What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

is the objective here to 1) display the shortcuts or 2) modify them?
if displaying, i could have a lua stab.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 10.34.08
you can render instrument fx also

1 Like

Track volume slide command please; or is there one already iā€™m not aware of?

i made one too GitHub - ylmrx/renoise_kb2md: just output a markdown from your ugly XML

You can also have this process automated with this tool

Well the object is as stated:
ā€œā€¦reads the KeyBindings.xml and showing it converted to a single html pageā€
and
ā€œā€¦no time to learn Lua or Python or any other non-OS dependant language, so this is a Windows app made with AHK v2.ā€

Just for my own convenience, since I donā€™t have much time to play with Renoise so I keep forgetting the Shortcuts.
But I shared this as an example of how I solved my problem with the small settings window.
I use my tool side-by-side with the Renoise settings window.

• It also helped me find good default shortcuts I didnā€™t know existed in the first place and
  • helps me to see which key combinations are unused and free to use.
  • The Filter/search boxes is something I really need.

Of course, everything can be made better, smarter, more integrated and beautiful. :wink:

The app is a single file .exe - Just click it and converts the xml and show it in a browser within a second.
The output file is a single file .html with embedded css and javascript for searching.
Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Great, how does it look?

Set the lower BPM limit to 1 or 0.0001 when Sync: Internal etc

Ableton Link is useful, but I donā€™t feel the need to set the lower BPM limit to 20.0000 when using Sync: Internal, etc. because that limit is not relevant.

I made a topic about this, but figured this is a good place to post it too. This suggestion was inspired by working in MS Excel.

Firstly by allowing us to set custom colors for various effect commands in an FX column. For example, set it so that all commands for an instrument macro device are orange (or some other custom color). That way you can see a large, busy FX column and know what each command is tied to at a glance. At the moment, you have to remember what device correlates to the first number in the command (e.g., 2xxx controls my filter on one track, but itā€™s 4xxx on another).

Adding to this, a comprehensive filtering tool for all of Renoise would be great for doing sweeping changes to targeted tracks. E.g., Press Filter Button > Filter for Tracks > Tracks w/ FX ā€œexample_textā€ (delay, inst. macro, whatever). Then Renoise highlights those tracks so you can easily identify which tracks are using these devices.

Finally, itā€™d be even cooler if we could customize what the filter actually does, like filter for all tracks containing the name ā€œBassā€ and solo or mute them. Imagine, you could set up for a transition by saying ā€œFilter for all tracks not containing the name ā€˜Drumā€™, on Pattern 4, delete lines 96 - 127, insert OFF at line 96ā€. Bam, no need to manually delete and insert OFF commands, copy and pasting, etc. yourself.

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker

a small detail that could be useful for tweaking the output signal path and hiding visual clutter

4 Likes

Master Modulation Chain for samples

I think this would be especially useful if there was a chain that every modulation set was routed too AFTER its own processing. Pretty easy to do in the FX section but not possible in the Mod Section AFAIK

Sorry for the double post but a sampler based synth is what Iā€™m hoping for.

Drawing waveforms, generating them, etc, Iā€™ve checked out some crazy native synth stuff on the forums and youtube. I figure using samples/waveforms as a sound source and adding functions to the mod/fx chain would put the sampler in a unique position where the individual samples are basically ā€œoscillatorsā€ or ā€œgeneratorsā€ but with the unique quality of being a sample. Weā€™re this :pinching_hand:t5: close to that. It would seem like a pretty reasonable step forward.

So we get the added bonus of the phrases/pattern editor commands and all the cool stuff we can do with individual sample routing which is very reminiscent of most synth plugs.

Iā€™m assuming other features like granular, sync, fm, etc in relation to other samples probably requires some super programming but it would be so sweet and uniform to have sample based instruments/slices/chops and sample based synths as xnri and easily shared.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Make the buttons on dialogs such as ā€œSave changes?ā€ focusable

if we continue to dream, it would be cool to add something like a container for scripts that could be a source of waveforms, and if in the effects section, then a programmable processing tool with a side chain connection. and this will help leave the renoise team alone for a while.

1 Like

hi. so i scripted these into Pakettiā€¦ these are multiplatform, so Windows Linux macOS.
plenty of options.

unfortunately KeyBindings.xml is only saved on quit of Renoise, so these canā€™t be real-time / dynamic.

thanks for the original idea, @joul !

1 Like

I know itā€™s a pipe dream but true multi channel recording. As of now the sampler is limited to 2 channels at once. If the sampler could allow simultaneous recording of all channels in multichannel interfaces I could record my drum parts/breaks directly into Renoise. As it stands now I have to record into a traditional DAW and then painstakingly import and sync up each track into Renoise.

2 Likes

There are a lot of ā€œjump to ā€¦ā€ functions. I may have missed but it would be nice with - on midi input - a ā€œjump to next noteā€ function. Want to remember polyend tracker can do thisā€¦

My requests are modest!

• I would like it if the mac version of Renoise had the correct fullscreen behaviour! Right now, the mac version doesnā€™t use the spaces functionality that has been in macOS sinceā€¦ well, a long time ago now! Instead, maximizing Renoise makes it fill the current desktop/space itā€™s in. Wheras, it should maximize itself to a new space - this is the expected fullscreening behaviour in macOS and itā€™s something of an inconvenience to have to create a new virutal desktop for Renoise to exist in.

• Correct drag and drop behaviour for samples - it is something of a pain that audio drag and drop isnā€™t fully implemented in Renoise and this is probably my no 1 request! Right now, you canā€™t drag samples from the sample window or browser directly into plugins like Phase Plant, Amigo, etcā€¦ any plugins that allow you to drag and drop audio between them. Fortunately, dragging from plugin ā†’ instrument box does work, if you drag it onto a new instrument. But it doesnā€™t work if you try and drag directly onto the Renoise sampler window, and cruciallyā€¦ it doesnā€™t work the other way round, from Renoise ā†’ Plugin. There are a number of plugins that basically expect you to use this workflow so it being missing is definitely a bump in the workflow!

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Soooo!

Iā€™d like to suggest adding the ability in Renoise to route audio from multi-instruments directly to Send tracks, bypassing regular tracks. This would help avoid unnecessary clutter in the project and make routing more efficient.

What do you think?

1 Like

And is it possible to make the lpb speed even lower (0.5 ; 0.25 etc)? Since this gives the opportunity to place different phrases one after another within one pattern while maintaining a convenient visualization.