The Dead Dog'S Renoise Comp Round 10

i’m in! i love sampling from obscure songs, because
that’s when i’m the most creative. ^_^

finished, but have to wait for ftp-settings from providers as they’ve been lost after the entire re-install of my system. i’ll upload everything and PM kazakore when i have a server available.

my bad…

remove that shit and PM it to kazakore. you’ll spoil the entire ‘anonymous listening and voting’ stuff. sorry for being harsh, and thanks for contributing!

Must, resist, listening… :D

In his defense, that rule was not specified in this thread. Some of us are new here and don’t know about things some of you who’ve been around a while might take for granted.

Suggestion: include the complete contest rules, or a prominent link to a post that has them, in each contest thread.

Suggestion2: Edit the Soundcloud link out of your reply, or no matter what dubkidflash does it will still be here. :D

man, ligeti is driving me nuts. whatever i try, it’s getting completely unrecognizable, with lots of 10 cycle snippets etc.
oh well, another two and a half days… :smashed:

yeah, i don’t blame him for it, and am aware he did not know. i just wanted him to react quickly so i made my response a bit harsh.
suggestion1: hope kazakore picks this up, will probably agree
suggestion2: yeah i just noticed that, didn’t think of that, editted it out. we all make mistakes :)

Yeah I’m sorry I’ve been a little lax of late, had a lot of other stuff on my plate! Hence why the last couple haven’t had a full copy&paste of the main basic rules, why none has been hosted on my server (need to reinstall and FTP client and find my log-in details,) why I haven’t uploaded tracks to Soundcloud for the ease of voting and why I haven’t even tried to update the website in ages. Plus other stuff. Hopefully things will settle down and I’ll be able to get on top of it all properly soon…

My bad and thanks to you guys for sorting it out so quick. Got the entry in PM now and hope to have some more from you guys before close in a couple of days ;)

Alright, submission sent. I can’t wait to hear what everybody created!

done! mine is pretty lame, but as i promised to do it… :ph34r:

Right entries are closed. Sorry about slight delay, been out the house. Downloaded all entries and will remove any tags and upload shortly for voting. Quite a good turnout this round :)

(Let me just install and register Spotify first as bored of all my music.)

Error in submissions, correction coming.

aaargh, sorry – wrong directory, wrong filename… :panic:
thanks, kazakore

Soundcloud up.

http://soundcloud.com/dead-dog-disko/sets/dead-dog-renoise-competition

Vote Pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mh32x8eh8onvza

(Hope I got things right. Moved and renamed rather than copied again :-/ )

this must’ve been the hardest vote as yet. first of all, 6 songs to choose from. really glad to see people are enthusiastic about this round, and have decided to join in. furthermore, after listening through them all, i had 3 favourites, which was a first for me as well, as usually there’s one or maybe two i think stand out from the rest. really fantastic entries all of you, i enjoyed listening to them all a lot. and i also think a lot of you did a lot better than me, which kinda sucks, but seeing how opinions differ, i might still have a shot at winning. anyway, thanks a lot for joining in, i just voted, and i hope more people will (17 listens on track 1 on Soundcloud and only 4 votes!).

[embarrassing confessions of a drunk person deleted]

great stuff again, and I will take some more days to make up my mind for the poll.

I have a question about the competitions. About chopping up the original track. Am I allowed to cut the track to pieces to gather individual sounds? Or am I supposed to use nothing but the 09 command triggering parts of the original file?

The competition is long over but you can do whatever you want. Cut, paste, stretch. Just as long as you keep it Renoise ^_^

As td6d says this round is over but generally anything goes as long as it is Renoise (with a few exceptions as all rules can be changed and set by the winner of the previous round.) This would even allow cutting down to single cycle waveforms and producing a chiptune style piece, or similar, from provided samples if so desired.

I will endeavour to start copy and pasting the fuller rules each round again from now on. Although I had my laptop hard drive fail on me AGAIN last night so I’m back to running off a Ubuntu Live CD…