What Would You Like To See In A Renoise 3.0?

yes, this is actually the ONLY things I really long for. anything else is just a neat gadget. I love renoise to death, but this would really make it into a killer-robot. off course I CAN timestretch and pitchshift my sounds on my mpc or another program, but doing it natively would make it soo much more fun. audio tracks and piano roll? meh.

addition: Instr. Automation Learning Mode :rolleyes:

everything ever made in a music program on a computer ever.

Ok. Here goes:
the pattern effect command known as SBx.

songs with lyrics? yes- see my sig (Stream revo11 music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud)
I’m pretty sure there are quite a few hiphop headz around here with MCing on their tracks as well.

Yes, Renoise is basically and originally a tracker, but why can’t a tracker have audiotracks as well? We live in modern times, and why limit ourselves because of some unwritten law in an non-existing tracker-bible? If audiotracks will be implemented, it is optional to use them. And I know MANY of us could have great use for it.

Why I don’t use another DAW for this, is simply because I don’t have any other favourite DAW, and I’ve pretty much tried them all. Synching two apps together just doesn’t do it for me. total bonerkiller :)

I’ve used energyXT with Renoise as a workaround for projects that have required audiotracks, and aaawgod i hate it. So clumsy, and the combination feels so half-ass.

Even the simplest form of an audiotrack-function in Renoise would do it for me, and it could be developed further in the future I guess.

My top wishes for the next version is:

• Make sustain pedal work with native sampled instruments
  • A native synth

Detachable mixer :ph34r:

Audio tracks would only benefit for sure. Yes it won’t bring anything that cannot be done now, but working with slices and then automation the volume separately without any visual guides is difficult and quite unmanageable at times and to be honest I cannot afford to buy 2 DAWs for this. Right now I use audacity to add tracks which means there is a render process between working on the tune and the tracks. >__<

Another thing that would be nice would be better workflow for editing the tracks with your mouse and the dsps with your keyboard.

And finally improve the native sample instrument with things like per sample envelopes, per note tuning for micro tonality and non-12ET scales and better tools for setting up multi sampled instruments (something like a spreadsheet).

Oh… and a Moe mascot for sure.

+1 On separate LPB per track and different lenght per track, but that would require an “ahx mode” ( edit only one track per pattern ) or you would get terribly confused.

Would like to see a clipper device something like GClip, good for distorting things.

• Audiotracks ( flip the vertical pattern matrix on its side (horizontal), and add audiotracks there )
  • Record from any audio device available, instead of just the device in use ( I use 3 soundcards ).

Yep. Enhanced Line-Input/ Sample Recorder / Pattern Recorder .

I want renoise 4.0 to introduce video tracking, where you can place video’s/frames/pics as note events in the patterns and automate visual effects in the automation editor. Great way to sync visuals to music, tracker style! :drummer:

That would be great, and for what its worth, the Sample Keyzones section does look like a pixel editor and to some degree behaves an increment of it.

I’ve been messing with Graphics Gale lately, experimenting in making my own low budget animation videos to go along with my music. If Renoise could facilitate a lo-fi animation section, jeez, talk about an all in one solution for audio/video productions.

++++++++++1

Audio tracks aren’t essential to me, since I really just use REAPER for anything like that, but I wouldn’t object to seeing them.

I’d like to see volume, pitch and pan envelopes applicable to specific zones, rather than the whole instrument at once. This post says that the devs are planning on it eventually, so it’s not really a novel request; it’s just something I’d like to see by the next big release.

Also, time stretching. The Rubberband add-on tool helps, but it’s not really adequate.

Choke or Mute Groups where samples or sample slots can be assigned to a group that will cut each other off.

I actually like the fact that renoise is a vertical scrolling music app NOT horizontal (since its a tracker).

Personally the only thing bugging me since I started with renoise is not to be able and visualize the timeline. :(

For all my melodies I always start on the MIDI keyboard and many times I don’t want to quantize things. However leaving my recording unquantized as is, looks awful and it’s really hard for me to understand where I playied something a bit too fast or a bit too slow. I understand that this is a tracker and not a sequencer but sometimes it’s just plain helpful to temporarily visualise. It would also be helpful for people like me without preor tracker experience to learn that “waiting for 3 ticks” looks like this, etc. Once you have got the picture in your mind you can just enter the apropriate command, but first you need to get that visual picture.

So these are the things I would like to see:

Timeline visualisation
I would like a shortcut which toggles the current pattern to a timeline temporarily. Maybe split the screen while holding the shortcut, to see on the one half the time visualisation? So on left we have the latency in command and on the right in timeline. Moving a MIDI command in the right, changes in real-time the latency command in the left.

“Manual Play” button
I would like a button called “Manual play” or something similar which automatically disables the quantize and streches the pattern while playing, endlessly. I know there is some workararound plugin that adds new patterns, but I think this should be a builtin solution. It would also be cool with some additional options like removing old recorded commands on a track on the second loop, etc.

With those 2 features or similar it would be really easy for people experienced only with sequencer DAWs to start quickly with Renoise :rolleyes:

Maybe a horizontal (swearing in church, I know ;)) timeline, could be visualized, present in the top of the Renoise gui? At the same place where you can also optionally have the master vu meters visualized (right mouse click menu enable/disable). Makes somewhat sense as this also is the spot the timer resides nearby. I would welcome this addition!