Show Me Your Home Studios

I may have posted this before, but what the heck:
Galloway Street Studios here: http://m.thequietrevolution.net/blog/index…y_street_studio

What a friendly looking dog …what’s his/her name ?

Maxwell, or Max, is his name. He’s currently my manager.

i think of Renoise as my 2nd studio, otherwise i’m sequencing on the W-30

And the cat? Your mastering engineer, perhaps?

The picture is too blurry, but if I’m not mistaken at least one of the synths seem to be a Roland Juno 106.

blurry camera phone pic!

yeah, it’s a mackie 24-8… had it for years and years… wasn’t actually using it much until recently - just rediscovered how useful the EQ and pre-amp gains are… gives you the ability to trash sounds quite a bit but still keep things balanced and clean… not most engineers’ favourite, but great for electronic music, where the rules are all pretty much inverted

juno 106 on top; then a Nord Lead 1 rack (most useful all-rounder synth i own); then Roland W-30, used mainly for sequencing (maybe my favourite piece of gear); in the rack i’ve got a JD990 (king of pads - 7 stages of effects - there’s just nothing like it,) and an Eventide Harmonizer (i used to work in a recording studio and kept hold of it… actually find cheaper fx units generally much more appropriate for dance music… thinking about selling it… it’s sort of like a very expensive swiss-army knife)

pro one and mc202 out of shot too

akai s5000 centre of studio again now… actually been gathering dust for years, almost sold it a number of times, but i’m so glad i’ve got it up and running again… as with emus, there’s definetly something special about the sound… a clarity and definition you get from it in busy mixes which is almost unexplainable

Gus. Roadie.

My setup:

I know its not much but it works! :D

my humble homesetup :slight_smile:

My studio
Actually, I use only one computer.

@td6d
does your computer keyboard feature self-illuminated keys or is that just a reflection of some blue LED around?
(btw. am i the only one who thinks that blue LEDs are totally overhyped nowadays? i got blue lights on my nearfields, blue on my router, blue on my firewire hdd’s, blue on my mixer, blue on my comp, aaaaaargh!~~ it somehow looks so cheap)

Yes it’s backlit :)
Ive got:
the powerbutton of my computer
powerbutton of my screen
powerbutton of my speakers
m-audio midiboard
mouse
keyboard…
…all blue lights
…all by coincidence :)

Damn dude, I would love to see how you play live, I’ve got no idea how that works and the fact that you have the same midiboard as I makes it even more interesting :D
France is a loong drive tho’ :P

This is my new setup. Phear the Ensoniq ESQ`1

unfortunately this is 13 000 kms away from me now, and havent seen it for 6 months

thats a really nice set-up

whats the midi-keyborad/synth thing you got??

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_n…p;category_id=1

That looks incredible dufey! So tight :dribble:

Anyway, here’s my new minimalistic setup.

Just got a laptop for my upcoming study. Unfortunatly, I don’t know how to fit my Juno-106 or a midi keyboard in there now!

i got a better picture of my setup now its moved around a bit - got some other stuff still packed up but its my office by day so cant really justify having it all out all the time…