Completely programmed from scratch, the Piano Roll Studio, also known as PRS is a «customizable window tool» with multiple viewing and editing capabilities, focused on the extensive mouse use, exclusive to the DAW Renoise) (64 bit, v3.4.2). PRS is a «classical piano roll» that concentrates its potential in controlling 8 important viewing and editing branches in parallel with Renoise:
- Note monitoring. The PRS allows you to view a complete Pattern-Track with differentiation of Note Columns or an entire Pattern (all existing Note Tracks) to visually understand the composition, using the track colors. It also allows Horizontal Zoom of 24 steps.
- Identification and location of notes and effect parameters. Visually, it is possible to easily jump between the Pattern Editor of Renoise and the Note Editor of the Piano Roll Studio or vice versa, to locate notes and parameters, without getting lost along the way.
- Complete Song Player. PRS allows you to load and play all the Note Blocks of the current, previous and subsequent pattern, allowing you to view all the tracks by layers and superimpose the selected one. This allows you to locate specific notes and jump directly to the Note Editor for editing.
- Complete Note Editor. PRS allows you to edit Note Blocks directly and quickly, individually or in groups, with simple or complex editing operations. Click, drag, stretch, shorten, transpose, translate, everything is possible… even preview notes or chords directly.
- Complete Effects Parameter Editor. PRS allows you to load, insert or edit any type of effect parameter, in the Volume, Pan, Delay, Sample Effects sub-columns or the Effects columns of the tracks. The Parameters Editor (lower panel) is directly linked to the Note Editor (upper Grid) with full correspondence between both. It even allows you to easily create or edit curves with Click and drag. It also allows Vertical Zoom of 3 steps in loop.
- Building and editing of chords through the Piano. PRS works extensively with chords, offering 60 different chords, with a customizable chord groove. Insert or edit chords as if you were only inserting a single note!
- Transposition Scales for note editing. PRS allows you to load and display any Transposition Scale of the instrument for the 10 octaves of the piano, working with both individual notes and chords.
- Magnificent control with a variety of peripherals. The editing and operation of the Piano Roll Studio can be controlled with an alphanumeric keyboard + mouse, with a MIDI controller + mouse, with an alphanumeric keyboard + MIDI controller + mouse. Additionally, the supported mouse (and its software) can use «macros» and «keystroke mapping» to increase direct control.
Piano Roll Studio. Notes Editing Mode
The Piano Roll Studio offers a classic design, well ordered, easy to understand and control considering its complexity. Fully customizable “on the fly”, it has a familiar panel layout, with song progress playing horizontally. It is designed to hinder as little as possible due to its floating window character. Above is a Top Control Bar, below is a ruler with markers. In the middle area, on the left, is the upright piano, accompanied by the right Grid to display and edit the Note Blocks. At the bottom is the Parameter Editor panel, accompanied by a left panel to navigate between Notes and Effects Columns and to be able to switch between parameters. PRS prioritizes the importance of using effect parameters, moving away from possible simple piano roll layouts, which are little more than note editors. The Parameter Editor is a key point of the program.
PRS is probably the best note and parameter editor with zoom capabilities ever built as a comprehensive external tool for Renoise. The Piano Roll Studio takes full advantage of the capabilities of the API of this DAW, and more importantly, respects the peculiarities of Renoise while being very minimally invasive. A piano roll for Renoise should never be conceived as a separate program. According to its creator, ulneiz, the Piano Roll Studio has been programmed largely to be able to obtain and use the Parameter Editor (that lower panel of the tool window).
The Piano Roll Studio gathers a large number of requests or wishes from a multitude of Renoise users in recent years who have always wanted a «classic» piano roll effective to use as a support in conjunction with Renoise to solve your most complex compositions. At the same time, its design and features are clear proof of ulneiz thinking. Strongly designed for use with the mouse, almost 95% of the Piano Roll Studio window surface can be interacted with by the mouse pointer (click and wheel).
Piano Roll Studio. An original tool for Renoise.
This new software, programmed from scratch and fully tested by ulneiz, has been in private development for more than 13 months, in parallel and coexisting with the development or maintenance of other tools, before finishing the first release version, version 1.0. The Piano Roll Studio brings great value and boost to Renoise and it turns out to be a great complement that also covers some shortcomings that this DAW has, more oriented to control using keyboard commands.
If you as a composer are looking for a serious piano roll to use alongside Renoise, the Piano Roll Studio is the perfect candidate. Combine both worlds (tracker + piano roll) to improve your workflow!
The PRS program is distributed in 64-bit XRNX format through a «Demo Version», free of charge, so that any user can test it. PRS is also available as a «Full Version», which requires a Custom User License.
- Piano Roll Studio, Demo Version. The demo version has exactly the same functionalities as the full version, but with limited trial time and a floating counter window. That is, it is not a shortened version but it is for a limited time. You will be able to test all its features, but it will only take a few minutes to do so. Once the stipulated time has elapsed, the tool will lock up. If you want to continue using the tool, get the Full Version.
- Piano Roll Studio, Full Version. The Demo Version uses the same installation package as the Full Version, but the Full Version is 100% functional, with no limitations. The Full Version of Piano Roll Studio only requires a Custom Use License that is installed manually. If you are interested, please contact the author «ulneiz» to obtain your Custom User License (see below, point 4).
Please, if you are interested in the PRS, read the User’s Manual. It is available in the Spanish language and translated into English language. Practically all the details are explained inside of the User’s Manual. The User’s Manual is also accessible from the tool (in the tool’s installation package).
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v4.0.475 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v3.1.384 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v3.0.378 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v2.1.298 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v2.0.293 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v1.1.271 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v1.1.270 (HTML format)
Download the User’s Manual of Piano Roll Studio v1.0.264 (HTML format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v4.0.475 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v3.1.384 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v3.0.378 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v2.1.298 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v2.0.293 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v1.1.271 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v1.1.270 (XRNX format)
Download the Demo Version of Piano Roll Studio v1.0.264 (XRNX format)
The “Full Version” comes with all the capabilities of this tool and without any restriction. This Full Version requires a “Personalized Use License”, through a “Registration File” which costs 20€ (euros) → (10 €, with a 50% discount for Black Friday, until November 30, 2022.).
If you are interested in getting the Full Version and thus support the developer, send me a Private Message and I will inform you of the details…
Please, seriously consider supporting the development and maintenance of the Piano Roll Studio buying a license. Keep in mind that it takes a lot of time, effort and money to build!!!
As usual… enjoy it!
Piano Roll Studio v4.0.475 (October 2022):
- Modified: The “Horizontal Zoom” has been extended. Previously it was at -12 to +8. Now it’s on -12 to +12 (4 more pixels per cell).
- Fixed: Ruler: the mouse pointer loses the vertical arrows when clicking. Actually, the ruler has been redesigned.
- Added: Ruler: new key commands [CTRL ALT] + Wheel, [SHIFT ALT] + Wheel, [CTRL ALT] + Wheel, [CTRL SHIFT ALT] + Wheel to reconfigure LPB, NOL, Metrenome Beats Per Bar & the character of markers of the Ruler.
- Moddified: Ruler: the value of the markers in hexadecimal is preceded by an “x” (like 0x00). This serves to better differentiate it from the decimal value.
- Added: Preferences/Mouse / Keys/Note Editor Controls (Grid Panel). New keyboard commands to use with the wheel. Key command panels have been updated.
- Optimized: Improved graphics performance. In general, it is now possible to use any “GUI scaling” reliably. In addition, it is possible to use the “tooltips” without graphically influencing them.
- Improved: Note Editor/Parameter Editor “quick clean scan”: added “broom car” concept applied to clearing data with [ALT] + Click & “dragging quickly” for Note Blocks in the Grid & for Vol-Pan-Dly-sFX & eFX for the Effects Parameter panel. This ensures that there is no unerased data within the pointer sweep.
- Improved: Parameter Editor “quick insert scan”: fast mouse drawing causes “unwanted line breaks” to enter values. Now the data corresponding to these line breaks is solved by “linear interpolation of values”. This affects the command [CTRL ALT] + Click & “dragging quickly”.
- Improved/added: It is now possible to use all PRS key commands from the Preferences window in the foreground (as if it were the main PRS window in the foreground).
- Improved: The line of play song now adjusts to the width of the horizontal zoom when the cells are smaller.
- Added: Note Editor (Grid Panel): it is now possible to use the wheel to navigate between octaves/semitones, beats/lines & between the sequence. Includes new key command combinations with the wheel.
- Added: Note Editor (Grid Panel): double Click inside a free cell start/stop the current pattern.
- Added: Note Editor (Grid Panel): the key command [CTRL ALT SHIFT] + Double Click select a line & play the song from this marked line.
- Modified: Note Editor (Grid Panel): will now not modify any effect parameter values when editing.
- Improved: Note Editor (Grid Panel): dragging in general has been improved. This also affects GUI scaling greater than 100%. It should work better now!
- Removed: Navigation with the wheel from Note/Effects Columns Controls & Navigator because of adding it in the grid.
- Added: New Undo & Redo buttons that are automatically hidden. They will appear briefly when click on “Mouse button” in the top bar.
- Modified: The “Mouse button” now accepts Double Click. A Simple Click shows the Undo & Redo buttons. Double Click restores the disabled state of the [SHIFT] [CTRL] [ALT] switches, efficient for independent mouse control only.
- Changed: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: Bar-Dec-Hex have been reversed in order. It is more common to use Bar & Dec first. Before it was the other way around.
- Changed: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: the Synchronize the Ruler now it works with “Bar”, “Dec” & “Hex”.
- Improved: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: “Restore” & “Maximize” settings now auto-adjust when changing "Resolutio"n from their popup. A rescan button has also been added.
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new “Display Positions Grid” checkbox to displays the index of the current Sequence/Track/Instrument on the Grid.
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new “Flicker Effect Cursor” switch to apply a brief flicker effect on the Vertical Piano Cursor when selecting another track.
- Fixed: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: Image Monitor Limit checkboxes to limit the width & height are crossed. Also, instead of deactivating the value it hid it. This generates conflict in operation. Now it’s all fixed.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Black Keys” valuebox to show/hide all the Grid with horizontal Black Keys in the background for visual reference. Use the new key command [CTRL 1]. The key command [SHIFT 1] is now used to change the Vertical Piano Chaser.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Black Key” RGB option to customize your RGB Color for each Theme Profile.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Highlight V” RGB option to customize the Grid with various colors.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Highlight H” RGB option to customize the Grid with various colors.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new RGB slider to adjust all 3 colors R-G-B at the same time.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new Theme Profiles: “Redux Default Theme”, “Papyrus Theme”, “Sky Theme”, “Meadow Theme”, “Volcano Theme”, “Lavander Theme” & “My Custom Theme” (renameable).
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Info Icon Style” switch tho choose a icon color tone depending on the chosen Theme.
- Added: Preferences/RGB Colors Custom: new “Grid Info Text Style” switch tho choose a text color tone depending on the chosen Theme.
- Changed: The “LPB” value has modified to “BrL” value (Bar Lines). This has to do with the grid dividers.
- Changed & Improved: Main Grid of PRS has been completely redesigned! Now it is possible to control all the colors of the grid, including the vertical & horizontal plot lines. This allows for maximum customization of the look relative to the color theme chosen in Renoise.
- Modified: All color RGB Theme Profiles previously existing have been revamped!
- Added: Preferences/Note Block & Grid Options: new options to visual previous the Pattern Sequence to Note Edition/Song Playback Modes. This allows visual continuity of 3 patterns (previous, current & next).
- Added: Preferences/Edit Options: new “Translate Note Block” switch for move the note block with “translate” or “translate & transpose”.
- Added: Preferences/Edit Options: new “Double Click Note Block” switch for some cleaning operations when Double Click on a note block in the Note Editor (Grid Panel).
- Added: Preferences/Edit Options: new “Double Click Amount Bar” switch for some cleaning operations when Double Click on a amount bar in the Parameter Editor.
- Added: Vertical Piano, Chord Custom 1 to 4: with [SHIFT] + Double Click on the Base Note key will restart (clear) this custom chord.
- Modified: Note/Effect Columns Controls & Navigator: “Press & Hold” disappear. It is replaced by the Double Click (to hide columns). This affects the mouse, related key commands, & related MIDI control.
- Improved: Remodeled cell precision, when using selection modes & intending to select only one cell on the grid. This is especially useful when using a very large horizontal zoom when selecting an small area within a single cell.
- Improved: Navigation between different elements is more consistent. Now, normally turning the wheel down is going forward, & turning the wheel up is going back, valid for navigating the sequence, the track, the line, the instrument…
- Improved: Multiple Selection Operator 1: Now the selection of copy or cut allows pasting without releasing SHIFT previously (this is more direct: copy/cut & paste without releasing SHIFT).
- Added: Up to 8 Clipboard Banks included & selectable on the fly to cut or copy with the selection & paste.
- Added: New keyboard commands to choose a clipboard bank with [SHIFT F1] to [SHIFT F8].
- Modified/Added: Preferences/Mouse & Keyboard Commands/Global controls: multiple changes & inclusions in these keyboard commands! It also affects related MIDI controls. Go to “Preferences/ Mouse/Keys” to re-study all changed key commands.
- Modified: The [CTRL] & [ALT] states in the top bar now change to [CMD] & [OPT] changing settings from Preferences/Miscellaneous: Mac Custom Modifiers.
- Improved: Pattern clearing for reloading was fast, but now it’s even faster. This positively affects the visual load of Note Blocks.
- Improved: Inserting stacked Note Blocks into different note columns with [CTRL SHIFT] + click & drag now works faster due to an improvement in note column checking & their lines.
- Modified: Capture Note Block: moving a Note Block will now not “capture” its length. This allows to preserve the “Note Block Length” value in the top bar for easier editing. To capture a length, just click on an existing Note Block.
- Changed: Preferences/Edit Options: the “Insert Note Block” now is “Rectify Note Block”. This mode will force the “Note Block Length” = 1 to improve control.
- Added: [CTRL] + Click above “Note Columns” button to compact Note Blocks for all Note Columns & hide empty Note Columns for current Pattern-Track.
- Added/Modified: [ALT] + Click above … to clear all parameters of the Note/Effect Column (keep notes & instruments). Because of this, for these buttons other commands have been changed.
- Fixed: If the option “Preferences/Edit Options: Rectify Note Block” is enabled does not register & update the length of the Note Block when dragging & staying on the same note. This is an error derived from changes in the latest versions.
- Fixed: Song Playback Mode (Grid Panel): when selecting a note block with single click, sometimes it doesn’t select the correct track.
- Fixed: Note Editor Mode (Grid Panel): when inserting a Note Block it is possible to return an error if the end of the Note Block exceeds the maximum value of 512 lines in a pattern of 512 lines.
- Fixed: Note Editor Mode (Grid Panel): when editing or moving different Chords in the Grid (different number of Notes per Chord consecutively overlapped) the detection of Notes & Note-Off’s to define & sound the Note Blocks of the Chord is not consistent.
- Improved: Selector Mode 6: Chord Operator: when detecting a chord it does not ignore empty lines. This forces the diagonal to be drawn right on the line where the chord begins. Now it is possible to select empty lines before & the operation will detect the chord anyway.
- Added: Selector Mode 1: Clear/Copy/Paste Operator: it is now possible to “Drag” a group of notes using selection. To do this, make the selection with the diagonal to copy and immediately click again (it will detect as a double click that will establish the selection ready to drag).
- Fixed: If the PRS window is not in the foreground & any modifier keys are pressed ([SHIFT] [CTRL] [ALT]), bringing the PRS window back to the foreground & releasing those keys could cause some keys to remain pressed.
- Fixed: Preferences/About PRS: the scaling of the PRS logo does not load correctly.
- Modified/Added: Some “tooltips” have been added or modified.
- Modified/Added: Some “messages” that appear in the top bar have been added or modified.
- Improved: Part of the code has ben revised & optimized.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised & updated.
Piano Roll Studio v3.1.384 (July 2022):
- Fixed: Clipboard paste may return a compare error between a value and nil in some specific case.
- Fixed: Effect Parameter Editor: the text information can sometimes overflow when changing the Vertical Zoom.
- Fixed: The key command monitor still shows some states when the tool is off.
- Improved: Capturing Note Block Length for insert or insert and drag should now work better. This ensures that Note Block movement feels more consistent.
- Improved: Part of the code has ben revised.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised & updated.
Piano Roll Studio v3.0.378 (May 2022):
- Added: Important new feature to perform Horizontal Zoom of the Grid with 20 or 10 steps (21 or 11 horizontal sizes). By default, it does not show any Horizontal Zoom (0). This allows the width to be reduced to about 1/3 at Minimum Horizontal Zoom (-12).
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new options of “Image Monitor Limit” to custom a resolution & scale to limit the area of the PRS window.
- Changed: Chords: The “Custom” Chord now allows up to 12 notes. Before it was limited to 7 notes.
- Added: Chords: now there are 4 customizable Chords: “Custom 1”, “Custom 2”, “Custom 3”, “Custom 4”.
- Added: Chords: new Chords of two notes: “5 dim”, “5”, “5 aug”. Before there was only “5”.
- Modified: Vertical Piano: Now the Base Note of the chord can be moved from the Vertical Piano with [CTRL SHIFT] + Wheel.
- Changed: Preferences/Miscellaneous: “Lock Ruler Wheel” is now “Look Ruler Zoom”. To safety control disable the Wheel action for the Ruler Horizontal Zoom.
- Added: Preferences/Miscellaneous: new “Ruler Zoom x2” checkbox. This option doubles the speed of the Ruler Horizontal Zoom.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: new HZ knob to control the Horizontal Zoom.
- Changed: Ruler: The mouse Wheel now change the Horizontal Zoom of the Grid with 20 or 10 steps.
- Changed: Ruler: The command [CTRL] + Wheel now change the Horizontal Zoom of the Grid directly between Maximum Horizontal Zoom & Minimum Horizontal Zoom.
- Changed: Ruler: The command [ALT] + Wheel now change the measurement steps (beats) with ±1.
- Removed: Ruler: The “Ruler Position Marker” has been removed to make the Ruler control easier and cleaner.
- Modified: The load of the next pattern now relies on a small delay timer to ease it.
- Added: Preferences/Note Block & Grid Options: new “Time” valuebox in milliseconds to “Next in Song Playback” to load the next pattern.
- Added: Preferences/Miscellaneous: new “Steal Cursor Keys” checkbox. This option control the Vertical Piano & the Horizontal Zoom, replacing the typical controls of Renoise for line & track navigation.
- Added: Preferences/Theme: RGB Colors: new button “Restore x item Color” (the “Restore All Theme Profile” button has been moved from its place).
- Added: Preferences/GUI: Window Config: new buttons to capture the Oct x Lns & Horizontal Zoom & Parameter Editor Vertical Zoom for window configuration.
- Improved: Preferences: some valueboxes now include the units of measure (ms, st, EC…).
- Fixed: The “Vertical Piano Chaser” keeps notes highlighted in some unwanted case, such as using selection to clear an area with note blocks.
- Added: The SHIFT-CTRL-ALT monitor from the top bar now includes the state of all keys. This helps to visualize & memorize the most used command combinations.
- Modified: the SHIFT-CTRL-ALT monitor from the top bar now can be set each state from the mouse. The mouse button now allows resetting all 3 states to disabled. Therefore, it is possible to control these modifier keys from the mouse, without using the alphanumeric keyboard.
- Fixed: The latent state of the SHIFT-CTRL-ALT monitor from the top bar can stay active. It should be deactivated.
- Fixed: Preferences/Edit Options: The “Clear Note-Off Only” checkbox prevents the correct operation of the “Drag Pitch Freely” option.
- Added: It is now possible to hide/show the Parameter Editor (bottom panel).
- Improved: The Restore/Maximize Window button from the top bar now includes Hide/Show the Piano Roll with [SHIFT F12] or Hide/Show the Parameter Editor with [CTRL F12] or Minimize/Restore with [ALT F12]. Also works with the MIDI Control panel.
- Improved: Selector Mode 1: “Paste from Clipboard” now detects the base note & destination note with transposition.
- Improved: Selector Mode 4: “Add Rows” now more efficiently controls the insertion or removal of Note-Offs.
- Improved: Selector Mode 6: convert the current note column to chord now correctly cuts off at the end of the selection using Note-Offs.
- Changed: Selector Mode 6: “Detect the Chord” is not “Detect or Steal Chord” It is now possible to “steal” a non-existing already written Chord in the list if an unconfigured Custom Chord is selected in the list (load the already written Chord into the Custom Chord for reuse).
- Improved: Selector Mode 8: the loop of a pattern selection now works by overflowing the surface of the next pattern.
- Improved: The “Oct” & “Lns” values now show two decimal places for better fit accuracy.
- Fixed: Parameter Editor Panel: Panning. A visual error occurs when modifying a vertical bar R-L (panning parameter) over a full vertical bar (other parameters).
- Fixed: Parameter Editor Panel: Volume or Panning. Return a invalid maximum volume string or maximum panning string in the vertical bars with amount <=F (hexadecimal).
- Fixed: With the PRS in the foreground, in some cases some key commands return operations in the pattern editor when they should never happen. This happens with pressing and holding the key command.
- Added: The Note Block icon for “Note Block Length” now has a blink indicator (flicker visual effect) for values greater than 0.
- Added: New visual scrolling effects in the top information bar & in the logo inside About PRS.
- Modified: Superior controls bar: the switch of Note Edition Mode or Song Playback Mode now also shows the activated Edit Mode (Pattern Editor) in yellow, when it is in Song Playback Mode.
- Changed: New commands [SHIFT CTRL F1] to [SHIFT CTRL F12] to change the number of cells of the Note Block Length. They were previously [CTRL F1] to [CTRL F12].
- Added: New commands [SHIFT ALT F1] to [SHIFT ALT F12] to control the Note/Effect Columns the same as the 1-12 0-8 navigation pad.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New “MIDI Mapping Files” panel. It allows to manage the XRNM MIDI mapping files easily, with load, clear, save & open the containing folder “…/xrnm”.
- Changed: Preferences/MIDI Control: The panel of “Knobs & Pads Controls” has been remodeled & expanded. Includes new descriptions.
- Changed: Preferences/MIDI Control: New “PAD 14 + PAD 15 + PAD 1” to “PAD 14 + PAD 15 + PAD 12” to execute the commands [SHIFT CTRL F1] to [SHIFT CTRL F12] to change the number of cells of the Note Block Length. They were previously [CTRL F1] to [CTRL F12].
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New “PAD 14 + PAD 16 + PAD 1” to “PAD 14 + PAD 16 + PAD 12” to execute the commands [SHIFT ALT F1] to [SHIFT ALT F12] to control the Note/Effect Columns the same as the 1-12 0-8 navigation pad.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New knob “HZm” for Horizontal Zoom control.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New knob “Pno” for Piano control & edition. This knob allows you to edit new notes and is very useful for correcting existing notes.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New knob “Pos” for Position Navigation (LPB, Sequence, Line) & locate notes with “Search Nte”. Also to clean the entire line.
- Added: Preferences/MIDI Control: New knob “Trk” for Track Navigation & Note Columns controls. Also to undo/redo.
- Added: New messages being included for the top bar, with special attention on Selector Modes.
- Fixed: The mouse indicator button sometimes did not show the illuminated on/off state with some click actions.
- Improved: Part of the code has ben revised.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised & updated.
- Modified: The preferences file “preferences.xml” has changed with more options. It is not possible to use a preferences file from previous versions.
- Reminder: If you have an expired license registration version due to changes in version 2, you can request a new one from the author.
Piano Roll Studio v2.1.298 (April 2022):
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new checkbox to «Vertical Piano Chaser». Lights up the keys when triggering the Notes in the Play Position (use the RGB color of the Tracks).
- Added: New command [CTRL 1] to change the «Vertical Piano Chaser».
- Added: New command [ALT 1] to change the «Group in Song Play» (only for Song Playback Mode).
- Added: New commands [CTRL F1] to [CTRL F12] to change the number of cells of the Note Block Length.
- Added: MIDI Control: new «PAD 15 + PAD 13» to execute the command [CTRL 1] to change the «Vertical Piano Chacher».
- Added: MIDI Control: new «PAD 16 + PAD 13» to execute the command [ALT 1] to change the «Group in Song Play» (only for Song Playback Mode).
- Added: MIDI Control: new «PAD 15 + PAD 1» to «PAD 15 + PAD 12» to execute the commands [CTRL F1] to [CTRL F12] to change the number of cells of the Note Block Length.
- Improved: Ruler: The «Ruler Position Marker» now works finer with [CTRL] + Click & drag horizontally. It will only work when the Grid is not scrolling.
- Added: New messages being included for the top bar.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised & updated.
Piano Roll Studio v2.0.293 (March 2022):
- Added: Full compatibility with Renoise v3.4.1 & later.
- Added: Ruler: new “Ruler Position Marker” Permanently mark a line for reference with [CTRL] + Click & drag horizontally. It will display the same color as the song play position.
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new checkbox to show the “Ruler Position Marker”.
- Added: New control panel for randomizing amounts in the Effects Parameter Editor. Allows randomizing any selected parameter by establishing a range (Max-Min), from the selected line onwards.
- Modified: The randomization of notes with Multiple Selection Mode (5) now adjusts to the transpose scale of the selected instrument.
- Modified: The transpose up/down with Multiple Selection Mode (2) now adjusts to the transpose scale of the selected instrument.
- Improved: The clear Note Blocks with Multiple Selection Mode (1) now analyzes and removes lost Note-Offs.
- Improved: Note-Offs treatment for Chords: The Note-Off insertion with [SHIFT ALT] + Click and drag now works for all Note Blocks of the selected Chord.
- Added: New transpose scale adjustment button. When selecting a transpose scale, this button will appear. Allows you to realign existing note blocks in the pattern-track within the transpose scale of the selected instrument.
- Added: Preferences Windows: new section “Note Block & Grid Options”.
- Added: Preferences Windows: new behavior of the right checkboxes to hide/show the subpanels. Now with [CTRL] + Click you can hide/show the rest of the subpanels at the same time.
- Modified: Preferences Window: now the visible/hidden state of each section also is remembered.
- Modified: The note block RGB color difference between the selected note column & the rest of the note columns is now slightly larger to differentiate them. This is a very subtle adjustment.
- Added: Preferences/GUI. Window Config: new checkbox to “Group in Song Play”. Display only the Tracks within the “Parent Group” to Song Playback Mode. Allows to isolate each Group.
- Added: Effects Parameter Editor: new panel of line & delay time in milliseconds. This panel appears when you click on any delay bar. It allows to calculate exactly the trigger times of the notes & to synchronize & readjust the negative delay of the track.
- Added: Preferences/Theme. RGB Colors: new button “Restore All Theme Profile”. Restore the selected Theme Profile completely to the default RGB colors.
- Improved: The Note block selection in Selection Mode (2) (Multiple Transpose) is now more consistent when the user attempts to transpose & translate individual Note Blocks.
- Modified: Some tooltips have been modified/updated.
- Fixed: Next in Note Edition with “Another Track” does not show the note blocks of all visible note columns of the “Another Track” when the number of columns is greater than the current track.
- Modified: New protection system. Now it is possible to select between the “name” or “email” for registered users, to display in the top bar. This allows for more secure video recording using the PRS for creating public content.
- Improved: Part of the code has ben revised.
- Added: New folder “scheme” with a Basic Scheme of the Piano Roll Studio in PDF & PNG format.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised & updated.
Piano Roll Studio v1.1.271 (February 2022):
- Fixed: A notifier remained active after turning the tool ON and OFF. An error occurred when editing notes from the pattern editor of Renoise.
Piano Roll Studio v1.1.270 (February 2022):
- Added: Song Play Mode: now allows to display the next Pattern.
- Added: Includes the continuity of Note Blocks in the transition between Patterns when the next Pattern is displayed inside the Grid.
- Added: Preferences / Miscellaneous: new options “Next in Song Playback”.
- Modified: Preferences / GUI. Window Config: new options “Next in Note Edition” and “Next in Song Playback”. Allows a continuous display between the current pattern and the next.
- Added: Preferences / Miscellaneous: new option “Custom Modifiers” of alt/option and control/command for Mac Operating System.
- Fixed: Note Block Info: “Ins Nme” could return an error of index greater than the maximum index.
- Fixed: Selector Mode 6: “Detect the Chord” does not release the keys on the “Custom” chord after detecting this chord and playing it when the “Base Note” is diferent to C-4.
- Modified: The User’s Manual has been revised and updated.
Piano Roll Studio v1.0.264 (January 2022):
- Initial Release.