What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Tomorrow can be far away sometimes… But… Here’s pictures and a bit more info about why…

Currently im trying to manually import some music created in mline tracker (amiga…) into renoise. Step by step, this takes a while, im using PiP on my monitor, two mouses, two keyboard etc… Anyway… Since it’s such a timestretched task i’m doing small things each time spreaded over several weeks and it’s a bit hard to rememeber where i left off. At the moment im using the section-marker as a comment/note:
(it says: continue on pattern 6)

But! It’s a bit spacious, it takes up the same space the other rows when it could have been just a small “bubble” squeezed in near the minus sign or the select-box. Something like this (with a tooltip/box showing when hovering it):

But done in a beautiful way :slight_smile:

I dream about a new timestretch mode: Keep original length, with adjustment in percent to that length.

1 Like

Like Paulstretch in the Audacity audio editor, I think.

I’ll add two to this long list:
-Auto Scale MIDI CC commands in MIDI Mapping instead of defining Min/Max. For example: I have CH1 CC25 mapped to Current Track DSP [SET] and I only have 2 DSPs. Typical controllers use absolute 7bit: I just have to barely move a knob/slider just to select the next DSP in the current track. Scaling should allow it to be equal of the knob/slider.
alignment_example

Some will say this is a convenience and can be easily edited on a midi controller, but I digress due to the amount of times you have to manually adjust it.

-Add a Midi CC for scrolling through a sequence vertically. The above feature has to be there due to definition of lines varying from 1 to 512. Technically speaking some MIDI controllers has this feature and it’s treated as a scroll up/down but that’s some.

2 Likes

A Renoise release, really. So eager for some sort of update. I’m stalling because I am so curious :smiley:

4 Likes

^this.

1 Like

Ordet du söker för “fake gui” är “mockups” :slight_smile: Vassego!

+1 for more choices for Notes and Comments in your projects

Hjärnsläpp… :slight_smile:

•multiple fx chains allowed within doofers, allowing sends, etc. This would open up a ton of possibilities for implementing native devices in advanced ways, and would be very powerful for sound design. Basically make each doofer act as it’s own instrument fx section. Would this be simple to implement? we already have a tracker within a tracker and a mixer within the mixer (instrument fx and track fx)… would be amazing to go one layer deeper with the fx

•allowing feedback with sends (perhaps with a pop-up warning dialog)

•more macros available per instrument 8, 16, 24, 32

•direct modulation mapping - the ability to assign a modulator to any destination parameter without having to go through instrument macros. For instance, say I wanted to modulate a simple pitch lfo’s frequency. It would be great to be able to drop another lfo into the chain and assign it to the previous lfo’s frequency directly

•increased high-frequency range of modulation devices. I know we are unlikely to get this, but I still want it, lol

•Allowing pattern effect destinations to be mapped to macros - Sxx, Rxy, Bxx, ZTxx, ZLxx, ZKxx, etc… this would open up so much potential for live performance, and would be an ease of use improvement for newbies. Don’t get me wrong, I love writing dense patterns full of fx commands, but sometimes there’s nothing better than the expressivity of knob twisting

•native microtuning support within the instrument/sample editor with editable/savable presets - like scale modes on steroids

•the ability to modulate/midi map Sample Properties
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.34.50 AM

•timestretching/beatsync option to decouple from lpb. Would be great to stretch as percent, seconds, and lpb

•deeper resampling integration - Plugin grabber, but for XRNIs. Yes, I know we can resample within renoise, but sometimes you want a whole class of pitches, and it seems like repurposing the plugin grabber could be really helpful in some instances

•more accurate AHDSR timing

•the ability to store presets for all modulation devices, not just envelope (I’m looking at you AHDSR and lfo)

•all the other good ideas in this thread :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

PLEASEEEEE THIS.

6 Likes

I’d rather see an official Polyend diss track from Renoise.

I’d like to be able to record automation in a 3rd party plugin by right-clicking a knob on the plugins GUI, or at least have Instrument Automation auto-locate that particular parameter just by moving it in the GUI. Also, macro controls built into instrument automation. The current workaround to achieve this is enough hoops for me to jump to avoid doing it all together.

Not gonna say anything about Piano Roll… Oops.

3 Likes

Freaking midi support. I just wanna export midis from Renoise natively. OpenMPT has it and that’s free. Renoise would be great for it, just export the first 16 channels, each one mapped to a corresponding midi channel. Instruments can use the midi parameters, program and bank is all there…

Also yeeeah, native microtonal would be amazing too.

4 Likes

I’m hoping for midi support, native microtonal support, support for resampling everything and I need Renoise to turn into a fully automatable granular beast so it finally reaches its full potential and I don’t have to buy granular synths.

5 Likes

I’d love to see improvements to setting loops via crossfade. In Native Instruments’ Kontakt you can select a region and then non-destructively apply a crossfade to it. It would make me very happy if Renoise could do that as well. Doesn’t have to be non-destructive. But more control over the loop would be great for me.

5 Likes

Isn’t the solution to this to just set the edit step length to zero?

Yes and no. It’s a distinct request to keep the pattern portion of the screen “in place” regardless of the playhead position.

Take a long pattern that goes beyond the screen, eventually the screen will shift to show the playhead position. Instead, it would be nice to just keep the screen where it’s at while the pattern keeps playing. It would be for those moments when one would be editing as the music is going on.

For those making really long, high speed d’n’b patterns, this would be excellent for the micro-editing.

5 Likes

Record arm midi - annoying when you’ve incoming midi and an instrument is set to that midi input, and you’re doing something unrelated to another track, only to enable edit mode and have midi data write to the track unintentionally!

2 Likes

Redux: load and render plugin to instrument.

Non-scrolling is already available, but unfortunately the edit and playback cursor are always separated.

If edit/playback cursor are the same (moving), having a non-scrolling pattern is much more pleasant to work with and look at, from my experience.

2 Likes