Renoise Knock-Out 3 Hour Tournament - Round 1 - Results

Yea i got through :D Was unfair competition though if Mane really made his first renoise thing for this compo :)
Listening back to my own track, i have to agree with Suva, mine hardly had any variation and didn’t improve much since i was 20-30 mins in :P
Getting ready for maybe commenting, there were some sounds i loved in this round… mainly i’ll ask people, hey how did you come up with that sound? :D
Plus, i’ll be sending in a candidate sample pack to OIO for next round. But the deadline for the Bomb Squad Remix comes first for me now hehe.

being the one that has whined about the tracking time limit from the very beginning g, i’d really love to see suva’s suggestion to be accepted.
the more time for tracking, the higher the probability of having quality entries.
don’t you think so?

compared to other compos like SDC for example, there is enough pressure by solely having just one week for tracking (as opposed to one month), if you ask me.

I, for one, am more than happy that there is a 3-hour curfew. If I had one month to make a song I’d probably, like always, goof off after a while and get nothing done. This way I have to force myself to actually produce something. Since, tbh, I’d never be able to make a 5-min song even if I had a year to make it.

I think 3 hours are just fine. That’s actually the deal-making-reason that made me I participate in this little shindig.

i agree about the possibility of improved quality, however, i have to agree with Robbie S here as well in that i signed up for this because of the challengingly short time. i join the DDRC compos every other round so i’m used to having a week for tracking, and even then i just use the weekend because i have to go to work and want to spend time with my wife and dogs as well. so as long as we’re not going for something like a full day i’m okay with increasing the tracking times. in that respect i like suva’s suggestion of increasing upon advancing in rounds the best. it will add an extra edge to the challenge i think.

edit: thinking about it, i wouldn’t mind having a full day either, i could just impose my own time-limit.
once again, i am of no use in the decision-making process!

I’m for the 3-hour limit.

I work better under that kind of pressure, pushes me into just making decisions instead of fooling around for ages :P

Alright, since there seems to be some dispute about the time limit, and I personally have no more vested interest in the time limit since I was already knocked out, we will settle this democratically: Round 2 thread with poll

Just set up a nicer looking brackets than that crappy spreadsheet…

wow. i’m glad this didn’t start out as USA vs. Europe. EU domination.

hey, a Dutch vs Dutch round!

td6d, ik maak je kapot! :D

Indeed :)

My hypothesis is that when babies are born in Europe, they are automatically given +10 tracking ability…
The only thing babies are given here in America is +10 excessive consumption & narcissism skills.

chunter is the lone US’er in round 2. chunter, do you think you can tie keith again??? :)

Nowai ^_^ Somehow I managed to get ahead of my honored competitor, lapubell. Well, I can just shake your hand, you have a very good track, I have a passion for such pieces, actually. This time I strayed into a totally unknown territory with the style for my own track, I might add.

Now 2nd round - me vs Chotoro? You must be kidding. I’m totally doomed. Totally :lol:.
I’m being honored.

to be completely honest, when I submitted my track i was thinking to myself, “Sweet! This track is actually pretty rad and it only took me 3 hours! Here I come round 2!”

then when the tracks got posted, I jumped straight to my competitor, you. After the first listen, I switched to thinking “Oh no! My competitor has something super good too! This is gonna be close!”

then when people started talking you up in this thread, i was fully prepared to concede defeat. very nicely done sir.

Äh, det e lugnt… det hela bygger ju på subjektivitet och din låt föll flest i smaken. Bra.
Men titta på de som vann stort… bra stabila grundideér och hålla sig till temat är nog ett bra tips. gör din grej bara.

//Andy

Ah secret Swedish tip giving and patting on backs, and fear for evah. Thank you google translate :D

Damn Google! Secrecy is no more… <_<
(Ah. well, I thought as much… a few years back there were complaints in the forum if you reverted to your native language. that’s not a problem anymore!)

Ni ddylai byth fod, ni Brits yn llawer rhy ddiog!

;)

Šķiet, ka še es vienīgais pārstāvu valodu, kuras teksti, izlaisti caur Google Translate, kļūst kā samalti gaļasmašīnā. ^_^

maar… laten we anders gewoon nederlands praten, als we toch bezig zijn

Do you actually speak Welsh?

Also:

“Just a random language and translate back and start advertising it to see exactly how could it can go!”

Maybe we should start a multilingual thread in the offtopic area so we can snicker at things because they’re said in our own language.