The Metal Thread

cosmic blackened death

3 Likes

Here’s a band that went completely under the radar. If Lucy Fell are from Portugal and obviously inspired by Converge. They released a great album in 2008, Zebra Dance, that’s a bit more accessible than their contemporaries, yet explores where they want to go by piercing from different angles.

I see Sunn O))) on tuesday.

1 Like

New MAYHEM:

1 Like

Let me just say this album wastes no seconds. Very, very dense, proggy instrumentals. I think it’s a masterpiece, along with their preceding album, Kezia. The musicianship is ridiculous, especially for how old they were when they wrote it.

1 Like

Echoes of Yul

Embrace the absurd. And flangers.

1 Like

not so fast :upside_down_face:

Only started listening to Mr Bungle properly this year, kinda astounding that this came out in 1991. My Patton favourite is this killer combo:

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

How to make variation on a simple theme fucking vital.

Right on the edge of what I like for indistinct-yet-when-it-comes-together:…

From the new Haiduk album Diabolica

Possibly my favourite Death Metal track of all time:

The whole album its off is 10/10.

Love this thread; hope to post something musical here some day!
For now, just spreading the word about a current Metal compo happening here:

Joining is absolutely free, you can use whatever tools are at your disposal. The focus of this game is to “just make music”. Giving and receiving constructive criticism/feedback being one of the core game mechanics. Based upon the replies, you can edit/resubmit your entry until the deadline has been reached.>

The deadline is Wednesday, 24-11-2021 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

I don’t know if it’s mostly nostalgia speaking and it’s even a stretch calling this metal, but i still love this album:

1 Like

Forgot how great this album is.

1 Like