•••Zensphere's Renoise Tutorials•••

Another good process and video.
Congratulations and thanks

1 Like

Weird,unless the minimum has a value of 1,the lfo seems to continue to climb,and with a maximum value of 255 it only reaches -0.36 db or thereabouts.I came across something similar to this before,im not sure if i was microtuning or what,but i could not hit a zero point exactly before,it was always slightly off.

1 Like

Mr Zensphere:

• Slaps the roof of Renoise *

“This little baby can hold so many hacks AND workarounds”

2 Likes

lol, too true :laughing:

@ToybOx yeah, it’s strange. I don’t believe I’ve encountered this behavior before. Since you said it seems to climb continually, it makes me wonder if maybe the lfo is almost but not quite at -inf, even though it’s showing it. or maybe there’s a rounding error somewhere or something

Inspired by the discussion in the other thread about free-running lfos…
This method is decidely not polyphonic, but still useful :slight_smile:

4 Likes
3 Likes

probably nothing anyone here really needs, but putting together a series of beginner’s tutorials for renoise

11 Likes

I believe many will benefit from this including me.

2 Likes

May I suggest either encapsulating the Gainer by itself within a Doofer or insert Hydra in between the LFO and Gainer for more precise control? Precisely controlling Gainer with LFO has always been a nagging problem for me since the inception of Renoise 3 that I mostly forgo using the Gainer module by itself.

2 Likes

yes, agreed. the hydra is a “cleaner” method for precise control, but the 25%, 12.5% method is adequate for the quick and dirty :slight_smile:

part deux :v:

5 Likes
6 Likes

I’m happy to inform that I configured Sapphire Bot to send us notifications for your Renoise tutorials in the Trackercorps server :laughing:

Also tracking (pun intended) tutorials by Groovin in G and the official Renoise channel!

5 Likes

Dope, thanks!

Now you know how I got Renoise.
I just search for next movie The Matrix. Then I got result Matrix Renoise. I was pretty sure - it is a movie… and this how I stuck in Matrix or Renoise…
:laughing:

7 Likes

Finally I understood how the pattern matrix is working and learned a few functions I wasn’t aware of before. :slight_smile:

Please keep doing more beginners tutorials! :+1:

1 Like

Planning on it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

in response to @GroovinG 's resampling technique video
shout outs to @joule @Raul and @fladd for the tools that make these techniques possible

6 Likes

I was gonna shout “what, what, what!?!” in Kyle’s mom’s voice from South Park, when you mentioned 3rd party tools. But you mean Renoise tools. That’s fine. Lucky me! That means I don’t have to unsubscribe and protest you with pitchforks. :wink:

I’m excited about the possible new features of Renoise!

Anyway, Render Slots looks very useful! And indeed, I did not know about it. Your doofer looks interesting as well.

2 Likes