3.0.1 for registered users (was beta - now released)

Thanks for testing!

There seem to be some troubles with Renoise 3.0 on OSX Yosemite. 64bit build doesn’t even start.

We’ve fixed this already here, but will need a bit more time to verify overall compatibility with Yosemite. Will then release 3.0.1 officially.

@Djeroek: found out what was causing this tools issue and managed to fix it?

There seem to be some troubles with Renoise 3.0 on OSX Yosemite. 64bit build doesn’t even start.

We’ve fixed this already here, but will need a bit more time to verify overall compatibility with Yosemite. Will then release 3.0.1 officially.

Startup problems on Yosemite luckily fixed themselves with a Yosemite update, but the plugin servers are not working on Yosemite. Will need a bit more time to research and fix this problem, but we’re on it…

about to run 64bit renoise3.0.1 with OS X Yosemite Beta. let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

Startup problems on Yosemite luckily fixed themselves with a Yosemite update, but the plugin servers are not working on Yosemite. Will need a bit more time to research and fix this problem, but we’re on it…

This luckily fixed itself in the last Yosemite beta (beta 3) too…

Has anyone any issues with Renoise 3 on Yosemite which we should take care of then?

If not, we’ll release 3.0.1 as it is then.

Working fine on mine.

(Linux Mint 17 64bit)

Cheers :smiley:

Could you fix this problem, that if I click a device in the mixer or in the instrument effect view, the position in the horizontal effect bar below will be randomly. On the second click it then jumps to the position of the clicked device.

You also forgot this bug: https://forum.renoise.com/t/meta-lfo-looses-destination-device-parameter-when-loading-presets/41710

And btw. could you add the math device as a regular device? It’s quite complicated to enable it. As far as I know I always have to copy paste some xml. Or some “legacy device mode” in the options that brings back math device and also all legacy devices…

Thanks for the beta test.

I’m getting an error window when opening a song created with 3.0.0 that still load and play perfectly in 3.0.0.

Here is the message:

Failed to initialize the audio plugin server: "DirectInput: “DirectInputCreate” failed!’.

failed.jpg

I’m on win7 64 ultimate… Renoise runs with admin rights

I have around 10 external audio plugins and 5 vstI loaded.

Is there any way I could provide you with more info to help to solve that?

Thanks Taktik!

You also forgot this bug: https://forum.renoise.com/t/meta-lfo-looses-destination-device-parameter-when-loading-presets/41710

See answer in the linked thread please.

Thanks for the beta test.

I’m getting an error window when opening a song created with 3.0.0 that still load and play perfectly in 3.0.0.

Here is the message:

Failed to initialize the audio plugin server: "DirectInput: “DirectInputCreate” failed!'.

I’m on win7 64 ultimate… Renoise runs with admin rights

I have around 10 external audio plugins and 5 vstI loaded.

Is there any way I could provide you with more info to help to solve that?

Thanks Taktik!

Are you using plugin servers (bridged plugins) in 3.0.0 too or only in 3.0.1? Are 3.0.1 and 3.0.0 both 32 or 64bit? Does it work when not running Renoise as admin?

Please also post your Renoise log files. Maybe they can give us a few more hints here. You’ll find them in:

“%APPDATA%/Renoise/V3.0.1/Log.txt” and

“%APPDATA%/Renoise Plugin Server/V3.0.1/Log.txt”

(Enter this path without the quotes into Explorer’s address bar on top to locate the log files).

@ Taktik Its the same setup for both 3.0.0 and 3.0.1. Bridged plugins for both and 64 bit.

I will try tonight running it not as admin and send you the logs.

Danke sheun,

Unfortunately could not find out what’s causing this “DirectInput:DirectInputCreate” error on Woodpecking Mantis’s machine.

Does anyone else have troubles with the plugin bridge in Renoise 3.0.1 on Windows? Tested it on a few machines here and it seems to work fine here on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

win7x64 no problems with plugin bridge… i think i should mention that all plugins are portable dlls

I upgraded to 3.0.1 because I’m having an issue with 3.0

My OS is win7 64bit. Every application used are 32bit. I tested on 2 different computers.

The issue is with Rewire and only happens between Max and Renoise.I remember posting about something similar but I don’t remember the outcome (aside from when I forgot to use Rewire In device in Renoise)

When I use Max as a master and Renoise as a slave, Renoise instantly jumps to 70%+ CPU usage. Trying to use this setup a bit will quickly make this jump to 99.9% CPU usage.

I know max can be tricky and varies a lot depending on the patches you use. I did my tests with the Rewire~ help patch so it’s as clean as it could get.

Here is what I also tested to isolate the issue:

• Max Master with Live Slave: works
  • Live Master with Renoise Slave: works
  • Renoise Master with Max Slave: works

With all that, the only thing I did not test was my sound interface. It turns out everything seems to run fine when I’m not using ASIO.

I know this is a pretty unique issue and you might not be able to do anything about it but I figure I would report it.

Are there some known GUI issues when using nvidia gtx 670 cards and the latest drivers, e. g. crackling sound when using the mouse to cross over the gui?

Published 3.0.1 now, so it’s visible in the backstage as stable release now.

@JBL: will check what causes the high CPU load with Max. Probably max is calling Renoise with very very small buffer sizes (1 sample?). But then this overhead should affect other ReWire slaves too.
Probably makes more sense to run Max as slave anyway?

Great, anything new compared to the beta?

A rough roadmap for 3.1 / redux 1.0?

Can you give us some information about the progress?

• relatime recording of notes (with the computer keyboard or MIDI) often was a bit off in 3.0. This should be fixed now, at least should be better now.

I just tried this quickly and it seems massively improved. As someone who has only really used v3 this is a fix for something I didn’t realize was broken.

Great, anything new compared to the beta?

Fixed following issues after the first 3.0.1 beta:

Signal Follower Filter with Mono Inputs

Muted track groups do not mute MIDI instruments playback

Enforce real-time rendering with #ReWire-In devices

For a complete list of changes, see the Bug fix archive please.

Relevant issues have been tagged with [fixed 3.0.1]

A rough roadmap for 3.1 / redux 1.0?

Can you give us some information about the progress?

Hehe :slight_smile: