Renoise Knock-Out Tournament Registration And Planning Thread. July

That’s one way of doing it. Anyone else have suggestions?

so all euro slots are taken, right? if not, i’d be in for the fun.
-> keith303 (GER)

If you have free slots then I am in too: Suva (EST)

Hey hey, I can’t turn you guys away :walkman: Plus Keith, since you already won, if you don’t enter I think it would create some kind of paradox/rip in the fabric of spacetime… And we don’t want that happening. :unsure:

See proposed solution below:

You may be right about this… We’re now outnumbered by Europeans by almost 2 to 1, but I don’t want to turn anyone away yet at this point. So I may just redo the bracketing and get rid of the leagues and just have us all compete against each other randomly from the beginning

Either way, there is quite many people interested already and keith303 is in, so should we just start off with the matches?

Ahh… with Keith303 and Suva participating in the game I can relax and make a crap song since Europe is sure to win now. moahahaha

No offence to the rest of the crew. You’re pretty goddamn awesome too!

In fact, if there are too many Europeans then you can scratch my name without any form of guilt.

Let’s wait till July as originally planned. That way this compo will not interfere with the K303 remix compo.

P.S. Keith, I’m glad to see you are making some new songs :) :) :)

Thanks for not interfering with the space-time continuum, IO. I guess you just saved a lot of people’s asses ;)

But seriously, you guys are putting a lot of pressure on my poor conscience with all the praise in advance.
I’m pretty sure there is a decent amount of guys here, that are able to enter some C-4’s into Renoise, too. :>

And besides that, two hours of allowed tracking are terribly short. Don’t take this as a complaint, i just wanna point out that i’m definately belonging to the slow-ass kind of renoiser that tendes to tinker and play around with a single pattern for a long, (very) long time before actually starting an arrangement or the actual “song”.

@Robbie S

Please don’t. The more the merrier! - no matter where you’re from.
Maybe we can work-around the unbalance by incorporating some kind of “multiplier” into the results of the league’s participants that represent the minority.
Just a thought, if it’s not that we gotta find another solution!

I might be mistaken, but i have the impression that there won’t be too many submissions for that compo anyway as it seems.

Call it EU VS The World, then you’re rid of me on your team :P

Not sure about the 2h rule either. Specially counting the fact that it’s impossible to prove and actually puts honest people in unfair situation.

I would just give everyone a week to track. If person fails to deliver the track in one week then he loses the round. If both fail to deliver both are knocked out and the winner of siding round skips the next match.

Well, if ya’ll feel that a noob can participate, then I’m all in. However, I KNOW that I’m lightyears away from most of the names on the list. But I’m up for the challenge.

I support this idea as well. Y’all know that Im all for limited tracker challenges may it be imposed time limit or anything else but the above solves the honesty issue/problem beautifully (just turning a bleary eye on my own conscience tells me that Im prone to stretching such rules and would probably track more than 2 hours if given the chance… sorry.) and to use some kind of video capture to prove the time usage seems just messy. The above is just simple and easy.

/Andy

Since we got more than 8 euros in there already, i wanna sign up as well

E.H.V.A.H. (NED)

I’m not so sure about this guys… I really like the idea of a time limitation, to make everybody on “equal playing ground” so to speak.

In part because I myself will not have a lot of time to track… So if I have only 2 hours to work on it, and you spend 10 hours… We’re not comparing apples to apples. Which normally is fine with me in other compos (SDC for example), but the whole point of this one was to have the time limitation :)

I would consider raising the time limit however… What about a 3 or 4 hour limit? How does everyone feel about this?

got room for one more non-euro competitor?

lapubell (USA)

i think 4 hours gives us a bit more breathing room. that way we have about 3.5 hours of making something awesome, then the last little bit of polish to mix it and make it sound better overall. also, that gives you a chance to step away from it, get a breath of fresh air and come back in with a fresh perspective. either way, I think this sounds fun and want to challenge myself to not be so OCD with my mixing and just go for it. :)

Heck yeah! Welcome aboard. American trackers are coming out of the woodwork now :)

That sounds reasonable. I just added a poll about the time limit. Everybody go vote and we’ll go with the majority. I just voted 3 hours myself… I think that provides a good balance between “rushing the hell out of it” and “wasting too much time tweaking settings

Edit: I just put up a test survey on KwikSurveys (Surveymonkey had a limit of only 10 questions for free accounts).

Here is the link: Voting test survey

Check it out if you want and suggest improvements or changes.

As far as cheating protection:
Should I have it only allow each IP to vote once?
or should I send out email invites?
or require name/email of each person that fills out the survey? (this seems reasonable)

Hey I/O!
It’s your baby, man! if you want to go for a 2 hour, 3 hour or whatever imposed limit Im all for it. If Im not fine with it I won’t participate. That’s how these things should work, I think. You’re the Officer in command and need to make the final calls but it’s always good to listen in on the troops (A thing I know you do well) so that’s why I vented my opinion. If other people feel the same you will know and can decide accordingly.
I will vote for 4 hours, btw! :wink:

later,

//Andy

By The Way,

There should be a way… using scripting or by dev implementation…

To Have a “Start Tracking Button” and “Stop Tracking Button” within renoise that records
your project data (major edits like Track name, Project name…), used tracking time and saves this
on an external independent server where anyone can check up on it using the project identifier or said Track name.

Do you see what Im getting at?

//Andy

would be a good one for a script indeed. someone up for this?