•••Zensphere's Renoise Tutorials•••

:v::alien:

14 Likes
12 Likes

Nice!! All this time I used the convolution reverb for unique reverbs

1 Like

Yeah, there’s tons more you can with it. Suuuper useful device

Yet another good one!

I’ve had a lot of fun & success with using animal sounds as impulse response. I especially like to use snarls & growls on percussive sounds. I find it gives them a bit more texture. Was one of the less obvious ways I snuck in a cat into my submission to MBC14. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

just wanted to say, these tutorials are extremely amazing and severely helpful. I thank you very much for doing stuff like this. Keep up the great stuff!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! Will do :metal::alien:

2 Likes

hey all, it’s been a minute, but hoping to get back in the swing of making videos more regularly again.
Yes, it’s another sidechain method video, lol, but I think this is the way to go for sidechain ducking (for me at least - maybe for you, too!)

here are the files for free for forum peepz if you want to try this method out
KeyTracked Sidechain.xrnt (9.4 KB)
SC RECEIVER.xrdp (6.5 KB)

peace :v::alien:

9 Likes

Very cool! I mostly use the signal follower to “side-chain”, which works but it can be a hassle to get it to behave the way I want. I tried the keytracking method once and didn’t get it to work. Suspect that might have been due to it receiving the same data over and over again. Gonna try that random input. Thanks MrZensphere!

1 Like
5 Likes

Another good process and video.
Congratulations and thanks

1 Like

Weird,unless the minimum has a value of 1,the lfo seems to continue to climb,and with a maximum value of 255 it only reaches -0.36 db or thereabouts.I came across something similar to this before,im not sure if i was microtuning or what,but i could not hit a zero point exactly before,it was always slightly off.

1 Like

Mr Zensphere:

• Slaps the roof of Renoise *

“This little baby can hold so many hacks AND workarounds”

2 Likes

lol, too true :laughing:

@ToybOx yeah, it’s strange. I don’t believe I’ve encountered this behavior before. Since you said it seems to climb continually, it makes me wonder if maybe the lfo is almost but not quite at -inf, even though it’s showing it. or maybe there’s a rounding error somewhere or something

Inspired by the discussion in the other thread about free-running lfos…
This method is decidely not polyphonic, but still useful :slight_smile:

4 Likes
3 Likes

probably nothing anyone here really needs, but putting together a series of beginner’s tutorials for renoise

11 Likes

I believe many will benefit from this including me.

2 Likes

May I suggest either encapsulating the Gainer by itself within a Doofer or insert Hydra in between the LFO and Gainer for more precise control? Precisely controlling Gainer with LFO has always been a nagging problem for me since the inception of Renoise 3 that I mostly forgo using the Gainer module by itself.

2 Likes

yes, agreed. the hydra is a “cleaner” method for precise control, but the 25%, 12.5% method is adequate for the quick and dirty :slight_smile: