The competition has ended, here’s the abridged version:
Anyone remember the last pile of noise?
Well it’s back, and more unorganized than ever.
Mutant Breaks Compo #2
Theme: RBI BASSBALL
Deadline: August 24th, 2009
Electro / Bassline / Breakbeats / Jungle / Drum & Bass / IDM / Breakcore / Dubstep / Experimental / Noise
Judges (so far? click those links people)
- Murdock of Planet Break Records
- 6955 - Game consoles and beats
- Patrick Tregaskin - Do your own research because I have no idea who this may or may not be. Mystery judge?
- Hatchmatik - Unstoppable force
- Mayday My hero, DJ extraordinaire, occasional journalist for DOA
- DJ Fishead - Two decades of DJ pedigree with roots in the midwest
- Blake Market - The last remaining pilar of Trotch Records
- Me - I got nothing
Maybe more judges to come… check this thread for updates it’s a shmorgesborg of celebrity judges!!!
The story behing the theme: When soliciting judges, not everyone says yes. One of the responses was “Music isn’t a contest, go play RBI Baseball” - Thusly, the theme is a joke. Please ignore the theme. I can’t believe I have to explain this, thereby ruining the whole concept, but there you go. Are you happy now IRC hecklers? Well, are you?
SAY NO TO CHIPTUNES - SAY YES TO MUTANT BREAKS
Pro-tip: Visit the judges webpages and listen to their music, visit last years’ MBC page and read what the judges had to say, make something the judges will actually be into, ignore the RBI Baseball theme.
- Breakbeats, basslines, any tempo, any thing.
- Some proof that Renoise was involved with production, an MP3/OGG or XRNS file.
- The track that appears in the most top 3 lists wins.
The winner may choose any one of the following:
- Each judge chooses a CD they like or are involved with, I buy and ship the pile to the winner.
- Registered copy of Renoise, paid by me.
- Renoise T-Shirt and Mouse pad, paid by me.
To submit your tune, either post a link in this thread or email me at [dac chartrand gmail com] if you want to keep it under wraps until the deadline.
Pro-tip rewind: This is not a remix competition. This is not a chiptune competition. Do not go out of your way to remix RBI Baseball. The theme is to be interpreted as loosely as possible and the goal is to take risks and make interesting/experimental breakbeat music.