Photo

DEVs on what you are currently working on? Redux update?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#176 toblerpone

toblerpone

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 14:53

utter nonsense

I bumped this stupid thread, my bad.

EDIT for wellard: not bumping again. get down on earth. It's a 70 euro product. No one would write "don't expect an update every half year, please see http://www.renoise.c.../release-notes" on their product, and read taktik's post again.

Edited by toblerpone, 14 January 2017 - 18:02.

#177 wellard

wellard

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 17:56

utter nonsense

I bumped this stupid thread, my bad.

Nothing constructive or relevant, just conceit. Do you even make music? If you were touched by the arts, you'd have passion and fire, instead, there is what, a cold dead technical knowledge, overwrought and complex like a tumbleweed. You're not a musician. I'll award you the last word in this matter though because this isn't a fight as far as i'm concerned.

Danoise seems to be running the show without showing off much. If he's not annoyed, then why would anybody else dramaqueen?

Perhaps people should not spit in each other's faces (no, don't kid yourself that i'm talking down at the OP, i'm talking to the regs acting like they have shit in their ass all the time) and instead be like unto Danoise i.e. decent and goodnatured and an actual musician.

Let me just add: When somebody buys Renoise, they are promised an integer's worth of updates.

Therefore there is the implication that the project is moving, it is going somewhere, it is being actively developed. This is partly why people buy.

Otherwise, be fair and bark at prospective customers in your advertising spiel, about how they shouldn't expect the world to bow to them, and how it's a hobby project and you can cry a river if you don't like that because me and my gang will upvote idiotic posts tee hee. Yeah, speak that crap upfront instead of burying it in this forum.

There is no counterargument.

P.S. This is not to rubbish the efforts of devs. Danoise should be the director of this caravan of despair, he'd turn it around and we'd actually be going somewhere.

#178 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6330 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 14 January 2017 - 19:02

Hey wellard, no need to repeat points that you're already made? 

To answer you: Renoise is taktiks creation, of that there is no doubt. We've worked together for a few years now, and I can tell you that he has a very keen sense of what this software needs and doesn't need. I totally respect that - but it doesn't mean that he's not prepared to listen to others. 

And while there is no immediate new Renoise release it would of course be easy to say "just go make some music", but I don't think that's entirely fair. It's important to look to the future as well, and yes, perhaps Renoise (including me) could be more open about development. All I can currently say is that currently, I'm using Renoise 3.1 myself. A bug release will arrive in a not-too-distant future and after that, there is a 3.x as well (I know, because I've seen it). In other words, business as usual. 

And to stay on-topic, yes - there is another project on the horizon as well. It's under wraps for now, not directly related to Renoise - or Redux for that matter - but still in the realm of audio/music production. So if you somehow suspected that Renoise was taking time off on the Bahamas, unfortunately this is not the case. 

I'm just hoping that the forum will continue to be a place of constructive criticism, a place to share tips/tricks/resources (I know I've learned quite a few things from this), or just a nice place to chill and hang out.

And it's OK to disagree. Just be civilized about it  ;)

Peace. 

• codec, Djeroek, Chris Edberg and 12 others like this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#179 joule

joule

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 14 January 2017 - 19:18

Had to log in to like :) It's great to hear that there are plans for a Renoise future. This whole "Renoise put on ice" should perhaps be rephrased to "temporarily down-prioritized", I'm guessing! :guitar:

#180 wellard

wellard

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 23:55

Hey wellard, no need to repeat points that you're already made? 

To answer you: Renoise is taktiks creation, of that there is no doubt. We've worked together for a few years now, and I can tell you that he has a very keen sense of what this software needs and doesn't need. I totally respect that - but it doesn't mean that he's not prepared to listen to others. 

And while there is no immediate new Renoise release it would of course be easy to say "just go make some music", but I don't think that's entirely fair. It's important to look to the future as well, and yes, perhaps Renoise (including me) could be more open about development. All I can currently say is that currently, I'm using Renoise 3.1 myself. A bug release will arrive in a not-too-distant future and after that, there is a 3.x as well (I know, because I've seen it). In other words, business as usual. 

And to stay on-topic, yes - there is another project on the horizon as well. It's under wraps for now, not directly related to Renoise - or Redux for that matter - but still in the realm of audio/music production. So if you somehow suspected that Renoise was taking time off on the Bahamas, unfortunately this is not the case. 

I'm just hoping that the forum will continue to be a place of constructive criticism, a place to share tips/tricks/resources (I know I've learned quite a few things from this), or just a nice place to chill and hang out.

And it's OK to disagree. Just be civilized about it  ;)

Peace. 

Hi there. I honestly don't care what Taktik is planning next. The entire project is predicated on snide bitching. I honestly thought you were better than that and would be able to take a compliment.

Also, l was technically not repeating myself as l had deleted most of the original posting and reposted it on this page as my original comments were, i felt, being pushed off the page having not been visible for very long.

You should learn how to take a compliment.

However, one thing this reveals is that there are no decent people on the project and so nobody should feel bad about reverse engineering it - IF doing so were legal. Yes, that's right, i expected you to f**k up and not understand a compliment thereby removing any remorse about taking over the project. What i mean is, there are no longer any ethical considerations - it's a-okay if the law says it's okay - forget the people on the project.

https://www.google.c...gineering legal

LOL @ sycophanting upvoting of the most basic post. A culture of fear and oneupmanship. Barely anything musical about this. No joy of life, you know? If there's a blood moon in the sky, you get vampires on the ground. If there's wankery in the management, you get cowardly talentless sycophants on the shop floor.

Fork this :)

#181 wellard

wellard

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 00:05

Somebody fork the project if it's legal to reverse engineer it, there is no comeback, they've got no ethics themselves, it won't come back to bite ya.

Reverse engineer it, make it public domain, and sell your own tools, widen the community, bla bla, things will really start to happen.

Or live under the trowel, fawning over forum personalities and making fk all music.

You won't have another life. You age fast, be your own man. Don't live like this. Take over the project (if it's legal to reverse engineer it). L I V E   L I F E   T O    T H E    M  A X   :)

http://reverseengine...plication-legal

Do it for shits n gigs, you've got nothing to lose by doing it and nothing to gain by not doing it. There are no real people on the project.

Make the project your way, and get your own team together, make zero profit, make a DAW that you would call your own. There will be no legal team after you, according to Stack Exchange - unless l'm mistaken, in which case l take that back :)

Peace :)

Edited by wellard, 15 January 2017 - 00:05.

#182 toblerpone

toblerpone

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 00:09

"You won't have another life. You age fast, be your own man. Don't live like this"

Act like an adult, move to another daw. ;)

Reverse engineering is forbidden if you want to legally keep your licence, it's in the EULA, for all you grepers out there ;)

#183 wellard

wellard

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 00:22

"You won't have another life. You age fast, be your own man. Don't live like this"

Act like an adult, move to another daw. ;)

Reverse engineering is forbidden if you want to legally keep your licence, it's in the EULA, for all you grepers out there ;)

I suspect you're missing the point of reverse engineering.

It may be legal to reverse engineer in some countries.

Also, if were phrased as an interoperability issue, it would be legal.

All this from Stack Exchange. I may be wrong.

#184 wellard

wellard

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 00:30

To whomever:

Ideas are universal. Let's create a family of cloned DAWs at least similar to Renoise code. After all, this is all derived from public domain software anyhow.

It will take a while to get the core off the ground, but once it's done, you'll have flavours like Linux has. It would be something quite remarkable. It would surpass Renoise as it is now.

Imagine linking it up with other public domain codes to create a program that has the sweeping grandeur of a real DAW.

Imagine if GNU/Linux never left Stallmann's hands.

There are no ethical considerations as long as it's legal per se. Forget about anybody on the project, they don't deserve anything. I know, harsh - but true.

#185 Renoise

Renoise

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:42

Seems like we're done here. Pretty much everything that could be said, has been said. Let's please try to move on...
  • Djeroek, KURTZ, sodiufas and 6 others like this