What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

more than only bugfixes.

3 Likes

Ok Thx for clearing that mate. :slight_smile:

Multitrack recording, I use Renoise to sequence my modular synthesizer and would like to be able to record each input on my soundcard simultaneously.

3 Likes

Being able to optionally set an additional VST3 path, I know Steinberg wants us to have a universally agreed on location, but in the case your main drive is having less and less space left, being able to set another path would be very useful.

Renoise allows you to route each instrument to a specific track, and allows you to route each MIDI input to an instrument.

For example, if you have 4 MIDI devices, you should be able to record 4 instruments on 4 separate tracks simultaneously.

To do this go to the MIDI/Monitor tab of the Renoise Instrument Editor. On the left set ā€œInput Deviceā€ and ā€œAssigned Trackā€. Is this what you are asking for?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, well ā€“ what you described is the MIDI setup right? This is not the problem and works as intended for me. What iā€™m talking about is commiting to audio and recording sound incoming on multiple tracks, or rather, into multiple samples/audio files. I can set up and monitor multiple tracks using routing > Line input just fine but the sampler is set up in such a way that I am only able to record either one input (using either L or R) or a stereo pair, as far as Iā€™m aware.

Ah, forgive my confusion. I suppose this should allow you to configure several entries in ā€œPreferences/Audio/In deviceā€, with In device 1, In device 2, In device 3, In device 4ā€¦ and also adapt the ā€œSample Recorderā€ tool, to be able to route each entry to a specific track.

I think this feature can only be available under the hood of Renoise, modifying what was described above. Not even the API for Lua tools has access to this.

It is a workaround, but how about putting a vst recording plugin on any track which you want to have recorded? Something like Voxengoā€™s free recording plugin (Voxengo Recorder - Audio Track/Bus Recording/Routing Plugin VST).

Hopefully there is a way to midi trigger and midi stop the start button from within Renoise so you can automate & sync the process across tracks. Iā€™ve used the free recorder from anarchy software in the past which also might work, but canā€™t find a dl link real quick.
Sound Recorder (https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sound-recorder-by-anarchy-sound-software)

2 Likes

A pattern command for ā€˜highlight linesā€™ or at least some way of automating them

Not sure if i just missed it so far and it already works but when using vst instruments and wanting to automate parameters to just have some kind of ā€œlearnā€ functionality so i can just click on the knob or parameter i want to automate and not have to search for it in the endless list of possible parameters to automate. kinda like in fl studio.

1 Like

Automation ā€˜Searchā€™ tool can help with this @Apticx :

1 Like

Same thing I always say:
Improve Renoise as a tool for live looping. With a few simple tweaks Renoise could be an industry-leading option for performers who want to combine audio recorded in the moment with pre built song structures.

A simple ā€œrecord audio and automatically add a C4 at line 00ā€ button is such an easy upgrade that could open new use cases for the DAW.

Iā€™m lamenting the loss of ZenAudio ALK, that allowed you to build timelines complete with blocks that ā€œpunch in/out recordā€ on a given track so you could build up looped performances out of different instruments, combining the best features of a looper and a sequencer:

A simple track command like [start/end recording loop here] could be placed within the Renoise timeline, and any audio or midi input captured on that track with the active instrument could be automatically looped within the region of the pattern between the start and end commands. That would be FOOKINā€™ BANANAS and not too far off from Renoiseā€™s current functionality.

Please consider, thanks!

4 Likes

good old automation on everything - more modular - free running LFOs (they are allready in the sampler) - individual TPL per track - change sound on metronome - LFOs to modulate everything - groups on sends? - more effects and meta devices - a digital delay that does not pitch shift - (graphic coding environment to build anything, synths, effects, event generators, everything compatible with everything) - audio visualization on tracks - remap different notes to different instruments - change sample buffer size while playing and writing in buffer - multitrack recording - shift key to select multiple tracks (so you can change the volume on multiple tracks by change the volume on one track) - ring modulator with optional modulator input - comb filter and ring modulator with Hz modulator - #send that send back to any track, maybe via a #Line input :slight_smile:

Would be nice or how about a new simple Mastering screen where it will work on a quick render of the song?

I donā€™t enjoy that Renoise currently add the quite large latency of disabled mastering plugins and also some people still donā€™t have the latest CPUs so it could save them some CPU headache.

It doesnā€™t have to be fancy, just a render functionality and keep FX separate from the song, so when you are composing the Mastering plugins are properly parked and vice versa to keep the CPU working less and have less latency.

1 Like

Agreed, but the mastering thing could be then done with a tool, where you add devices to a group which are part of the mastering. Then you simply could disable/enable the group. Renoise still needs the base functionality for parking, it is not implemented yet.

first post here. hi :slight_smile:

Iā€™m finally learning renoise properly. couldnā€™t get my head around it beforeā€¦ till having the M8. renoise has clicked now.

id love a fx command list pop-up. hotkey make it pop up kinda thing. basically like m8. then be able to adjust values with hotkey & arrows (value stepper script).

entering manually is probably faster for most users here, I just find the dirtywave approach to fx entry really simple & elegant.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s this for now;

3 Likes

cheers Jonas, thanks for the reply.

i find entering commands manually quicker than the current fx list. tbh what Iā€™m asking for probably isnā€™t that practical in renoise. I just need to get quicker & more comfortable at navigating.

manual entry is fairly quick anyway innā€™it. and along with right click dsp parameters to enter values, & the value stepper script (love that thing) itā€™s pretty damn good as is I suppose.

1 Like

I wonder if New Tool: Keybindings Speed Bar speed bar does this, or could?

1. Full support to load xrns from OSX to PC and PC to OSX without ā€œcant find vstā€
    the same VSTiā€™s can not loaded if we want to collab other artistā€¦ !.we lost every vsti and presets.!

only PCtoPC and OSXtoOSX works.

1. New browser and more preset storage the 4 slots and or Detachable.

2. better search in dps|vst section, not if you scroll down then search the first find is unseen need to scroll up every new search!!! again an againā€¦

3. Better Pattern Sequencer view with basic informations, like beats and bars and so onā€¦

4. Custom colorized sections in pattern matrix and markers and multiple regions to easy loop sections

5. in track automation view and edit option

6. vertical waveform display (o.O)

7. note lenght in pattern view, if note-off is present, like a 25% alpha section or somethingā€¦ or a line like this:

D#4
||
||
||
OFF

just a short list :smiley:

6 Likes