Updates.. any news?

Renoise is definietly for work, not just a toy. It must be one of the best music software to work on samples in addition to all the other great features.
If you’r focusing to much on what the software lack in your opinion, and forget about the music you’re in a dead end. Think about how much great music it’s been made with equipment much less featured than renoise.
If you got a good idea almost any daw nowadays can do the jobb, renoise included. So what’s really needed is a good idea and the skills to create it in the daw you are using.

Don’t wait until renoise 8.6 appears with all features in the universe.

Deadlines are killing, they are frustrating people more than necessary because if software isn’t good enough, it simply can’t be released.
If you want some kind of guideline, look at the past and notice that the period between little before the holiday season and spring always seem to contain Renoise releases. One subversion and sometimes one or two maintenance releases.
So yes annually release, but not guaranteed.

Look Jalex, for as far as i notice the stuff that you release, you are already doing great stuff with Renoise so i don’t consider you completely disabled here. You just seem to have a few more pain-points than the average user on the area of lacks. Every DAW has its cons and pro’s, just remember, that Renoise is still under development, even in this crisis situation (there seem to be other DAW’s where development seems pretty quiet the past few years). And above all, it is the music that you produce what matters; Renoise is just a tool, not the magic that creates your stuff, because your soul and brains are responsible for that and those work just fine.

If you Jalex somehow butthurted, it`s your problem.

FORSS (who is now a Soundcloud CEO) wrote an outstanding album (http://www.discogs.com/Forss-Soulhack/master/56170) before Ableton Live era, just take a listen how much attention and detail are there.
MACHINEDRUMs (http://www.discogs.com/Machine-Drum-Want-To-1-2/master/341394) 2009s album was written using outdated Impulse Tracker (yes, now he is into Live, cuz his closest friend Jimmy Edgar hooked him on it).
And i even dont want to mention Venetian Snares here…list can go on nearly forever.

I know, there is so much frustrating things in Renoise (automation, mixer, summing, interpolation, lack of native realtime pitchstretch, MERGE SONGS INTO ONE PROJECT PLZ!!!, blahblahblah…), which drives me totally nuts, but on the other side its all very comfortable to me in all aspects (thanks for the arranger matrix guys!).

It reminds me somehow “Pro Tools lack of features” talk here…most of protools users migrated to different daws ages ago. But on the other side RNS dev unit is not Digidesign/Avid, so 3.0 must be a killer and savier for all of us.

I’m sorry for you man. Seems like you are suffering… On the bright side, If it happens in a year, you got one year with 2.8 just to focus on good music ideas insted of spending your time on this forum talking about features. Don’t mean to be rude, just making my point.

Look Jalex, for as far as i notice the stuff that you release, you are already doing great stuff with Renoise so i don’t consider you completely disabled here. You just seem to have a few more pain-points than the average user on the area of lacks. Every DAW has its cons and pro’s, just remember, that Renoise is still under development, even in this crisis situation (there seem to be other DAW’s where development seems pretty quiet the past few years). And above all, it is the music that you produce what matters; Renoise is just a tool, not the magic that creates your stuff, because your soul and brains are responsible for that and those work just fine.
[/quote]

Thnx Vv. I have no doubt some in your team. I’m sorry if it was harsh, just when confronted daily with one and the same subject unresolved minutiae that makes angry.

To be honest, I use Renoise for music producing for multimedia projects (games, apps, trailers and other videos) from time to time and I didnt’t notice lack of updates. I am very very very happy what I have for now and I am sure devs are preparing something to appear soon.

I personally would like to see Piano roll and I am also sure it will arrive one day. But I (still) can live without it :)

how do u sync renoise with video stream?

I think the only thing that differs in regard to the development of renoise is that there is no “roadmap” that is presented publicly.

I’m pretty sure there are similar frustrations with MS Exchange, VMWare ESXi, Cubase and what not and those are products you/companies spend thousands and thousands of dollars on.
They have large dev-teams and they still can’t implement all the changes they want or are asked for.
One software that I work with starts at $5000 (point…starts) I’ve aksed for a couple of “simple changes” and they have been agreed to be on the “roadmap list”…it’s year 3 now :)

Is Renoise perfect all the time, no of course not, there are always room for improvement.
But throwing money at one or two problems is often not going to work.

One thing that would possibly help allay people’s fears that nothing is going on behind the scenes would be Read Only Access to the Alpha Testers Forum. I can understand the reasons why the developers don’t want to do this though and personally I think progress is plenty consistent enough and there is no need to change modus operandi for a very, very small contingent of users.

I don’t agree on that, we are quite big you know.
Also, I speak for 99% of the active userbase to say that we are all frickin curious.

The more “Thank you Santa!” or “Thank you Valentine” messages we’ll get.

can someone let this thread die so i dont have to keep reading it? you monkeys complaining couldve written your own daw by now.

I like the “surprise effect” whenever a new version is released… Don’t take that away, please.

No big expectations = no big disappointments. Just accept whatever the devs are focusing on and understand that they probably see the whole picture a lot better than you do. Make music instead of waiting for music to be made (with the “right” tools).

Being curious isn’t the same as being dissatisfied with the current methods.

I think without proper analysis statements like “we are quite big” or “very small contingent of users” are nothing more than a wishful thinking with intention of backing one’s arguments with illusory crowd of supporters.

AfterEffects or Premiere… Depends on what I create… Often I play something on iPad [animation or whatever] for example and then play instrument it on Renoise & render as sample.

I’d just like to say … BAMF!

:ph34r:

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo !

Just to tell you guys that i just got back. I used my time traveling machine to have a sneek preview of renoise 3.0 and they implement :

-Midi vst Compatibility ! With a new Arpegriator and chord effect
-Xrni2 ! Wich is able to carry vst effects within the instrument

And a lot of other stuff but cmon i have to keep the element of surprise :P

These threads are always funny, you get a curious user doing what in actual fact is quite normal (Being excited about something they obviously love), then you get a whole bunch of self appointed developer gaurdians acting like somebody punched their mom in the face hahahaha