Tempo increase/decrease by X

I’m wondering if this is possible in renoise…

In Impulse/Schism Tracker, i have a piano song which at the end of certain patterns, there’s a slight slowdown by decreasing the tempo relative to its normal value, then increasing it again - for example, decrease by 1 three times near the end, then +3 on the last row. How would i do this in renoise, without putting fixed BPM commands all over the place? From the docs it doesn’t seem like this is possible :(/>

Also, a “pattern delay for X ticks” command (which could achieve the same result) seems to be lacking… :confused:

This little fx button right here, will give you all your pattern commands, the tempo by x is in the submenu global…

Edit +

Btw, I read your post again, and I noticed something about, “fixed bpm.” Not sure what you mean by that, as any increase or decrease by tempo, would seem to relate to bpm… I think…

So I just wanted to say, “I hope this helps.”

As far as I know you can’t do relative BPM commands in Renoise.

There is definitely a global Delay command, though: ZDxx
Delays by xx lines I believe.

That’s what it says, but doesn’t it actually delay by xx ticks?

Seeing that there’s 2 digits (and therefore a range of 0-255 ticks) this would make much more sense. Still, i personally think the best thing would be a separate command for both delay-n-rows and delay-n-ticks.

For relative tempo changes: In impulse tracker, the tempo change command also has a lower limit of 0x20 (32), while T0x decreases by x and T1x increases by x. Imho this is the most optimal and useful setup.

If this and the sharp / flat thing are fixed, i would buy renoise immediately. Not joking.

There is no relative change to tempo commands. Renoise tempo can not be set below 32. A long time ago I suggested using the 00-1F commands for relative changes.

forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/31300-extension-to-the-bpm-command/

Weird, i added a reply to that thread, but it didn’t get “bumped” to the first page …???

Yeah it has. Note it’s in the Ideas & Suggestions forum. This thread is in the Help, Support & Bugs forum.