What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Does anyone know what i’m talking about?

Is there a tool for this? I want to change note values on already placed notes. And when a midi-key is pressed it should jump to the next note, wherever that is placed.

Yep, I definitely like this suggestion, can we have this too? :smiley:

Also notable - the quick instrument controls under the instrument box offer a lot of things, but don’t seem to offer a channel selection for VST instruments - one of the most common controls I want to reach for! But I still gotta go to the plugin tab for it. If we could get that option in there…

Furthermore, when you add a VST alias, it’d be nice if it automatically rolled over to the next channel.

2 posts were split to a new topic: More UI scaling options (Scale Levels)

For the Spectrogram display, it would be useful if there was an option for it to show a different color palette to highlight the frequencies being contributed to the main mix by, specifically, the currently-selected Track.

1 Like

I think there’s a good chance we’ve only getting bugfix releases for the coming months and years.

1 Like

If I select several tracks, I can control them at the same time, volume, panning and other track parameterslike in any other DAW

this small feature is really missed in mixing and balancing tracks

I know it’s possible to do this with the alphanumeric keyboard in a Lua tool. Maybe it’s also possible for MIDI data entry, but I’ve never tried it.

If someone wants to build a tool, the function should simply locate the next note line and jump to it, looking at all note columns in the track, for all patterns.

1 Like

This could be done with a window tool. But I agree that it would be nice if it was a native feature. It would be interesting to see how you select random parameters and then control them at once. In theory, you should select several parameters and mark them, and just by moving one of these parameter bars or a value, the rest should move proportionally according to their value range. And this would perhaps add absurd control, because it would make no sense to group by which parameters. Where to limit it?

Something like CTRL+mouse click to select bars, they will light up in groups, and if you move one highlighted bar, the rest will move. Automation should not influence here.

All this behavior can be done with a Lua window tool, but then you have two interfaces that “show the same thing.” It would be very redundant.

Almost everything that involves changing values ​​somewhere can be solved using Lua tools. But yes, there are things that would make sense if integrated.

The Hydra device allows you to bind parameters also between different tracks. You can put the Hydra on a send track for convenience and use the Mixer for an overall view… But they will all take the value of the input bar if the scaling is “linear”. Change the scaling and you have this issue solved!

1 Like

Isn’t this it? Lxx

Use the right mouse button on the slider to add track effect parameters in the pattern editor, with the third switch from the bottom turned off (such as volume, pan…).

Or are you asking for a dedicated key command to control the volume of a track? These sorts of things can easily be added with a Lua tool for more custom use.

How would this be done technically within Renoise so that the API would have access?
I find this to be one of the most interesting things written here…

In the API it will be impossible to access the audio engine. Would there be any real way to have that access to the track/instrument audio buffer?

Oh so there is a tool for this that works with the keyboard?

I don’t know, but it would be possible to do it relatively easily. Maybe it could be integrated for any input. That is, if a new note is detected, it would jump to the next note, if it exists.

The sensible way to do it would be a new instrument tool type. You pass the audio buffer and “midi” events as an argument into a process() function where you can manipulate the audio buffer. That’s basically how software synths operate. An effect device doing the same thing would be very nice as well, akin to what formula device does for CV, but for audio.

The performance needed requires luajit though.

It’s an old topic, I think :slight_smile:

Hi Raul,

Lxx is ‘Track Volume Set’ not ‘Slide’. Would like the track volume to slide
down at a certain rate during a delay (ZDxx)… Oxx works like this for samples.

1 Like

Ah ok, would be an equivalent of Ixx Oxx but affecting the track (a track effect, not a sample effect).
I think both effects work for the track if you use phrases, even for plugins. But that’s not practical in this case.

Another way would be automation with interpolation, although this fills the pattern with values. These effects are precisely to avoid that and obtain another type of resolution.

i have this working with “selection in pattern”, meaning, if i make a selection in pattern, and tweak the volume, panning, delay and samplefx column content with one slider each - then the selection in pattern, across multiple tracks, will be changed. let me know if you’re interested in trying it out.

there’s 4 midiknobs for this, and 4 sliders in a gui for this, in Paketti.

Ability to hide vertical device chain like any other part of mixer - just one more [show/hide] button to the right.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Specify the range of the automation display area

A post was split to a new topic: More Sort Options in DiskBrowser

Would be great if something like this [instrument] could access multichannel buffers and extensive routing also. I’m thinking something along the lines of recording multiple inputs of audio at once…either from the audio interface, or internally routed audio.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Save settings on Exit & Manually Saving Settings