Config Settings For Master Spectrum

could that cool scope next to the spectrum have full lines instead of dots while in maximized mode? :)

this would be cool.

sure but full lines for the scope would be fun :)

found this thread through random searching on the topic… seems there is a bit of chatter about many different ways to improve it.

I would like to suggest making it available as a DSP device. It would be quite handy to find out exactly what’s happening to the spectrum at different points in the chain. Maybe something already exists in the form of a vst, but from what I’m imagining based on absolutely nothing about the code of teh program, it wouldn’t be too hard to reuse the existing chunk of program.

I’m not going to weigh in on upgrading the spectrum analyser, I’d just like to stick it in more places. That sounds wrong.

Quite easy to do that. Set it to look at an empty Send. Have Post Volume set to -inf. Add Send Device pointing to that send where you want to monitor it.

As a DSP Device may be slightly more obvious to some, especially as the Devs could make it so you can never have more than one (always having it go to ChB for EG) whereas you would need to remember to tidy up after yourself using a Send.

Obviously (?) this is how I’m doing it currently… Major setback is that there is no way to actively compare the spectrum before and after an effect in the DSP chain. Unfortunately my memory of the movement of fast-moving lines isn’t the greatest, so it’s not much good to me being able to look at each stage serially…