Some news about the upcoming Renoise release

edit

you cannot imagine. you don’t like.

however, pair a bluetooth keyboard with the tablet and suddenly the touchscreen makes sense for other controls.

Should I be ignoring the comments you’re repeatedly making about me?

Using such a small screen makes very little sense to me. My 13" is just enough.

Truth of the matter is, that we will need an ARM version at some point. No doubt.

@esaruoho and @MrPopinjay:

I don’t know if you guys have some kind of personal feud outside the forum, perhaps on the IRC channel or somewhere else. Quite frankly, I don’t care. Please just stop all this pointless bickering now. Stop provoking and trolling each other before we start handing out warnings for this stupid behaviour. You’re quickly dragging this thread into the dirt.

sounds sensible. done.

I don’t have a personal feud. I have no idea who this guy is or why he’s decided to act this way towards me. I’ve tried to be polite. I’m sorry if I’ve made the situation worse but I don’t take kindly to being verbally attacked without provocation and cannot help but ask why he feels the need to be rude to me.

No-one is better or worse than the other here. You both could have easily ignored each other. Let’s just move on from the situation now, please. Thank you for understanding.

hay dblu did u made renosie 3 yet pls

Put this in your Renoise store

:lol:/>

Again, I’m sorry. I never meant this to happen. I didn’t call any names.

It’s just a storm in a glass of water :D
Drink it and you will feel better. :panic:

:lol:/> me also thought there were 2 pages of exited users hyperventilating about screenshots.

I don’t like touchscreens either. I don’t think there’s anything in particular that makes trackers especially bad for touchscreens. It’s not like a piano roll based daw would be any easier to operate, imo it would be harder.

That being said, there’s probably some cool things you could do with a touchpad as an extension of renoise on a computer, like sunvox’s theramin control (which is sick as shit, so awesome).

“roll” is the right word, we got “arnrolled” :D

Well with a piano roll you click on a spot that represents a pitch and time, while with a tracker you can click on the spot that represents a time and a channel, but you’d need to select a pitch by hitting a specific button. You effectively get one button with a touch screen, so I imagine it would be trickier to do this. You’d need a clever gesture or something?

the interface could have a miniature keyboard showing at all times that you track with.

With a piano roll, you can click and drag to set the notes and their timing, which works with a touch screen. With trackers, you can click and drag to set note timing, but no one uses trackers this way normally. Trackers are keyboard driven, which is obviously not geared towards touch screens, which do not have good keyboards.

You can already extended renoise with a touch screen using touch osc or various other midi control apps. The renoise developers should spend not a modicum of time with mobile devices.

Where is your Christmas spirit?!

Well, “mov ax,0b800h” was the way I remember writing it back in the early 90’s, when I was like 14 and coding gaurand shaded vector cubes and went to demo parties… I was using Borland’s Turbo Assembler, and most of my asm stuff was written as snippets inside of Turbo Pascal code. If my memory serves me right, a hexadecimal number had to start that way in order not to confuse it with a label’s name.

Anyway… A few years later it was all girls… and then I went into non-programming academic world, so that’s why I wrote “Ah, those were the days”. I still remember assembler as the language that made total sense to me… Lua on the other hand is a complete nightmare to me for some reason.