Renoise completely without mouse

Can you drop links to them, please?

1 Like

The first couple of videos in Groovin in G’s Renoise playlist. This is an incredible channel regardless; clear explanations, fun edits and charisma. Recommend it if you haven’t stumbled upon it yet

4 Likes

Yeah,yeah he is a blast, of course i’m subscribed.

1 Like

Clear all the keybinds and take your time and set everything from scratch. A few tools here and there because they are out there.

I practically NEVER use the mouse

3 Likes

I’m already learnt default keys, with some minor remaping. Scavenging web for more information.

1 Like

I’m just a megalomaniac when it comes to personal customization lol

Here are a few tools that I use:

:point_up:t6: This one is a God send

:point_up:t6: Personally requested this one.

:point_up:t6: Haven’t explored this one completely but I use to load FX without having to search for them everytime via keybind

:point_up:t6:Can load plugin from a menu but can also keybind any plugin you want to auto load it

4 Likes

Yeah just look for the grooving in g videos where he goes over the essential hot keys, very good stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for provided links!
Value Stepper is known to me, but as for Paketti… it looks like it is not compatible with latest version of Renoise.

2 Likes

already 've done it :sunny: )

I’ve seen my value stepper tool mentioned here already but I’d add that the motivation behind most of my other tools is to help a keyboard-only workflow as well (most notably “command_palette”) You can read about all of them in one place in my manual.

3 Likes

Thanks for neat link, need to observe it in detail!

UPD. Man, this is awesome reminds me VIM editor.
But in command palette i already run into two crashes, trying to deselect selection and jumping to specified sample number. i’m on v3.4.3.

Thanks for reporting @spacedrone808, command palette 2.0 was a major rework and it definitely is still a bit rough around the edges. However, the errors you mentioned should be fixed now.

Any further feedback is well appreciated as I don’t have as much time to test it myself as I’d like.

Thanks!

1 Like

Renoise team should definitely include your stuff in stock version of software.

3 Likes

i think i have a version of paketti floating around that is compatible with the latest version of Renoise.

1 Like

I am curious about this question:

I have heard that in many tracker communities about a mouse free workflow, but as far as I remembered, even trackers in Amiga also supports mouse.

Since my workflow for trackers is a mixture of mouse, typing and midi keyboard, I wanna know why would anyone want to have a keyboard only workflow?

Speed/efficiency and wrist/hand ergonomics, I’d reckon

2 Likes

This sounds makes sense at first, but as a developer who have used eclipse before, I have a doubt if full keyboard workflow really more ergonomic than a mouse, for a couple of reasons:

1. To avoid conflict of the key strokes, sometime you need to assign things like ctrl + alt + y to do a specific function, which stress your hand into a weird position.
  2. For navigation, instead of a point and click, you have to rapidly typing the arrow keys to select a specific cell, which also hurts your finger in a long run.
  3. ergonomic Mouses do exist, and I would definitely invest one of I worry about the postures.

I am not someone who use keyboard only workflow; tell me more about how you guys use this kind of workflow for better efficiency. I don’t want simple answer without explaining like “less switching over devices.” or “read the docs to see how shortcut works.” which are vague, and I want to see your experience and why you ended up ditching mouse, to convince me doing that.

1 Like

Consider this:

Track Point Keyboard

4 Likes

Nice one, but i’m completely addicted to mechanical keyboard, so that is why it is not an option for me.

1 Like

What are you using?