What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Keybinds for FX parameters please :pleading_face:

I hope one day there will be a button that will rotate the Renoise interface 90 degrees like this:

That would be cool.

2 Likes

Still wishing for a ā€œMaster Tuneā€ like Reason has: Even made a post about it 4 years ago :smiley: Renoise Master Tuning

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be dope to be able to automate

1 Like

quick fix, just rotate monitor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see, thank you. Last night I set up a send track to a headphone only out. I will try mixing two tracks with one going to main and both going to headphones using the spacebar to sync the track thats only in my head. Almost like a real dj but with renoise.

1 Like

ā€¢Higher Beatsync length (1024)

ā€¢Routing plugins through the Instrument FX

ā€¦Native Synth with Granular Engine!!! :pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6:

Other than that eliminate all other requests from me lol. Tools can accomplish a lot from piano roll to pretty much anything I can think of

1 Like

Better usage of multicore CPUs is all I need.

Everything else is a bonus.

1 Like

I rotated my monitor, but I hear no changes in the master tuning.

3 Likes

itā€™s normal issue :wink:

The monitor needs to be rotated fast enough to match the frequency of the desired tuning.

1 Like

It would be nice to have the ability to copy samples from one instrument to another (easily). There are some hackarounds to this (e.g., navigate to the song in the browser>song>samples; open up two instances of Renoise), but it would be nice to be able to just copy/paste using the usual commands.

Also, rendering to sample always creates a lower volume result. y tho?

I said it before, I donā€™t think threads like this are very motivating for the dev(s).

1 Like

Why not? A user-driven development path seems like it would be a great asset to the devs for turning out updates with desirable feature sets. More updates = higher version number = quicker license renewals = profits and a better product.
It just doesnā€™t seem like renoise is much of a development priority, thoughā€¦ Taktik has been MIA for months now, yes?

3 Likes

Could be heā€™s working on the new sononym version also, but I donā€™t know. And I think he has a regular job.

Yeah, I donā€™t think this is a bad thing (unless people make it a bad thing). In all the years on/off with Renoise I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever posted before in this thread, but it seemed like the right place to be like "hey, this would be cool to have.ā€™

Iā€™m, like, also more that 100% happy with Renoise - and part of the reason I am is because this is clearly a passion project for the devs. They work on it when they can, and when they do add things, it only makes it better (without, generally, breaking a bunch of other shit). Often their updates take into account common requests and/or things that ā€œmake senseā€ - so I think it canā€™t hurt to (respectfully) talk about things weā€™d like.

4 Likes

What makes you think that?

From what Iā€™ve seen, people arenā€™t demanding things in this thread. Just making a wish list. If nothing else, it serves as a thermometer for what people in this thread, a vocal minority, Iā€™m sure, are interested in. Some of which might be relatively easy to implement. While other suggestions will never, ever happen. Regardless, it seems like a good thing to know. Even if it has no bearing on your development plans or timetable.

2 Likes

gentle bump for this. 10 cores enabled, i hit renoise with 72% cpu (on the edge of xrun crackle fest) activity monitor reports 17% :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to be able to reset LFOs from the automation editor

Yes, the LFOs could be improved. I would like to see the LFOā€™s amplitude not moving (after the destination was adjusted) until the LFO gets activated, and furthermore I would like to be able to start the amplitudeā€™s movement at a specific starting point. Otherwise it could be a pain in the ass to render the song until the sound thatā€™s influenced by the LFO sounds as desired. Once I had a song which I had to render at least 8 times until it sounded right.