Top 5 Features That Would Make Your Life Easier

#1 Automatable xrni Instrument parameters. Like Instr. Vol -> Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release etc. etc.
#2 Automatable Groovesettings
#3 Like It-Alien, more oldschool Tracker commands. There should be enough place for them. like Mx -> Portamento on Vol. Column, Lxx -> Inst. Env. Position and all that stuffy.
#4 Pattern Zooming
#5 Rewire (Master & Slave)

other than that

-> Nibbles <3

please no #irc-client sigh (would only prevent you from making music :P )

Like I said…

1.Freehand drawing in sampler
2.Split/Join patterns
3.some way to switch between 3/4 4/4 ect
4.A button to insert pitch slide like in octamed
5.An option to switch between spd and lpb (lines per beat)

I’ve added one more to my list… and this one’s very important IMO:

Non-redundant samples… which can be referenced and used in multiple instruments… with multiple pitch settings per instrument sample slot… basically… you should only have to have a sample exist once in an .xrns… you shouldn’t HAVE to copy it multiple times for different instruments that use it.

I like this one from Florian, it’s very innovative.

Imagine having multiple patterns playing at the same time. Another addon to this could be reuse of tracks. An example could be to have pattern 1 (chord major), pattern 2 (beats) and trackID#2 from pattern 3 all playing at the same time.

Florians idea and multicore CPU support is what i’d like to see.

And of course my ever lasting dream to use sample pattern commands like pitchslide and vibrato on VSTi’s.
I’ve been thinking about solutions, but have given up and stopped at the idea of rendering (freeze) it down in advance and play it back as a sample?
Problems arise though i.e.:
The VSTi sound needs to be rendered longer than note cutoff, else you can’t pitch it up until you want the note to stop.
Needs a lot of RAM i suppose.
Could use that multicore support.

I knew I wasnt alone…

There.

yes, however, the reason I put an ‘i’ at the end of the VST in the feature daydream is because the ‘i’ was actually important to me :P

and the beats in beatsync already go up to 512. they didn’t used to. at what point did this happen?

The “*VSTi Automation Device” was added for exactly that purpose? That strange device next to the “*LFO Device”…

Info about the excellent VSTi controlling metadevice over here:
here

cant make music without it :) But I think I might also have misunderstood you, Florian Mosleh. Is this what you meant?

radical… ok, nevermind. awesomely implemented too btw. i like how you overcame the possibility of more parameters than pattern effect command banks by making the conrtolled parameter dynamically assignable… i just got a new toy to play with :dribble:

only just noticed this…

1. the ability to add panning columns like you can add effects columns, so you can start and end two different notes in the same line of the same track at different times while shifting to the left speaker with one and right with the other…etc

2. Drawing from first suggestion - Advanced edit feature refined, so that when you expand or shrink an item it has the ability to keep the D#/0D## and OFF/F# commands in scale. Understandably, this isnt ideal for every situation so it would need to be a toggle. Also there would be some natural problems, for instance where you want to shrink something with 0D03 on a note while you’re at speed 6, or from another angle, where you’re using chipped instruments and you want to use the actual OFF rather than F#. Two ways around this, either rounding (“do you want to round []up or []down” for instance) or simply an error message stating that not everything could be altered and leave the stuff that doesnt work as is. Doesnt have to be idiot-proof, “beta feature”…
    this would save me so much time manually editing though…

3. Same theory with keeping things in scale: Advanced edit ability to move things up and down by a set number of ticks; ie so you can batch process an entire row of C-406 . . D3 F4 (including imaginary 1st feature suggestion for example) to become C-406 . . D1 F2, for example

4. a BPM timescale somewhere in the sample editor

5. the ability to rig up the pitch slide of my midi controller to a sliding scale of 09xx in sampled instruments - so like, pitch -127, or whatever you call it, equals 0900 and pitch +127, or whatever you call it, equals 09FF… imagine the jamming =D

1. default volume (velocity?) setting for every instrument like in FT2 and PT
    2-5. none
  • Getting rid of the VST Automate device. I want to just press record, twiddle knobs and have it play back again like what buzz tracker used to do.

• A method of finding parameters easily. On large machines it can be hard to find the parameter you want for automating. If the above method was implemented then this step would be redundant.

• Pattern Sequencer

Can’t really think of anything else at the moment.

In no particular order:

• more flexible routing, which includes:
    grouping tracks (and sidechaining…)

• improved MIDI recording: overwrite mode, better resolution, quantize and such…

• arranger

• PDC and multicore support (those two go hand in hand, since VSTs with latency are often CPU intensive)

Been playing with Aodix since yesterday (btw it is free now) and really like the way you can route vst(i)'s in it. Complex routing scheme’s can easily be drawn by dragging wires between instances.

Parameters can be found easily as well, when you turn a knob in a vst(i) interface, the corresponding parameter highlights in the vst parameter list.

Well, I use timeslicing (or better said 09xx) for vocal samples, and some slow drumloops.
Folk music could use timeslicing because then, a wavefile full of text does not have to be cut to pieces.

It’s nice to have those options, but I don’t like the UI approach of dragging wires. I’d much prefer to have buttons and drop-down menus.
For example Reaper’s approach is quite good.

1. More Time
  2. More Money
  3. Remote control for day/night (More music making at night)
  4. Bug-free OS
  5. Legalization of Psychedelic/hallucinogenic drugs

That´s my top-5 for easy living! :blink:

My top 5:

1. Multiple outs for VST’s
  2. Rewire (master and slave)
  3. Full MTC implementation
  4. Delay effect in MS instead of ticks
  5. Per-track groove control

i saw kaneel’s video on youtube regarding beatslicers, and im good. i definitely dont need one. dope tut btw kaneel.

things that i would like to see in renoise?

1. a multiband parametric eq
  2. more complex sampler functions (resynthesis with existing waveforms, maybe?)
  3. i suppose a BASIC arranger would be great, but nothing too flashy. I just left cubase :P