What do 3.3 really needs…

Yep, mixing pattern lengths would also allow polyrhytms (though patterns would need to be positioned on per line accuracy into arranger), but for me the main use would be pattern atomization and compositional fast changes (as patterns would only need to be as long as needed and no more).

Thanks for the phrases link, nice trick!

@loimi You can determine the number of lines of each pattern manually.

You can also use the ZBxx command to break the pattern and jump to line xx of the next pattern. You can use it on the Master track to be tidier (although it works on any track).

But don’t expect magic with the metronome. Unfortunately, Renoise still doesn’t allow you to change the rhythm metronome as needed, for example, for a multi-measure song (yes, from a tool and it would not be very accurate.).

@Neuro_No_Neuro Unfortunately, not everything is possible. For that, we would need the API to be better equipped in some details, and that is beyond our control.

2 Likes

Yep, I know :slightly_smiling_face: Which is why I said you were “REAL close”. Once that’s a possibility, with the API, then I believe you and Achenar are able to complete the task.

idk if just dont know how to use the command. But i would like for the envelopes to have time markers like the samples have in sample viewer. So you can use the Exx command more precisely .Is it just me or doesnt the Exx command work on the adshr?

I didn’t read everyone suggestion, but here’s maybe a quickwin…
I found how to filter sample files by names in a directory, but that would be really cool to have this feature able to filter samples recursively in all subdirectories (I haven’t found how to do that…). By the way, that would also be nice to have a way to display all samples located in all subdirectories, not filtered, in order to browse quickly a whole collection without going in every location…

Cheers :slight_smile:

ps: Oh, and another thing I can’t do without the help of an external recorder is picking multiple samples at the same time… It’s kind of usefull when you want to record and instrument with multiple mics (I use 2 for a cajon or an acoustic guitar… I route them to left and right, kind of tricky but works great)… If I had to record, let’s say, a drumer with its load of mics, I just have to switch to another record tool, and I miss the ability of renoise to stick samples on the tempo and cut them efficiently… So…

I have run into that issue too often where the rendered file is missing the first note, that is my wish to fix.

I think renoise need also a record option for arp/seqiencer midi vsts…

A saturation knob effect would be mighty useful.

1 Like

Built in activatable LFOs inside the native effects, like in Ableton, would be super handy. Currently loading a separate LFO and mapping it to say a filter is pretty easy but after nearly 5 years of doing that over and over and having to rename each LFO so I don’t get lost is getting tiring. I’d really like to be able to load an effect with the LFO inside the effect so to save time and to not have to rename each LFO every time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see that - an internal LFO(s) on devices would be handy!

Never will happen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Why should they change the whole concept now?

Better copy Bitwigs modulation system! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the LFO in Renoise. You can make everything you want, also an envelope, one shot it etc. In my opinion its powerful Art of modulation.
I like also the way, how you can create lfo automation curves in reaper. Its an kind of Automation Presets. But on the other side reaper has bad modulation options.

But this would be great for automation in renoise 3.3:

I would love to have a function similar to FL Studio’s “Dump score log to selected pattern” feature: A recording mechanism that’s always on, keeping a buffer/log of MIDI input so that if you play something cool, you can just hit a button and boom, it’s in a pattern/phrase somewhere ready to edit. I thought Noodletrap was similar at first, but I can’t seem to have it recording all the time automatically, and for all instruments simultaneously.

1 Like

You wouldn’t have to change the whole concept, just add LFO’s to the effects and keep the LFO device as a stand alone as well for more complex routings like into hydras and meta mixers. Think of it like an extension of design rather than an overhaul

A record, that is always on??? Fuck, fl Studio is produced by nsa :open_mouth:

Doesn’t Renoise already keep a log of activity during a project session for backup purposes in case of a crash? Occasionally if I get a crash, usually due to a dodgy vst, re-opening Renoise cause it to recover the project file in most instances. Wouldn’t that mean that it’s keeping track of a log somewhere you could access possibly?

1 Like

Have the Sampler deconstruct audio? Kind of like what Steinberg Backbone is claiming to do… The ability to break a snare drum into its formant, and inharmonic, or the fundamental and the noise parts…

2 Likes
  • Real-time synthesis capabilities like Wave morphing/Interpolation, pwm, fm, fractals, etc. It would take Renoise to places unimaginable. I understand this would be difficult to implement. At least as @anon81231982 says, loop point automation would be so useful as it would allow to totally control the harmonic movement of the sound (wavetable like).

• Steeper shelf cuts or HP/LP filter option on EQ 5/10. A lot of times, a filter is needed when layering sounds, having it already on EQ 5/10 would also save CPU!