Faster Release Cycle

I think some of you (Foo? and Bungle) are over-reacting here. The words by taktik are not so harsh in my opinion: he is working hard and, as he said, Renoise 2.5 has been released 3 months ago.

Foo?, Your idea may be thought out as you say, but since you don’t know how much complex the addition of new features will be in 2.6, you don’t have been given any release date for it, and you also don’t know which features other than scripting are about to be added, how can you think that we are going to wait another year for the next release?
You even don’t know if the number of people involved into coding Renoise is still the same since last version.

Share your thoughts with us, then, otherwise we cannot understand the benefits of your point of view.

I don’t think people is slagging you off: this is pretty standard forum humour where nothing personal was said against you.

Plase thikn twice, If you are going to leave the community.

Taktik is still leading in what happens despite whatever alpha tester or team-member states around here.
If you read Taktik’s reply a little more closely, you find Taktik is also only expressing his opinion from his position and it is good argumented as well. Taktik is just as entitled to give his opinion as Foo is to give his. Though opening discussions about release schedules will always remain touching a sensitive point in programmer world, that goes for any software developer. If you know what programming is about, you know that clarity for release-scheduling will in generic stay wishful thinking and very hard to persue.

I do agree that team-members and alpha testers should be more careful for what they write around here and specially not using knowledge and their position to return harsh comments upon anything here.

The scripting might remove the need for this kind of suggested release strategy which is at least also the purpose: removing pressure off less relevant areas so there can be more focus to the more important and bigger features.

n/m.

I don’t think anyone was slagging Foo off at all.
Since this is a place where I feel I can freely contribute an opinion, I will say that I have been very pleased with the release frequency so far. Obviously I am excited about the upcoming known and unknown 2.6 features, but I want to be able to dive into them without wasting time on bugs etc etc. Also, I imagine writing the documentation for this particular update may take a little more time than usual. Solid “X.x” releases make a world of difference; They maintain the aesthetic of this site, they look and feel professional, they ablate backwards and forwards compatibility issues, we get more bang for our buck, and they prevent me from adding any more time to my already unhealthy obsession with these forums. ^_^

I see no reason for you to feel hurt at all Foo. Taktik and team are doing a great job on a great product. His response may have been a little kurt, but it was authoritative, not directed and to be honest that’s a good virtue for a team leader to have. Rock on :yeah:

My 10 Kazillion Cents: SLOWER RELEASE CYCLES!

RElax REnoizrz.

Let’z rock it hard and rocksolid with version 2.5 for the next 10 years :D

Bruce-Serious-Lee: don’t hurry, be happy.

Simply keep making music and don’t waste your time waiting for something - just be happy when it suddenly appears and then grab it with a smile.

Ah, earlier I didn’t mean brevity. I meant genial or geniality, pleasantness, camaraderie, friendliness.

Anyway,
this is the 2.6 announcement taken from the beginning of 2.5 beta testing date.

Just looking through that quote is delicious.

Okay, I figured it out.

The Open Sound Control support is using the LUA implementation.

I remember when Taktik asked about scripting, everyone said yes, but I have no idea how I would find that thread, so

and

haha

I’m with Taktik too, as is everyone else Tehnik.

You don’t get anywhere standing in one spot.

[center]Once again this has gotten way out of hand and feelings have been hurt. Foo? man, purpose your idea in full, otherwise it’s just another finger being pointed at another dev that works his hardest for us the people. And the people see it as an idea with no bearing. My intentions are not to offend atall and I really respect your influence and knowledge here. I would really love to hear your stance and opinion in full Foo? and chances are I would even see your side and respect where your coming from. That’s about it for me in this topic.

Kodos!

_o0m[/center]

hi, welcum 2 the inet! (=

learn to ignore stuff you don’t like or you just might rage quit ur life, bro.

well, i think its time for me to step up …

im the official Thread- killer here! (actually the second, right behind choice)

theres nothing more to say …

I see your thread derail and raise you one I am no longer part of the Renoise team. Worse, the trigger was a rant I did behind the scenes about, pretty much, this issue. The whole dev team was in the meeting last weekend.

Anyway, I didn’t leave on bad terms, but also not the most graceful exit either. I am mostly out because I have a baby so I am re-prioritizing my life, and Renoise forums are like bad drugs that I need to quit cold turkey. (quitting horribly, as you can see by my constant replying; I revoked my own access to the dev section though, which is much harder crack for me)

This thread is really bad timing, Foo? They call me mr parade rainer…

EDIT: Edit stamps! How I missed thee. :)

:lol: :lol:

Conner_Bw, no regrets. :)

You did a hell of a lot for renoise and it’s community.
I think every OS X renoise user has you to thank.

Thanks dude.

p.s. you don’t have to reply.

Neither over reacting or commenting on Taktiks words, I think he is a great developer please don’t put words in my mouth, I have never (As far as i know) seen one comment by him i would say was even harsh, Sometimes he gets excited (Thinking 2.6 quick release here) but who doesn’t when they have something cool they are working on ???

Again for the record , I never quoted or commented on Taktiks replies , more the replies of the overzealous ass hats
We are a short step away from becoming similar to the Reaper forum here and even though it has its useful line of information through the bullshit there is still a lot of bullshit
We aren’t quite there yet here but we are stepping towards it (As an example, How many useless images posted in this thread ? )

B

look, if you have a specific issue with something specific address it specificially. passive-aggressive leads nowhere.

(they’re not useless, they’re just lost on you)