Tool Idea (Multiple sample grabber)

Would it be possible, if i have a pattern playing which uses a multitude of different samples, single samples and samples from within different instrument kits,to build a tool which locates all the different samples playing in that pattern, to pick them out and generate a new instrument kit which contains all the samples playing within that pattern?

2 Likes

Perhaps this can help? New Tool (3.0) Render and Slice

edit; can’t find a tool entry real quick in the tools portion of the Renoise site, so rarred my version real quick;
com.afta8.RenderAndSlice.xrnx (5.0 KB)

edit;

it seems to have issues when you have an option checked that automatically writes the slices into a phrase. Renoise will pop up an error notice. According to @afta8 ;

"For now, disable the ‘Write phrases to instrument’ setting in the tools menu, this will stop the error message coming up. The way phrases are done seems to have been overhauled so need to get my head around all that, maybe change the way it is done given new features etc…

And yes extra pimping is also on the cards "

To have the rendered sliced instrument inside a phrase is really handy so I hope this will get picked up eventually :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Thanks but thats not what im looking for!

Im looking for each individual sample, regardless if it is a single sample or part of an instrument kit to be grabbed by the tool and made into a new instrument based on what pattern i am playing within a song

e.g im playing pattern 50,i use the tool,it locates all samples playing within pattern 50 and it generates a new kit with all those samples

1 Like

Hey I have been looking for this tool for a long time. I am having trouble getting it loaded into my renoise, when I drag it over renoise nothing happens, unlike other tools. Could you help me? Maybe rarring the XML?

1 Like

I figured it out, I had to install winrar and change the file back to a rar. Then I just dragged the tool folder into my tools folder. Works great for what I need thank you.

1 Like

[quote=“ToybOx]:., post:3, topic:68862, username:ToybOx”]
Im looking for each individual sample, regardless if it is a single sample or part of an instrument kit to be grabbed by the tool and made into a new instrument based on what pattern i am playing within a song

e.g im playing pattern 50,i use the tool,it locates all samples playing within pattern 50 and it generates a new kit with all those samples
[/quote]

Ok so does anybody know if this is possible?Simple tool to write or complex?

It seems relatively simple.

Iterate pattern. Interpret keyzones. Use renoise.Sample:copy_from().

1 Like

That’s great,if anybody out there wants to write this tool for a small amount of money,id be happy,i have sponsored 2 tools before which were written by Raul, acid sequencer and mod fx render, so im good for it,any takers can send me a private message, again only a small amount of money but i would really like this!

and of course i wouldn’t keep it to myself,could be used by anyone.

2 Likes

sorry if I’m missing it, but does render and slice not do this? It takes all sounds being played in a pattern, makes them into one instrument, sliced at each note or sample played?

No it doesn’t,it takes the pattern as a whole,which I don’t want,I want each individual sample used in a pattern to be rendered into a single kit. No takers yet,anybody out there interested?Sorry maybe rendered is the wrong word in this context,i want the tool to locate each sample and place them together in a new kit.I feel like no one actually knows what im talking about,does anyone at all understand?Or is this just the ramblings of a mad man.

1 Like

so no rendering, more like grab from other instruments/samples, clone, and collect into one unified instrument?

1 Like

That would probably be possible, play the tracks, find out the instruments,
find out how the instrument is set up. It would be worse with samples.
If the instrument was set as a drumkit, it would be ok, but if it uses the entire layer, it will be worse. Samples in the instrument can be taken randomly from the instrument,
there can be round robin samples, etc.

Exactly

No round robin im not worried about that,simple grab all samples,clone,generate new kit.not worried about dsp chains or velocity layers or modulation,none of that,just source samples to new kit

To what end? I get what you’re after, but I’m wondering why you would want to do it this way?

If I want variation on a sound set, I usually render, slice, render slices to phrase, then fuck w modulations & fx from there

Curious what kind of wizardry you’re after…

The render slices to phrase takes the pattern as a whole,i dont want that,i want the individual samples.The reason i want the individual samples, is that i dont want to be stuck with what the pattern dictates in a new kit,even though you can remix and rearrange using render slices to phrase there can be a lot of different reasons why this would not work for me,for example stacked samples,once they are rendered stacked on top of each other i cant undo this, other reasons too which has to do with the way i work in renoise.

Basically i want the sound pallet of a pattern and the total freedom to do what i want with it while also generating new kits that obviously have samples that work really well with each other with the touch of a button,if i have a pattern with many different instruments and samples playing,it can take me a long time to do this manually.

2 Likes

Cool. Makes sense and sounds potentially useful! Hope someone takes you up on it :+1:

1 Like

BUMP, no takers yet,really would like this tool,willing to pay 50 euro for it.

50 euros? I’m in…

Give me till the end of the day and I’ll get you a prototype done…

2 Likes

Good man,I should be on later.

1 Like