3.0.1 for registered users (was beta - now released)

We’re in the middle of the Redux and Renoise 3.1 release, so we haven’t had much time to test the pending fixes for Renoise 3.0 which are now floating around for a while. Thus we’d thought it’s probably a good idea to make a small beta test for the upcoming 3.0.1 release before making it public.

Registered users only:

To download a preview version of 3.0.1, log intohttps://backstage.renoise.com, then click on this link here:https://backstage.renoise.com/app/userArea/releases/BetaReleases

What’s new :

3.0.1 contains bug fixes only, no feature changes. 3.1 will be the next release with feature changes.

• fixed startup problems with the plugin bridge on some systems (could happen when for example the arial.ttf font is missing)

• relatime recording of notes (with the computer keyboard or MIDI) often was a bit off in 3.0. This should be fixed now, at least should be better now.

• many NI VST plugins tend to crash on OSX when opening and closing its external editor very very quickly. This is not a Renoise bug, happens in every host, but happened quite easily in Renoise when quickly scrolling though the instrument list. Should happen less often now.

• fixed a few quirks and crashes in the Lua API

• fixed various small issues with phrases and auto-seek (phrases should never be auto-seeked)

Seehttps://forum.renoise.com/c/help-support-bugs/pending-bug-fixesfor the complete list of fixes please.

If everything looks good, we’ll publish the 3.0.1 builds officially end of next week.

Found an issue? Then please reply to this topic here to report.

Thanks for the help!

Cool,

at first boot nothing happened, looked like the shortcut icon didn’t connect correctly, second try the same. Looking in the task manager I could see 2 opened instances, closing these and trying again did show the boot logo + this notice;

'C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.1\Scripts\Tools\de.johann-lau.RunCommandsOnSelection.xrnx' failed to load.

Please remove this tool or contact the author (Johann [johann@johann-lau.de]) for assistance…

main.lua:8: module ‘processing’ not found:

no field package.preload[‘processing’]

no file ‘.\processing.lua’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\lua\processing.lua’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\lua\processing\init.lua’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\processing.lua’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\processing\init.lua’

no file ‘C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.1\Scripts\Libraries\processing.lua’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\processing.lua’

no file ‘.\processing.dll’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\processing.dll’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\loadall.dll’

no file ‘C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.1\Scripts\Libraries\processing.dll’

no file ‘C:\Program Files~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ\Renoise 3.0.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\processing.dll’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘require’

main.lua:8: in main chunk

edit;

bunch of tools seem to have disappeared, for instance automasher . Dunno if these are all tools I manually updated the manifest for to make work, but the tools tree in the scripting editor looks convoluted/weird as well;

Inside user scripts there is a tools tree, but also a scripts toggle which has more tools in it(old scripts not listed in the tool browser). and another scripts & tools inside it. Xzibit inception treel

Looks like every time I install a new version of Renoise all tools are copied, but something goes wrong? How should this tree look?

@Djorek:

Have you manually created (sym/hard)links to other tool folders in your Renoise preferences “Scripts” folder?

The Scripts folder in the preferences should contain one Tools folder only, so:

+RENOISE_PREFS_ROOT
 +Scripts
   +Tools
   InstalledTool1.xrnx
       InstalledTool2.xrnx
       ---
    TestPad.lua
 +User Themes
+User Something...
 Config.xml

@Djorek:

Have you manually created (sym/hard)links to other tool folders in your Renoise preferences “Scripts” folder?

The Scripts folder in the preferences should contain one Tools folder only, so:

+RENOISE_PREFS_ROOT
+Scripts
+Tools
InstalledTool1.xrnx
InstalledTool2.xrnx
---
TestPad.lua
+User Themes
+User Something...
Config.xml

Nope, wouldn’t know how to do such a thing. Thanks for the example, I will do some cutting and pasting.

No problems with 3.0.1. :slight_smile:

Me too.

Already giving it a thrashing and no problems here with 3.0.1.

AAW jisss overdubbing now works great!

Thanks for testing!

There seem to be some troubles with Renoise 3.0 on OSX Yosemite. 64bit build doesn’t even start.

We’ve fixed this already here, but will need a bit more time to verify overall compatibility with Yosemite. Will then release 3.0.1 officially.

@Djeroek: found out what was causing this tools issue and managed to fix it?

There seem to be some troubles with Renoise 3.0 on OSX Yosemite. 64bit build doesn’t even start.

We’ve fixed this already here, but will need a bit more time to verify overall compatibility with Yosemite. Will then release 3.0.1 officially.

Startup problems on Yosemite luckily fixed themselves with a Yosemite update, but the plugin servers are not working on Yosemite. Will need a bit more time to research and fix this problem, but we’re on it…

about to run 64bit renoise3.0.1 with OS X Yosemite Beta. let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

Startup problems on Yosemite luckily fixed themselves with a Yosemite update, but the plugin servers are not working on Yosemite. Will need a bit more time to research and fix this problem, but we’re on it…

This luckily fixed itself in the last Yosemite beta (beta 3) too…

Has anyone any issues with Renoise 3 on Yosemite which we should take care of then?

If not, we’ll release 3.0.1 as it is then.

Working fine on mine.

(Linux Mint 17 64bit)

Cheers :smiley:

Could you fix this problem, that if I click a device in the mixer or in the instrument effect view, the position in the horizontal effect bar below will be randomly. On the second click it then jumps to the position of the clicked device.

You also forgot this bug: https://forum.renoise.com/t/meta-lfo-looses-destination-device-parameter-when-loading-presets/41710

And btw. could you add the math device as a regular device? It’s quite complicated to enable it. As far as I know I always have to copy paste some xml. Or some “legacy device mode” in the options that brings back math device and also all legacy devices…

Thanks for the beta test.

I’m getting an error window when opening a song created with 3.0.0 that still load and play perfectly in 3.0.0.

Here is the message:

Failed to initialize the audio plugin server: "DirectInput: “DirectInputCreate” failed!’.

failed.jpg

I’m on win7 64 ultimate… Renoise runs with admin rights

I have around 10 external audio plugins and 5 vstI loaded.

Is there any way I could provide you with more info to help to solve that?

Thanks Taktik!

You also forgot this bug: https://forum.renoise.com/t/meta-lfo-looses-destination-device-parameter-when-loading-presets/41710

See answer in the linked thread please.

Thanks for the beta test.

I’m getting an error window when opening a song created with 3.0.0 that still load and play perfectly in 3.0.0.

Here is the message:

Failed to initialize the audio plugin server: "DirectInput: “DirectInputCreate” failed!'.

I’m on win7 64 ultimate… Renoise runs with admin rights

I have around 10 external audio plugins and 5 vstI loaded.

Is there any way I could provide you with more info to help to solve that?

Thanks Taktik!

Are you using plugin servers (bridged plugins) in 3.0.0 too or only in 3.0.1? Are 3.0.1 and 3.0.0 both 32 or 64bit? Does it work when not running Renoise as admin?

Please also post your Renoise log files. Maybe they can give us a few more hints here. You’ll find them in:

“%APPDATA%/Renoise/V3.0.1/Log.txt” and

“%APPDATA%/Renoise Plugin Server/V3.0.1/Log.txt”

(Enter this path without the quotes into Explorer’s address bar on top to locate the log files).

@ Taktik Its the same setup for both 3.0.0 and 3.0.1. Bridged plugins for both and 64 bit.

I will try tonight running it not as admin and send you the logs.

Danke sheun,

Unfortunately could not find out what’s causing this “DirectInput:DirectInputCreate” error on Woodpecking Mantis’s machine.

Does anyone else have troubles with the plugin bridge in Renoise 3.0.1 on Windows? Tested it on a few machines here and it seems to work fine here on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

win7x64 no problems with plugin bridge… i think i should mention that all plugins are portable dlls