driving in.

Rat Descending an Endless Staircase

The Last Samurai - Bushido Scene - Excellent Quality

It’s hot here, and that can be bothersome sometimes too.

Connor makes a good point, and that point has been made in a few ways throughout this thread. Yet I don’t see things changing and I imagine they won’t given the Devs have held out this long. It’s not worth the anger or upset, especially at this time of year. It’s just utterly practical to get on with other concerns where the seriousness is merited. In the meantime all we can do is have a joke and encourage some goodwill.

It’s a great big internet and full of interesting distraction if that’s what you want.

It’s a great big world out there, ready to be discovered if you’re open to it.

It Renoise is blocking you somehow then you may need to be open to a workaround, and with wonderful options such as ReReRe Rewiring Renoise and Reaper together (which has solved 99 of my problems) why not put your ingenuity to use and come up with an open minded solution?

Yep, mucho credit has been build up, but past results do not guarantee future performance ;-). From the absence of homepage / news updates it Looks like the main focus hasn’t been on Renoise the past year?

Much respect to the Alpha-males for keeping to the blood oath, especially Hitori when he was in the Netherlands. No matter the pressure, how much weed or alcohol we put in him, he never budged or shared any information (though physically sweating from the interrogation attempt lol).

Yeps sorry Piranhatron, you were the only one who actually did not fit anywhere in the profile of an alpha user:
-Being able to provide unlimited access to unlimited supplies of free beer
-Free life-time supply of pizza hut and starbucks food-warez
-Endless supplies of female human specimen in all desirable variations without the negative fuzz and nagging.
-Free life-time supplies of gadgets and computer hardware.

Nobody said renoise will be released during christmass time , it’s not because 2.8 was released around that time , that future versions will too .
It’s obvious that 3.0 will be a big game changer , it’s just the silence before the storm …eventually it will come out sooner or later .

Not sure if trolling. :huh:

Sit back and relax, Renoise 3.0 is coming.