Dead Dog'S Renoise Competition Round 14

summons Moss for a good old fasioned Larynx compo :lol:

Ahh shit! I just made a tune with my voice! I’ve left my microphone in Sligo! Bollocks!

Fuck
Yes
So
Down
Doing this!

that’s actually a nice title for a song using just your voice. maybe you should consider it.

i’ve fought through a night lacking of inspiration and came out the winner with some really cool samples and a pretty cool song. still tweaking it and all, but this competition round is really one of the best (imo) in terms of rules. said it before, but i don’t mind.

That’s why we had larynx beats compo’s a while back :lol:

Yeah did think of those when the rule was first mentioned, forgot it was Moss who ran them, not seen or heard from him in ages!

Some of the links are still alive so may be good for ideas. Think it had the rule “sounds had to be recognisable” unlike this one though…

I’ve recorded everything with a crappy SM58 i found in a dumpster, it hasn’t got very good dynamic range, but i’m surprised how great sounds i could make anyway, the drum sounds better than most sample packs and my lead and bass are so much more organic and dynamic than my usual chip sounds.
I also found out that “out of tune” is not nessesarily a bad thing. :P

@TheBellows: yeah that one kickdrum sound i made with my throat sounds absolutely awesome (after i filtered out all of the low frequency noise and stuff from the recording)!

You should hear my snare! :lol:
I really have no idea i could make such sound with my mouth, but some compressing and layering does wonders.

Did you filter out the low frequencies in the bdrum? :P

hehehe, yeah i know how it sounds but i’m talking about the sub-bass frequencies that were rumbling away down there because of, well, i don’t know, something to do with the way i recorded it. i never record stuff so i’m not sure what i’m talking about here. anyway, rest assured that the bassdrum still has enough bass (and drum for that matter).

submitted! (i won’t say yet again how awesome this round is/was. people get tired of hearing it)

Hope people are getting on well and enjoying this (if not the sunshine.)

Just a bit of a reminder deadline is Tuesday this time, not the usual Thursday, so don’t forget to submit your work on time ;)

I’m almost finished with mine, but i’m thinking about making it a longer as it’s a bit short at the moment. Also the sound is not optimal and i have made such a mess so it’s hard to fix.
May i ask how many has submitted so far?

Only our furry friend above so far but it’s very rare to get many in before the end of the weekend at least.

Ok, let’s hope the submissions will roll in pretty soon then.

i think i’m the first to submit on maybe 9 out of 10 rounds i join. this week was special as i was free, so no need to wait for the weekend to do the tracking.

I think i’m going insane, why the hell won’t that lead go to the left?

maybe phase issues? track sended to a reverb with large width ? stereo expander ?

I think it must have been a bug of some sort, i went back to another save and there were no problems there. I think it may have solved itself when i reloaded ASIO, not exactly shure.
All send tracks and the main track itself showed the left channel several decibel louder than then the right channel, still it was way louder on the right side in the master. :unsure:

Don’t forget deadline is tomorrow :)