What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

If Renoise got wavetable support, and a wavetable editor that matches the power of the sample editor. That would be wow. However, native loop point modulation in the sampler, would be close to perfection too.

1 Like

Make a Recorder device or just add one to end of track chain, or just extend the sample recorder to be able to tap all tracks and arm record eachā€¦basically make multitrack live recording native in Renoise!

3 Likes

Thatā€™d definitely be a great way to make stems, then in Render dialog tell it to render just the Recorder devices. +1

2 Likes

exactly, could have a dialog overview to manage the rec arm of tracks etc, or in the mixer next to track name

and can have the option to create consecutive instruments if so required

1 Like

Correct patchname showing for VST3 Plugins.

1 Like

parallel dsp container
ability to route one mod set into another one

2 Likes

Iā€™m still hoping for Ableton Link support since I donā€™t see Bitwig adding Rewire support ever now that itā€™s discontinued. JACK Audio doesnā€™t work on my computer before anyone suggests that

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see an updated Duplex baked into Renoise as part of the core, so that itā€™s fully compatible (the last release was 2017) as being able to interface strongly into Renoise would definitely attract more people to it.

Another is the ability to dynamically change length per bar, and have all of the notes dynamically move to where they should be, for example youā€™ve got a basic for on the floor, and you then need to make some triplets, you donā€™t have to think ahead, but just change the length per bar and have it all move as needed neatly.

check out this tool: Place Selected Notes Evenly | Renoise

makes triplets/tuplets a breeze without having to change your lpb or pattern length. great little tool

1 Like

Ah nice!

Still though, I do look longingly sometimes at my partner with his piano roll style in Ableton editor just changing the division of the grid on the fly to put something odd in without changing the rest of the notes in the grid - so dreamy

honestly, I think this tool is perhaps better than that, especially if you like nested rhythms or complex polyrhythm. I set it up with a hotkey and itā€™s dead simple. Just place however many notes you want and select however many lines you want to divide them through, spam the hotkey, instant septuplets, nonuplets, whatever you want! The only limitation is lpb resolution. I routinely write whole triplet sections using this tool, and itā€™s quick and easy and only changes the notes you have selected :+1:

Please please please - start point can be moved around in sampler!

4 Likes

^^^Ya, would be excellent to be able to automate start position via macros. Loop points, too, would be hugeā€¦

1 Like

That indeed would be cool but just to have a simple lineā€¦ with an S on itā€¦ indicating start point that can be moved aroundā€¦ like pretty much every other sampler out there. I feel rude/odd asking cos it just seems like such an obvious thing to be missing, especially after so many updates. Forgive my ignorance but if a movable start point canā€™t be added, could the 0SXX be converted so that it becomes SXXX? Meaning that the effect numbers are dramatically increased allowing more precision?

I would really prefer improvements on existing stuff rather than new features. To list a few:

-The sample search menu. iā€™d like to have the option of searching by words but not only in the current folder, but its children folders and grandchildren etc. also, id like a way to open multiple subfolders at once, just like in FL Studio (you click a folder once and it opens its children, and so on). currently, you have to double click and actually enter the folder to see its content.

-The ā€œmode of stretchā€ performed in the sample when you use beatsync. it has ā€œrepitchā€, ā€œtextureā€ and ā€œdrumsā€, but honestly they donā€™t work that well. ā€œdrumsā€ mode simply kills my drum transients for some reason. id like it to work better.

-the auto-slicing. sometimes i have a clear drum break full of very distinct peaks and the auto-slice will not put a marker on those peaks, no matter the percentage i set it. it just doesnt work that well, too. for some reason. no idea.

-The modifiers. Iā€™d like to be able to alter the volume of a whole track/column in the song, but ONLY the volume. currently, as far as i know, if i go in the vol/pan/fx/delay modifier and lets say, i add ā€œ2aā€ to that track in song values, it messes with volume, pan and delay. i really want to be able to modify them separetely. seriously, this bugs me so much.

2 Likes

Redux .xrni instruments that use external sample files, and donā€™t store sample data in the VST hostā€™s project. Just as an option.

3 Likes

After using renoise for more than 10 years and creating endless numbers of songs with it (and doing that on a daily basis), I believe that better, more direct way to record samples is only darn thing Iā€™m missing. Would like to sample direct to sampler from any input with a click of a button, and would also like that renoise has a sample device that can be wired to any channel, including master, to just sample and then play on the fly the output of that channel and drop results to samples when needed. Anything else at the moment to me doesnā€™t look that appealing.

6 Likes

Also a mix knob in bus compressor and compressor. A parallel mix knob already would open up a lot of new possibilities. The only difficultly in implementation here might be the time compensation of the dry signal to match the PDC of the device. Do the compressors upsample and produce intersample stuff? Maybe then it would be more difficult, what do I know. But does not sound like hard to implement, from dsp noob programmers perspective.

2 Likes

This should be added globally to all effect devices. Would be awesome. FL has this in the mixer view. Renoise already knows the PDC of the device, just needs to compensate this on device level for dry / wet mixing.

3 Likes
1 Like