Renoise Formant Filter

:D First there will be another update of the formant filter, with a more optimized handling of the Hydras, automatable variance of the formants, vowel related optimization of the filter resonance, some frequency corrections, even more vowels and stuff like that.

But a vocoder is a nice idea, indeed. And I’ve seen someone already did an impressive attempt on that.

I seriously fell down when I saw this.

Blown away by the quality of your use of native plug-ins

Good job BA

Whatthehell, dude? Never saw such a complex setup. You should apply for “Deutschland sucht den Frickelkönig” ;)

PS I love your dubtechno chords. I’m having serious fun with it atm!

Heya I’d love to try this out and see what it’s all about but the link is down.

Anyone got a copy they can share?

yeh, tried adding a ‘N’ while the link writes format instead of formant, but no luck.

You might want to fool around with this one:
http://www.renoise.c…299#entry261299

ewps, the link is no longer accessible.
Guess we have to ask kicko to reshare somewhere else?

• 1 for the Hydra formant monster… i’d really like to try it

I hope BA is OK with this. He did allow me to put one of his others up before (think the 303 one) but I did ask in advance as he had recently removed them. Anyway…

http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/Stuff/RenoiseFormatFilterv1.0.rar

Also saw this one with the name formant in it while searching:
http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/Stuff/basicformant.xrns

Wow! this is so great

Thank you!

I’m fine with this, which also goes for any other file. :) I just deleted the whole subdomain where the files were hosted. That’s why the links don’t work anymore.

These are so good Mr bit arts. All your work for native device chains should be bundled in the upcoming 2.8 set of device chains.

+1

well, would you mind that Bit Arts ?

also your .xrns songs - all your stuff is so excellent that it should be included in the official Help > Tutorial and Demo Songs

i’d expect the renoise team to think the same

Well, a few people already suggested this back then. None ever asked me about it. So I guess the dev team doesn’t see any benefit in this and it’s not really a point. :)

dev team! sort it out. this stuff is gold ffs!

thanks bitarts. i still come back to your dub techno song file again and again.

Are the other ones people are mentioning here available somewhere? This one is all I can find and would really like to have a look at them…

Yeah filesonic are chickening out of filesharing now aswell. Where is good to post things like this. I need to get a decent service for my legitimate sharing.
I was thinking I might rework Bit-Arts implementation and route it into the filter delay so it could be saveable as a dsp chain.
Or… someone else could do it for me/all of us ; incredibly busy atm.

Maybe I’m just too dumb, but I can’t get any vowel sounds.
Tried to follow the chain and changed a slider here and there…
Could anybody please explain a not so beginning beginner how to use this?

Ok - now it works. And it works great! Congrats!!!

Somehow I downloaded a different version…

Wow.

This Bit_Arts guys really knows what he is doing!

For a long time I have been thinking that Renoise is capable of stuff like this, but didn’t have the technical background to put it into action.

Well done and please continue to grace us with your work.

Made this using some of Bit_Arts stuff.

Played it all in live, using 3 instances of Renoise in Linux; 2 for the sound and one final one to record what I was doing.

I know it might sound shit to some of you, but jamming like this I get such a wonderful sense of freedom, you have no idea!

Anyway, I was just messing about but really love the sound of the PWM stuff Bit_Arts came up with in Renoise. Renoise is now a massively powerful synth, with no need for plugins!!