What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Because i have another idea,
I would like 2 variables to be added to the Formula Device.
inL and inR for audio input from track.

2 Likes

Yes it would be great if we could change the time window on track scopes. They could be much more useful for analysis, then. As it is, theyā€™re pretty much useless except as (not very flavorful) eye candy

2 Likes

Why do I keep finding things in Renoise that I wish is native?
Technically speaking more ways to modulate note input and audio output before going through the sample modulators and FX chains.

3 Likes

Yes, more flexible midi modulation would be great. Even nested phrases would be really powerful. Iā€™d love a custom scale option, and easier microtuning, too

Dreaming :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

agree. a few small updates can greatly expand the possibilities of sound design. such as the ability to program parameters in the phrase tab or FM mix

1 Like

Somehow, maybe with some script tools - integrate audio multitracking - using the sampler.

Maybe a custom command like R01 to start a sample recording, R02 to stop it. And Renoise automatically inserts the recorded sample note in the track.

Think or Renoise as Drummachnie/Groovebox and Audio Tracking capability as 4Track Cassette Recorder. And the audio tracks ar synced with the beats - and that is it, all I want.

Nothing too fancy, simple.

5 Likes

Better support for Native Instruments VST instruments and effects

renoise is such an environment that inevitably makes you look for dark corners and sometimes you fall out of textures. many diamonds are hidden in these nooks and crannies that beckon and make you worry and hope. I never have the patience to restrain my impulses.

3 Likes

Most often I come up with the best noises when Iā€™m not recording and just messing around with the keyboard and to play something by accident then panic knowing that I will never be able to copy such a noise is infuriating and that if I had had been recording it it would of been great but I didnā€™t. It would be nice if there was a panic button that could be pressed that reproduced the last 5 to 10 seconds (should be customizable really) of music played as well as the notes pressed. I know that you can look at the MIDI list and kinda maybe figure it out but to have an option that just reproduced what was last played would be incredible.

I can explain more ideas about it if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I would like to be able to double press the stop button on my keyboard and have it stop all the the echoes, much like what it does on the GUI.

I would like to be able to right click on added Track Effects and have a duplicate option. Also being able to group them into chunks and add those chunks as blocks would be nice as well.

1 Like

I try to put some sidechanel from reason as compression on my impulses - they reverb all over the place and I become delayed without synchronisation - the patterns just flange around me, choruses of voices and ideas, filtered low and high - different tracks, different modulations - phasing in and out, mind on overdrive. :wink:

you can keymap ā€œpanicā€ to anything you like to stop all audio. Iā€™ve got it mapped to my numpad period

you can duplicate track effects (and tons of other things as well) by click dragging + command key

^ this is what doofers are for. you can save doofer presets and have your own custom suite of fx and modulations

3 Likes

There should be a favorites button star thing in the Theme list in the Preferences menu.

1 Like

It would be neat if there was an opacity slider option for the theme so you could see background things in the background but with some amount of opacity that could be adjustable from a slider in the themes.

Can you elaborate?

i see you active all of a sudden,new version in new year??I have my eye on you.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love builtin spectograms & oscilloscopes as effects so you can insert them anywhere in your signal chain. Ofc I can use external plugins for that but having something native that integrates well would be really handy.

5 Likes

Bass mono switch in the gainer with selectable frequency crossover

7 Likes

I hoping for an important detail.
A name of current project in work area. Somewhere in top of frame.

1 Like