Keyboard in Edit / Mix tab

What about adding the keyboard from the Sampler / Plugin / Midi Tab to the Edit and Mix Tab by putting a button in the left bottom corner? I would use this mostly in Edit tab.

It could show me the current active note scale and also notes with phrases for the current selected instrument.

Something like in the phrase editor (see attachment).

¡Congratulation to Renoise Team by Renoise 3.1! Great job!!! (I’ll put this sentence always intervene).

I really like this idea. I said something similar, but puttingabovetheVirtual Piano, and the piano keys work with the left mouse button to record in the Pattern Editor. So the piano would be very useful for locating notes,especially with complex instruments.

• **Virtual Piano swap between windows (below Pattern Editor / Mixer).**It will allow more vertical space in theSampler (in Phrases, Keyzones, Waveform, Modulation, Effects… all).Not to repeat2 pianoson2 monitors.
  • Add Mouse Click Left in Virtual Piano for write the note in Pattern Editor. Let’s do thePiano Virtual, something more useful.

I will develop a bit with screenshots how would. Not to repeat 2 pianos on 2 monitors.

PIANO IN EDIT / MIX TAB - PART 01 of 05

1A) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + PHRASES

• Piano in Phrases (or Keyzones, Waveform, Modulation, Effects | Pluggin, MIDI)

5999 01-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

Note: Piano Button disabled

1B) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + PHRASES

• Piano in Pattern Editor

6000 02-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

Note:Piano Button activated

SCREENSHOT ZOOM

6001 01-02-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

PIANO IN EDIT / MIX TAB - PART 02 of 05

2) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). MIX + PHRASES

• Piano in Mix

6002 03-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

3) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + KEYZONES

6003 04-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

SCREENSHOT ZOOM

6004 03-04-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

PIANO IN EDIT / MIX TAB - PART 03 of 05

4) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + WAVEFORM

6005 05-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

5) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + MODULATION

6006 06-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

SCREENSHOT ZOOM

6007 05-06-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

PIANO IN EDIT / MIX TAB - PART 04 of 05

7) Dual Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR + EFFECTS

6009 07-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

SCREENSHOT ZOOM + COLOR KEY PIANO CORRECTION (key sounding)

6010 07-07-piano-swap-dual-monitor.png

PIANO IN EDIT / MIX TAB - PART 05 of 05

8) Single Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor NOT Separate Window). MIXER

• Piano in Mixer

6011 08-piano-swap-single-monitor.png

9) Single Mode Monitor (Instrument Editor NOT Separate Window). PATTERN EDITOR

6012 09-piano-swap-single-monitor.png

• Piano in Pattern Editor + Add function “Left Click Mouse in keys Piano, write in Pattern Editor” (& Phrases Editor)

6013 09a-piano-swap-single-monitor.png

10) THE BUTTON (Piano in Pattern Editor / Mixer)

6014 10-piano-swap-button.png

The button that gives power to space!!! ^^_

All this help a lot to compose and have much more room for everything,and the piano+mouse would be more functional.I hope everything is integratedwhen it is possible…It would be a luxury!!!

What for do I need this piano visualization?

See the current active note scale, phrases assigned to keys, highlighting keys where samples are mapped on, in drumkit mode show sample labels (to easily show you where the kick, snare, hithat etc. are mapped) … Just some examples.

Everything useful for the current selected instrument. So i dont need to switch to the Sampler Tab.

A piano view is sometimes more useful, than the track dsp pane or track automation pane, when you are just doing melodies or a beat.

The button that gives power to space!!!

Heck, we shouldn’t miss such an opportunity!!

Seriously, it’s an interesting idea to have a piano in thelower panel.
Like toimp points out, it provides context - a lot of visual clues about the selected instrument. And access to phrases :slight_smile:

Not sure if it could make it into this beta, but then, we never really know.
What I DO know is that you (Raul) are juggling a lot of inter-related concepts in that other topic you created (and while some have been addressed in 3.1, there are still plenty to think, talk about).

Props for doing this, I only wish that you get this term straight:
Page Editor = Pattern Editor

:yeah:

Props for doing this, I only wish that you get this term straight:
Page Editor = Pattern Editor

Hi danoise! Thank you for correction “Page Editor”, a slip.I usually write more in Spanish…It is already corrected.

Hi Jurek! The idea is not to destroy anything, is to seek utility. The “Virtual Piano + Left Click Mouse Edition in Pattern Editor / Mix”,assist for many things together.This does not change anything, it is added. He loses nothing of what exists, despite appearances.With two monitors you earn a lot of space, also of theutility.It is very useful! It must work well in 1 monitor and 2 monitors.

I like this idea. Not because I would use it extensively, but Renoise has so many cryptic buttons and areas now and features that can make the software.more comprehensible to early beginners seem like a good idea.

I’ll add a pair more news this large suggestion, because this has great potential.To compose with Renoise in Pattern Editor, we can:

1. Edit withalphanumeric keyboard.

2. Edit withalphanumeric keyboard and mouse as a backing.

3. Edit with musical keyboard (MIDI) (REC real time, velocity keys, delay…).

4. Edit with musical keyboard (MIDI) andalphanumeric keyboardas a backing.

5. Edit with musical keyboard (MIDI),alphanumeric keyboard and mouse as a backing.

The VirtualPiano hasalways been used as visual support, is not a pure work tool, you can not edit with him.Besides being a powerful visual tool (for many useful things), it can be a powerful tool for editing , combined with a Left Mouse Click( + alphanumeric keyboard as a backing to move the cursor in the Pattern Editorand to record the note).So it is addedediting tool lacking in Renoise:

1. Edit with virtual Piano + Left Click Mouse (in Pattern Editor and Phrases Editor also). It also allows all commenting for toimp and Danoise.This involves focusing on two things: 1) Virtual Piano, 2) Mouse

But also, It achieves much vertical space around theI** nstrumentEditor (Sampler (Phases, Keyzones, Waveform, Modulation, Effects), Plugin and MIDI also),with many advantages in space and precisionindual monitor (2 monitors or 1 widescreen monitor). But alsoallow more space in the future to add **** new features**.

All this is achieved “onlybyadd a button” (Piano in Pattern Editor / Mix with)as shown in screenshots;a button much power,that does not change anything of Renoise 3.1, it is added and improvement.Such as it is designed Renoise,It should not be difficultto deployquickly…

I prefer that the Renoise Teamwork on polishing Renoise 3.1 as it is, fixing bugs, fine tunning.I do not know if this has a place now.Hopefully!

But seeing the post of toimp ,I did not want to lose the opportunityon a subject as important as this.The screenshots sequence are made to see how it looks, because explain that this is very complex, It is very broad, but they speak for themselves.I hope this is taken as a priority topic someday. When it is possible.

Everything has a purpose, but this has multiple, many.

Great idea.
I would love to see notes of transposed phrases

and scale i use.

and it would help me with chord progressions a lot.

+lots for this idea!

It would certainly trump this:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-virtual-midi-piano-helper/43540

Regarding the two monitor example screenshots, what is the benefit of having the keyboard underneath the pattern editor, when you can just look to your other screen for the same keyboard?

Seriously, it’s an interesting idea to have a piano in thelower panel.
Like toimp points out, it provides context - a lot of visual clues about the selected instrument. And access to phrases :slight_smile:

voxsun optionally shows a keyboard beneath the pattern editor, and it has a feature I particularly like… when you press a key on the keyboard, it stays highlighted. This lets you press a key without entering it into the pattern, and then when you_do_ enable edit mode, you know exactly which key you wanted to enter. Very useful for me since I have a bad memory :slight_smile:

Highlighting the current scale, and patterns, would also be great.

Regarding the two monitor example screenshots, what is the benefit of having the keyboard underneath the pattern editor, when you can just look to your other screen for the same keyboard?

Many,get plenty of space between them!Only this is very important. Also it has to do with the organization, performance and accuracy,besides turning the Virtual Pianoon a EDITOR (not only see, but also work!!!).Open your mind.Read all of this topic. Already he explained amply. It is notonlymoving aVirtual Pianoand you’re done!It has many utilities togetherand kill several birds with one stone…

Look allscreen captures deeper also, they have a logical orderand they say much.In comment** #12** (https://forum.renoise.com/t/keyboard-in-edit-mix-tab/44501)extends the depth of this topic. And it is a very broad topic and advantageous, but not difficult to implement. Also, it does not change anything at all Renoise 3.1 version. It is an important addition,improvement to compose and get more space,for many things,some already mentioned in this post.

Great work @Raul. Greatly explained and presented.

I posted something similar with the Mixer window. Not as eloquently presented but I thin with your suggestion and mines, it would really make Renoise that much more efficient.

Great work @Raul. Greatly explained and presented.

I posted something similar with the Mixer window. Not as eloquently presented but I thin with your suggestion and mines, it would really make Renoise that much more efficient.

Thanks!I can not to do it differently.The solution is simple, but not explain.

voxsun optionally shows a keyboard beneath the pattern editor, and it has a feature I particularly like… when you press a key on the keyboard, it stays highlighted. This lets you press a key without entering it into the pattern, and then when you_do_ enable edit mode, you know exactly which key you wanted to enter…

This could help a lot!!!

6059 09a-piano-swap-single-monitor.png

It’s just making functionalVirtual Piano with the mouse, in edit mode,press a key piano with the mouse (left button), and the note is recorded in the Pattern Editor,where the cursor is. Extremely useful for locating notes!In addition, the piano sounds.

The Virtual Piano + Mouse (+alphanumeric keyboardlike support)would be a wonderful editing tool (not only viewing). This is what is lacking in Renoise.

Allowsflyyour imagination!!

But to create, must be developed what is described in this post: Virtual Piano in Edit/Mix. It is fundamental!

For me it is the main mission of my screenshots, besides getting a huge space around the instrument editor,affecting a large part of Renoise, which is great.

With the alphanumeric keyboard not quickly locate a note for recording, with the mouse yes!! Onlywith an alphanumerickeyboard and mouseyou are morepowerful (with Virtual Piano Editor).