Top 5 Features That Would Make Your Life Easier

tissit

So “Dx” can be used in the vol/pan column? Crap I never knew that! Yes perhaps I should RTFM from time to time :P

This is my Top 5: (in no particular order)
An internal synth (something like Synth1) built into Renoise so we can communicate ideas in just XML.

I love you guys

How about for the rest of his entire life?

what about BUzz Tracker machines?
Buzz containe good machines and free)

in the meantime, read a funny story

I’d like the ability to automate pitch rather than having to use 01xx & 02xx commands.

Track freezing sounds good also.

Export Midi.

1. Scrap the confusing “Excel” interface and use a piano roll or a real note staff.
  2. Include a few dozen VSTs that nobody will use but which you can use as an excuse to increase the price. Add everything including the kitchen sink. Increase the minimum requirements to run the program.
  3. One mixer is not enough. Make at least 3 mixers, all with different options so that users can get lost.
  4. A multiple window interface and a floatable transport bar. This way, one can have a zillion windows open to impress clients/pets.
  5. Backing of very large corporation. Increase the price to 3 figures and make a gimped affordable version nobody will buy.

funny and troubled

1. To change Renoise completely and eventually turn it into a Cubase clone.

Err… hold on :unsure:

no i dont need cubase clone!!!

if you want cubase clone use cubase

and 6. Renoise still doesn’t make the tea does it?

6b, with a button for milk and 2 sugars

Man-at-arms… Great satire… and right on.

I still use Logic for my “regular” and “normal” stuff. It is without a doubt more powerful than Renoise. Logic is an excellent program, and I think worth the price… but…

Renoise is fun. Renoise takes me places Logic never could. It’s not that one is better, they are just different tools. A hammer is not better than a screwdriver, unless you want to hit a nail. You need them both in the toolbag, unless you only want to hit nails OR turn screws. Then you will pick the one that suits you.

If you keep adding features. If you keep bloating the software. You end up where all the mainstream DAW’s are today. Is that really where you want Renoise to be?

Of course you want further development. But remember with each feature comes the bloat and endless complexity.

I am very new to Renoise (2 weeks) and it is this difference that has me hooked. If Renoise was just another piano roll, freezing, visti host I would not have thrown down $70 (american) to have it. Believe me, there are better DAW’s out there. And even at cheaper prices (Reaper for example). But in 2007… Renoise is the one that is different. In a sea of clones, Renoise is the desert island.

i start tracking in 90’s on my AMIGA 5OO+ i go to PC in 1997-98,
i work on FasTracker2.
I test cubase, logic, flstudio…i work in studio and at home with it.
I install renoise at the studio and explain to all how it work and everybody use it alot for beat making and sampling for compose hiphop, r’n’b, house music.
and like me all prefer the tracking than live or fl studio.

renoise still the best way for creating music with samples… :yeah:

:drummer:

Okay then, here is my top 5. These are improvements and refinements that would make my Renoise-life easier:

• Remember sorting in Disk-op (I change this from the default, like everytime when I use Renoise)

• Be able to edit the patternorder without affecting the currently playing song (like it works in Impulse Tracker, this has been discussed before)

• Improvements in the sample-editor, f.ex. I miss a fade-tool with envelopes, f.ex. like Soundforge has. Being able to edit samples with pen could also be useful sometimes.

• Put some time on the workflow of the instrument edtor, get inspiration from f.ex. Akai-hardware-samplers and Kontakt. I personally feel it has a too small resolution that I avoid using it for this reason. Creating multisamples-instrument is also a slow process which could be improved. I think it could be improved a lot and be a very strong feature for Renoise in the future if improved.

• Add support for MIDI on VST-effects (for gate-vsts, vocoders vsts and so on)

Ok, i’m joining in. Here’s my debaucherous belligerent append to the thread. I apologize for being part of the jerk-squad in advance. Don’t stress about it? The first three are implementable, the other two are theoretical.

1. Left clickable effects column that pops up a context menu with all the available effect commands.

2. Track Scopes: Master & send should Have different colors than regular tracks. Could I do this myself with skinning? I never tried.

3. Global communism. (joke)

4. Ability to work with long samples visually. I.E. some sort of multi-track view where I can “see” my sounds and envelopes overlap. Perhaps this is the arranger?

5. Beat-slicer, whatever that turns out to be. I am specifically interested in results for drumkits and breakbeats.

good man. +1 :D

Hi.

As a user and long time tracker. I see this as very positive and thank you

It’s nice to see that new blood is starting to see the value in our screwdriver ways.

A sign of things to come?

Welcome to fun city.

about me i am not tracker or ex tracker. :(
but i have write music in reason, fruity, cubase but after this check buzz and i love it. But it is not stable and it try renoise.
I mean that i love write music in renoise and i will be happy if you will put link to tracker concept or other good thigs. thanks